Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: The next Audi RS6 and RS7 (2013/14)

Mugello Blue C5 RS6 Avant Viper Tuning ECU/TCU
    MTM Bimoto wheels 9,5 x 19 ET 30 LK 5x112 with 275/30/19 tyres
    MTM exhaust system cat back 4-pipe with throttle valves in 2 pipes, control

That's pretty cool!

RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Nice.. We also have the first performance numbers from AZ:

0-100 km/h: 4.1 s, 0-200 km/h: 12.7 s
    PTT

For straight line speed, the RS6 will have trouble keeping up with the M5 and the E63 if those are the 0-200 km/h numbers we can expect. It is an estate and not an sedan as the M5 though, but the M5 has posted times that are 1 second quicker to 200 km/h.

Will be interesting to see more performance numbers pop up.

But for looks, the M5 doesn't stand a chance in my book. Spotted a black one on the roads in Sweden today, and my god. Looked like it would actually EAT anything that's in front of it

Hi Qisha

RS7 is starting To look good. Saw the RS6 the other day and that Car is not for me. The RS7 is a different Story. Any confirmation of the 5th seat availability? Also I Think To get more customers You should change Your current strategy and sell the plus version To People who have bought the Car earlier as a powerkit option Like Porsche and Nissan GTR have done. I am hasitating To buy the First version, as I know a plus version is coming later. Why cant I buy the RS7 now and upgrade it as a Factory powerkit for a fee later. When the plus version arrives its usually So late that I don't buy it because the new version is around the corner. Just wanted To share My thoughts as a Panamera turbo powerkit owner and interested in the rs7.
    PTT

Poor little RS4

E63 estate is avail in the US. Hmmm, MB have fixed that ugly bubble in the rear.

Quote Originally Posted by S6V10Avant View Post
    It's really too bad they weren't able to test the AMG-S 4 matic. Can't wait to see that comparison!
    C5 RS6 - Daytona Grey/Silver, Carbon Fiber, RNS-E, O.CT ECU/TCU--sold :(
    DD: 02 G500 - 35" Nitto Trail Graplers, baja roof rack, 52" LED light bar
    Business Car: Gulf liveried 01 996TT w/ Tial Alpha A28 turbos + supporting mods - 700hp

Took along time to read all this. I have an RS7 on order. I would rather have an RS6 sedan, period. I do not want an Avant of any car...just not what I like. I too wish Audi had given the 7 flares of some type to make it stand out more from the S7. It is too subtle. I love the S8 having driven two of them now. The engine is nuts. Hoping back into my RS5 was indeed disappointing with the back to back torque comparison. The S8 reminded me of my RS6. And I smiled. We will see if I feel the same when my RS7 comes in. I'm not a fan of MB styling period so not going that route. My wife does not like the looks of the 7 but I mostly do. I am highly annoyed as an early RS6 owner how long it took to get more RS cars here and real sedan size even longer...inexcusable. I'm getting the 7 because I do not like the other cars in the same class and the Audi does enough for me and I do need 4 doors...but I do feel like its missing some RS-ness.

My RS5 after 13+ track days is really a great car (the S tronic does everything right and the handling is remarkable for a big heavy car...miles ahead of my old RS6), and just a pleasure to look at. I was not happy about no TT V8 in it before it showed up (so why did we have to wait two extra years to just get an exterior upgrade) but the overall performance has won me over. My RS6 I never added any engine performance upgrades to since it couldn't take the power it was already getting from the engine (well above 450hp...dyno had 395 at the wheels stock). So even if the RS5 had turbos after a million service visits with my RS6 I don't think I would have tuned an RS5 either while a warranty existed. However will I keep it? Not sure. I kept my RS6 for 6 years but the 5 may get replaced by the 7 that may get replaced by who knows what Audi sedan of the future a few years out but neither the 5 or 7 I feel will hold onto me like the RS6 did...even after 4 transmissions.

Since I'm clearly Audi's target...R8 GT, RS5, previous S5 Stasis cabriolet waiting for the RS5, and former RS6, 2 TTs and a Cabriolet, and now an RS7 coming...Audi you did miss the mark a bit. I'm hesitant on my 7 order...if I like it when it comes in I will actually buy it...if it was an RS6 sedan I would even think twice and the RS5 would no doubt be leaving my fleet. The S8 is compelling but I'm just not there yet as to me that is the ultimate luxury performance yacht but I still want a 'beast' for the daily 4 door driver. If Audi does listen to customers at a certain level they may want to talk to me. I certainly gave my opinion at the Detroit show on the 7 and my disappointment with the exterior styling to the representatives there. Too bad it was too late to have changes. I get it that the car is already wide but it needs more to stand out from the S7. But hey I'm buying it anyway...oops.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

Agree, but

Quote Originally Posted by mmaturo View Post
    if it was an RS6 sedan I would even think twice
    Since we're only getting the RS 7, I'm going E63S, if an RS 6 saloon was crossing the pond, it would not be such a forgone conclusion for me. But, ultimately, I think I'd still go E63S because I've had too many Audis and have grown a bit weary of so much weight cantilevered over the front axle, a car that can turn/rotate, and not plow, should be a nice change.
    '97 993TT, '14 E63 S-line, '17 GT-R and a couple of '12 Mini Cooper S Countryman ALL4s for the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by mmaturo View Post
    Took along time to read all this.
    (Edited for brevity)

This is one of those posts where I read every word, and I agree with it, but I do feel the need to chime in.

You are exactly the consumer that Audi wants - you buy a new car approx. every 2 years according to the list you've got, and your stylings vary throughout their product line. (Here comes the but)
    Buuuuuuut, you are, at least from what I can see, one member of the less than 1% of the Audi market that does so. Couple that with the fact that Audi is less than 1% of the American market - most of that due to prohibitive costs, both upfront and in maintenance, and releasing anything bold and different (and costly) is a VERY risky move on their part.

You have to look at this from the perspective of the bean-counters at AoA. They've taken some monumental risks in releasing their flagship vehicles in the US.
    First and foremost, they screwed up royally with the RS6, no two ways about it. They lost millions on the venture, and the bean-counters don't like it when a risky move doesn't pay off.
    Then, they flipped their game with the R8. They spent yet more millions putting it on the market, advertising, hyping, doing product placement and _giving some away_ to celebrities. Now, they can rest on their laurels knowing that the R8 is a sought-after car, and is holding its resale value better than any other luxury sports car.

The thing that really set it apart was that it wasn't what they'd done with anything else. They didn't take an existing chassis, widen the body kit, drop in a (larger, and/or forced induction, and/or tuned) engine, and change the A# to S# or RS#, they built an entirely different car from the ground up, based on a brand new chassis, brand new design, etc. Just to give an example, if I were to hack up my exhaust, put some dual-dual dual-chamber mufflers inline, and re-badge my car as an A6, the only thing that'd give it away to 99% of the car-buying public, is the enormous front calipers (IF they even bothered to look beyond the badge!)

I'm not discounting what you're saying, hell I would LOVE to see a new RS6 saloon come to the US. I just don't see it happening anytime soon. The problem here isn't Audi, the problem here is that the very few people in the US who give half a crap about it, are all sending different messages to AoA. One person wants the RS6 Saloon, someone else wants the RS7 to be more distinct from the S7, another wants the RS6 Avant, someone else wants to have their driver tote them around in an RS8-L just for the grins. If the community sends these mixed messages, AoA is not going to get the real message - the US market is ready for a 4-door, grocery-getting street rocket.

AoA doesn't want to take another multi-million dollar hit like they did with the '03 RS6. They're shying away from risky moves that haven't been well-thought-out, and rightfully so. I've said it on other forums and I'll say it here about the Avant - Wagons don't sell well enough in the US for Audi to spend millions crash-testing them to meet the safety standards. Now, if the trade acts work out the way I'm hoping, and the US follows the rest of the world in accepting proven European safety standards, we've gone from a 0% chance to an 85+% chance of seeing it happen.

Whew, this got a lot longer than I was expecting.

tl;dr: I hope you get what I'm saying, and see that I agree and sympathize, but we're a small, split market, and AoA can't risk pleasing everyone to lose their shirt on us.
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Quote Originally Posted by Other_Erik View Post
    Wagons don't sell well enough in the US for Audi to spend millions crash-testing them to meet the safety standards.
    I know this statement constantly gets thrown around, but I'll point out (again) that buying taste changes over time. The current US sales numbers for the Allroad, the only Avant Audi offers in the US right now, are on par with other models they offer. Based on Audi's published sales numbers for June (http://www.audiusanews.com/pressrele...cord-u.s-sales), it sold 1 less unit than the A8. It sold about 30 less than the A7. I will be the first to admit, the numbers are way off the A4 and A6 sedan numbers, but it is on par with the other niche vehicles.

AoA doesn't want to take another multi-million dollar hit like they did with the '03 RS6.
    I really don't think you can compare the situations. We're talking about a decade of difference in buying trends, manufacturing improvements, dealership network, safety regulations, etc, etc. That generation RS6 was stretched to the technological limits, and the maintenance was complicated and expensive. This one is more of an extension of what they already do very well in the A6 and S6.

One person wants the RS6 Saloon, someone else wants the RS7 to be more distinct from the S7, another wants the RS6 Avant, someone else wants to have their driver tote them around in an RS8-L just for the grins.
    I don't disagree with you here, but that fragmentation is a direct result of manufacturers offering too many variations of cars trying to be everything to everyone. Plus, Mercedes manages to bring AMG versions of the CLS and E, BMW brings the M5, M6 and M6 grand coupe. If that's the reason, I would suggest a more focused study to truly assess the demand rather than relying on dealership feedback. But AoA certainly can't be surprised when people jump ship to other brands for their performance models. Nor can they generalize that the US doesn't buy RS models with such a limited offering.
    Last edited by Dr99; July 12th, 2013 at 15:19.