Thread: The next Audi RS6 and RS7 (2013/14)

Hybrid View

RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    There is nothing edgey or that speaks power about this look. The thing I liked a lot about the C5 platform is the fat wheel wells which gave the car a more agressive styling/look. This is quite muted. I liken this to the C5 Z06 Corvette styling in comparisson to the C6 Z06 which was more agressive and had wheel flares that gave it a mean look. This is not grandpa's sedan and as such should stand out amongst the crowd. The photo here doesn't stand out IMO. It blends in all too well. If you are a fan of the sleeper feel, than this probably floats your boat. Personally, if I need to spend gobs of $$ to get the elite halo car, it needs to stand out as being significantly different from the counterparts in more than performance.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    There is nothing edgey or that speaks power about this look.
    Just so everyone knows, this is just a photoshop.

But I think more and more these "supercars" will look like and be based around the normal production cars, due to costs.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    There is nothing edgey or that speaks power about this look. The thing I liked a lot about the C5 platform is the fat wheel wells which gave the car a more agressive styling/look. This is quite muted. I liken this to the C5 Z06 Corvette styling in comparisson to the C6 Z06 which was more agressive and had wheel flares that gave it a mean look. This is not grandpa's sedan and as such should stand out amongst the crowd. The photo here doesn't stand out IMO. It blends in all too well. If you are a fan of the sleeper feel, than this probably floats your boat. Personally, if I need to spend gobs of $$ to get the elite halo car, it needs to stand out as being significantly different from the counterparts in more than performance.
    After living with the Panamera now for 2 years and being cameraphoned everywhere I go, this is exactly what I am looking for. I though didnt like the new RS4 as much as the old RS4 avant. Hope it looks good live.

Nonetheless, I would have been interested in the RS4 as I mostly drive alone and in the city, but I think making a pure V8 without turbocharging was an error on the part of Audi these days, when turbocharged engines are getting unbelievable milage. I was going to buy the RS5, but thought a V8 without turbos was outdated allready then in this age of cylinder shutoff, start-stop functions etc... The fact that they came with the same concept as the RS5 a few years later surprised me.
    PTT