Page 28 of 52 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: The next Audi RS6 and RS7 (2013/14)

Just calculating from your price differences in Sweden: Our S6 Avant costs 135000euros (more than RS6 in Sweden), so if the difference stays about the same, it will cost 195.000euros here .
    How much did the V10tt Avant cost in Sweden, here it was 230.000euros?
    PTT

Quote Originally Posted by iconcls View Post
    Judging by the reception from this rather captive audience that the car isn't "RSy" enough, which I agree, this car is going to rot on dealer lots. Way to go Audi.
    100% in agreement with you.

I went to see the RS7, and I was honestly hoping that I would like it, but no go. I am not a fan of the A7, I know some on here are, so no offense intended, but the RS7 quite honestly is just an A7 with RS style bumpers front and rear. The car does not have the character or stance of an RS Audi. So it has the engine, big deal. Why buy a car for the engine when you are not in love with the looks of the car.

I remember when I first bought the C5 RS6. I'd come into my garage, look at the car, and think to myself what an agggressive looking beast. Starting it and hearing the engine was just a plus on top of the looks of the car. I'm not sure how many RS7 owners will be able to have the same perspective.

Looks wise the RS6 is in a different class all together as compared to the RS7.

I also agree that Audi has made a terrible mistake by not offering the RS6 in NA. Let's face it, the person walking into an Audi dealership to purchase an RS vehicle is not just some person looking for a car. They are probably well educated on the RS cars, and more often than not have already owned one. I truly wonder how many on this board would choose an RS7 over the RS6 when placed side by side.

Oh well. Audi, thanks for screwing your faithful NA RS customers yet again.
    Last edited by TOAvusRS6; February 8th, 2013 at 02:44. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by TOAvusRS6 View Post
    100% in agreement with you.

I went to see the RS7, and I was honestly hoping that I would like it, but no go. I am not a fan of the A7, I know some on here are, so no offense intended, but the RS7 quite honestly is just an A7 with RS style bumpers front and rear. The car does not have the character or stance of an RS Audi. So it has the engine, big deal. Why buy a car for the engine when you are not in love with the looks of the car.

I remember when I first bought the C5 RS6. I'd come into my garage, look at the car, and think to myself what an agggressive looking beast. Starting it and hearing the engine was just a plus on top of the looks of the car. I'm not sure how many RS7 owners will be able to have the same perspective.

Looks wise the RS6 is in a different class all together as compared to the RS7.

I also agree that Audi has made a terrible mistake by not offering the RS6 in NA. Let's face it, the person walking into an Audi dealership to purchase an RS vehicle is not just some person looking for a car. They are probably well educated on the RS cars, and more often than not have already owned one. I truly wonder how many on this board would choose an RS7 over the RS6 when placed side by side.

Oh well. Audi, thanks for screwing your faithful NA RS customers yet again.
    Hell Audi and all of the other VAG volume brands sell agressive appearance packages with no performance add ons(s-line, R-design, etc). And I feel like the RS7 is kinda the antithesis to that...it's basically all go and no show. And everyone who's in the market for +100k cars with serious performance credentials want a car that looks the part. Even if its got an extra seat and a big (sexy) ass! Yes they put some nice looking bumpers on it but it reall does lack the charisma...all the previous RS cars have had the fenders. It's not an RS with out them. I'm sure there are still some people who will buy it for the capabilities, and others for the RS badge....but they are giving us faithful a royal screwing....just as we always get. They give us the cars they think we want without asking what we really want!
    C5 RS6 - Daytona Grey/Silver, Carbon Fiber, RNS-E, O.CT ECU/TCU--sold :(
    DD: 02 G500 - 35" Nitto Trail Graplers, baja roof rack, 52" LED light bar
    Business Car: Gulf liveried 01 996TT w/ Tial Alpha A28 turbos + supporting mods - 700hp

Quote Originally Posted by kip View Post
    How much did the V10tt Avant cost in Sweden, here it was 230.000euros?
    I have no idea!
    I'm from Norway, so for me, Sweden is well cheap! Norway's car and environment taxes is so expensive, it actually TRIPLES the price compared to Sweden.
    You are free to call me a economic fugitive! :P
    2004 Audi RS6 - 4.2 V8
    1993 Audi S4 - 4.2 V8
    2007 Audi A8 - 4.2 V8

perhaps Audi needed to go with regular A7 bodies to keep the price down to what Americans would be willing to pay; keep in mind that we pay far less than what these cars cost in a lot of countries.

my wife and I had a "do we want it?" discussion over the RS7. The performance will not disappoint, especially with the potential with a simple ECU flash. My wife likes the styling and the hatchback of the RS7. But the more we talked about it, the more I realized the car broke one of my fundamental rules: a car I buy MUST HAVE flared arches. If it had the same wheel arches as the RS6 (although I find the styling a little on the subtle side even on the C7 RS6), I wouldn't be complaining about the lack of an RS6 on the US market.

Even though I find the styling more or less a dealbreaker, I suspect once the car is tested and its true performance numbers revealed (particularly the Dynamic Plus version), people will buy it anyways. But as my wife and I both dream of an R8, money might be better saved and spent on a V10 R8 down the road; the RS6 we have now is plenty and there is absolutely no reason to sell it.
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

maybe the rs7 in "understatement" body is the answer to cls 63amg (width 1881mm,the same as normal cls )

remember also on the new e63amg 585hp is possibile to order in "business line" exterior
    http://www.worldcarfans.com/11301195...s-line-package

Quote Originally Posted by andreadebi View Post
    maybe the rs7 in "understatement" body is the answer to cls 63amg (width 1881mm,the same as normal cls )

remember also on the new e63amg 585hp is possibile to order in "business line" exterior
    http://www.worldcarfans.com/11301195...s-line-package
    This isn't really any justification. If they built an understated "buisness line" car for the German market then force it on the US then they are really stupid! Notice the last paragraphs of the article essentially say Mercedes realizes that Americans like bold cars...of course mercedes is going to be the big winner of the Audi screwup anyways because Mercedes is giving the US choice of basically every AMG vehicle!
    Business Car: Gulf liveried 01 996TT w/ Tial Alpha A28 turbos + supporting mods - 700hp

Quote Originally Posted by bmwade View Post
    This isn't really any justification. If they built an understated "buisness line" car for the German market then force it on the US then they are really stupid! Notice the last paragraphs of the article essentially say Mercedes realizes that Americans like bold cars...of course mercedes is going to be the big winner of the Audi screwup anyways because Mercedes is giving the US choice of basically every AMG vehicle!
    ok audi is a global brand but hq it's still in germany....so it's perfect competitor against cls-e class on the autobahn

Checkout the Audi Germany fb page right now, they're asking if you like the rs6 or rs7 better...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by andreadebi View Post
    ok audi is a global brand but hq it's still in germany....so it's perfect competitor against cls-e class on the autobahn
    Yeah but my point is that Mercedes is making a special version of the car for special order in non-US markets. Audi is seemingly making a car for European markets and then sending it to the US as a consultation prize for the RS6 Avant. I could care less what special versions of cars are on sale in Germany, but I'm disappointed Audi is seemingly targeting a very specific model. Why don't they just offer to put S7 body kit on the RS7 if someone want that look and make the RS7 more aggressive?

Dear Friends,

i do understand your points concerning the Audi RS 7 Sportback. There is no need to justify, however you deserve a explanation. I can tell you so much... back in the time when the decision to develop a Audi RS 7 Sportback instead of a Audi RS 6 Sedan was made, the person(s) in charge had a different point of view about what the US market demands. Non of those person(s) are working for the group anymore. Sadly the development was just to far gone to turn everything around. I share your opinion that styling wise it is not at the Audi RS 6 Avant level. Again, this was not a quattro GmbH decision. Performance wise, there is no compromise.

If the feedback continuous to point in the direction as it is right now... you will get the Audi RS 6 Sedan and even a Audi RS 6 Sedan GT is under concideration.

Qisha

Quote Originally Posted by Qisha View Post
    Dear Friends,

i do understand your points concerning the Audi RS 7 Sportback. There is no need to justify, however you deserve a explanation. I can tell you so much... back in the time when the decision to develop a Audi RS 7 Sportback instead of a Audi RS 6 Sedan was made, the person(s) in charge had a different point of view about what the US market demands. Non of those person(s) are working for the group anymore. Sadly the development was just to far gone to turn everything around. I share your opinion that styling wise it is not at the Audi RS 6 Avant level. Again, this was not a quattro GmbH decision. Performance wise, there is no compromise.

If the feedback continuous to point in the direction as it is right now... you will get the Audi RS 6 Sedan and even a Audi RS 6 Sedan GT is under concideration.

Qisha
    Thanks Qisha!

I am not sure about how others feel, but to me, the RS7 doesn't have that BEAST look. (no, it doesn't need horns on the hood)
    There are three senses/emotions that grab me as a driver: the look and the power and the sound.
    I have yet to experience the RS7, but the current state of the exterior appearance does nothing for me, nor will it ever.
    It is the same feelings about the GT-R; it has goobs of power but it doesn't appeal to me visually.

I can only hope that the C7 RS6 is brought to North America in either the Sedan or the Avant and perhaps the option of a 6 speed manual or 7 speed manual.

Also, thank you for keeping everyone in tune with GmbH and also for checking up with the forums!

Ben
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Besides the non-RSy

Looks of this RS 7, I have serious misgivings about the mechanics of this thing. One, Tiptronic with a torque converted, really? After the debacle of the the C5 RS 6 Tiptronic, I vowed never to own a high power Audi with a torque converter again. This car deserve a proper modern dual clutch and I don't care who tells me that this ZF slushbox is "fixed." Two, we're forced into DRC if we want sportier handling, really^2? Need I state how great that system was, and again, I don't care who tells me it's "fixed" now, this RS 7 should have magnetic dampeners. I fear the bean counters had too much say in the "engineering."

Qisha mentions the possibility of the RS 6 coming over but, in all likelihood, I'll be in a E63 AMG S-Model by then, too little, too late for AoA. The really sad part is I am more of an under the radar, RS Audi type guy, HELL, I AM their target market, but not at the expense of old tech and watered-down, pedestrian looks.
    Last edited by iconcls; February 11th, 2013 at 13:24.
    '97 993TT, '14 E63 S-line, '17 GT-R and a couple of '12 Mini Cooper S Countryman ALL4s for the kids.

I have serious misgivings about the mechanics of this thing. One, Tiptronic with a torque converted, really? After the debacle of the the C5 RS 6 Tiptronic, I vowed never to own a high power Audi with a torque converter again. This car deserve a proper modern dual clutch and I don't care who tells me that this ZF slushbox is "fixed." Two, we're forced into DRC if we want sportier handling, really^2? Need I state how great that system was, and again, I don't care who tells me it's "fixed" now, this RS 7 should have magnetic dampeners. I fear the bean counters had too much say in the "engineering."
    How was the DRC and TC on the C6? Can anyone comment to reliability on it? I would assume if any engine was going to kill a transmission then it would be a tuned V10TT...

Quote Originally Posted by bmwade View Post
    How was the DRC and TC on the C6? Can anyone comment to reliability on it? I would assume if any engine was going to kill a transmission then it would be a tuned V10TT...
    I have both a C5 RS6 and a 2010 C6 RS6 660HP. Let me say that the C6 transmission and DRC are 1000 times better than those from the C5. Even the DRC selection to drive in comfort mode, dynamic mode or sport mode is just great! As some of you might know, arround 60% of the streets in Mexico tend to be like a mined field, and so far the C6 DRC has been working with no problems.
    About the transmission, well, it really feels strong and as of yet, I have had no problem or difference in the way it works at all (even tough I have raced my C6 in the 1/4 mile strip at least 50 times.). The only think I do not like is that the TCU limits torque in first gear.

And Quisha, any idea is the RS6 is comming to Mexico? I do not like the RS7.

Hope this helps!!

Ghost-

Looks of this RS 7, I have serious misgivings about the mechanics of this thing. One, Tiptronic with a torque converted, really? After the debacle of the the C5 RS 6 Tiptronic, I vowed never to own a high power Audi with a torque converter again. This car deserve a proper modern dual clutch and I don't care who tells me that this ZF slushbox is "fixed." Two, we're forced into DRC if we want sportier handling, really^2? Need I state how great that system was, and again, I don't care who tells me it's "fixed" now, this RS 7 should have magnetic dampeners. I fear the bean counters had too much say in the "engineering."

Qisha mentions the possibility of the RS 6 coming over but, in all likelihood, I'll be in a E63 AMG S-Model by then, too little, too late for AoA. The really sad part is I am more of an under the radar, RS Audi type guy, HELL, I AM their target market, but not at the expense of old tech and watered-down, pedestrian looks.
    Saying that just because it has a torque converter, the car is under served for the power requirements is not fair. Mercedes used an autotrans for their V12 tt 700lb/ft monsters without issue. The devil is in the details. Good idea, poor execution. What we need is a good idea, and good execution for the C7. Don't run off to MB just because they use generic systems in which we know really nothing about the details or design. A dual clutch still has problems with handling serious torque. Its been 10 years since the C5, auto-box technology has come a long way. The trans in the MB CLK Black series (2008) is pretty remarkable, even "rev matching" for down shifts. Ultra-fast upshifts. Just wait and see.. However, I would still be skeptical about the DRC.
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

Quote Originally Posted by Qisha View Post
    Dear Friends,

Qisha
    Hi Qisha,

Please accept my humble opinion, but I honestly think Audi needs to pull the trigger on the RS6 sedan now to save the day. I think Audi will be rewarded if they do so.

If the mindset of RS6 avant for the rest of the globe, and RS7 for NA continues, I suspect given the feedback you are seeing here that sales of the RS7 will be less than stellar. That unfortunately will send the wrong message that NA is not the place for RS product, when the reality is that many of us want it, but are not given the choice we want, i.e. there is a market, and please provide both avant and sedan and sales will come.

I realize you are only one voice, but I think it has to be said that whoever is doing market analysis for NA seems very much detached from their customers.

Still looking good...
    PTT