Thread: RS6 vs R8

RS6 vs R8

I was hauling a$$ through a light today and noticed an R8 sitting in cross traffic. I hit the brakes and checked the rearview and sure enough he was turning my way. I slowed down to a crawl, rolled down the window, waited, and threw him respect with a big thumbs up as he passed! He gave one right back. Too bad I had to make it to a meeting.

I thought, good to be in the Audi club!

Based on the chart below, I assume some of the tuned RS6's on this this board could give an R8 a run for its money.

http://www.zeroto60times.com/Audi-0-60-mph-Times.html

Any stories?
    03 RS6 Ebony Pearl Effect on Ebony / Carbon Fiber / MTM TCU / Sportec Cooling / KWV3 Coilovers / Hotchkis Sway Bars / Stern Control Arms / HRE P40SC Wheels / Hawk HPS pads / RNS-E / + pedals / Rear Window Spoiler / Cleared Corners

There's no problem making it to a meeting with an RS6!
    2004 Audi RS6 - 4.2 V8
    1993 Audi S4 - 4.2 V8
    2007 Audi A8 - 4.2 V8

Never pulled against a V10 version, but have done legal drags and not so legal street runs against V8 versions and have never lost once. The extra 150hp makes up for the extra 1G in weight and the extra torque speaks volumes.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

good question

being lucky enough to own both of these machines, I have to say that my tuned RS6 wins in the strait line. Any curves/track goes to the R8. My v8 R8 is my preferred track car, incredible handling and balance. Of course I love them both.
    SOLD - 2003 RS6 Black on Black / SE / Solar / Carbon / APR ECU + TCU / Wagner Intercoolers / Fog light delete / RNS-E / LED tails / Clear Corners / Sportek Cooling / itg filters /

V10 R8 is a beast. For a NA car, it pulls like a freight train!
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement

Last year I was on highway 280 running up above the SF Bay when a beautiful black R8 entered the road. I pulled up along side of him and gave the respectful thumbs up, as we were cruising at only around 65. The road was open, radar detector on, and he gunned it to "show me". I immediately followed suit, starting a bit behind him, and pulled on him so that once we hit around 110 I was pulling away. He shut down first and I slowed to let him then pull up alongside me. I then got the respectful thumbs up . I presumed it was the V8 but nevertheless it was a sweet moment...
    First RS6 totaled at 142K. Now donor for S6 Avant project. Daily driver: Sepang Blue 2016 S6. Black optics, sport package. #2 Black on Black, Level 10 and Koni, Eclipse Nav + Sirius, 034 Motorsports ECU and TCU tune.

Having driven both (EC RS6 V8TT Tip & R8 V10 6 speed) with Mobilia:
    The RS6 felt like there was more torque down low and smoother up to 160mph
    The R8 felt like it had longer legs, obviously lighter and rev range really came alive after 5000rpm until rev limiter
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by papadoc View Post
    Last year I was on highway 280 running up above the SF Bay when a beautiful black R8 entered the road. I pulled up along side of him and gave the respectful thumbs up, as we were cruising at only around 65. The road was open, radar detector on, and he gunned it to "show me". I immediately followed suit, starting a bit behind him, and pulled on him so that once we hit around 110 I was pulling away. He shut down first and I slowed to let him then pull up alongside me. I then got the respectful thumbs up . I presumed it was the V8 but nevertheless it was a sweet moment...
    Nice!
    03 RS6 Ebony Pearl Effect on Ebony / Carbon Fiber / MTM TCU / Sportec Cooling / KWV3 Coilovers / Hotchkis Sway Bars / Stern Control Arms / HRE P40SC Wheels / Hawk HPS pads / RNS-E / + pedals / Rear Window Spoiler / Cleared Corners

^^^^ x 2