Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I paid too much for my BEAST

paid 23,900 for my beast with 93k miles, all records from day 1 from the audi dealer in IL, time belt done less than 10k ago and the 75k service was done at 82k i think i over paid......but once i start it up i smile everytime and its worth it....all tho id sell it in a heart beat for what i paid for it lol
    2003 RS6//Fully Adjustable Suspension//VIPER ECU&TCU//Daytona Gray-Black
    Fully straight piped from the turbos to tips!
    Apikol Intake and D.O. Dual Nozzle Stage 2 Meth Kit

Bought new March 2004 for $83k, now at 123k miles, and can't think of any car under $100k I'd rather drive. Chip it and pour in some ACES IV and you'll never have a moment of buyer's remorse.
    First RS6 totaled at 142K. Now donor for S6 Avant project. Daily driver: Sepang Blue 2016 S6. Black optics, sport package. #2 Black on Black, Level 10 and Koni, Eclipse Nav + Sirius, 034 Motorsports ECU and TCU tune.

Paid too much ? Naw, you stimulated our economy ! (thank you btw) And you made that dealership's day (or even the whole month !!) I bet they were only into the car for mid-20s.

I think these cars are under-valued as of lately. It seems about the only thing worth buying today are used high-end cars. So congrats on your purchase ! Sounds like you got a really nice one.

Me? I paid too little , I know I did. I got my car in 2009 for 22.5K$ with 78K on the odo and the T-belt was just done. I couldn't believe, nor couldn't walk away from the deal; the seller wanted out fast; he was asking 30 grand with no bites for months !
    SOLD ! 2003 RS6 Mugello/Silver -MTM
    2001 allroad 6-speed (300K+), 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E, 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63, 2010 BMW X3, 1986 16V Scirocco, 2005 Mercedes E55 Wagon

used RS6s in Korea trade over $40K, but they're all grey-market imports and not exactly many of them. The one I drove there had Arabic on the side mirrors, which I'm guessing said "objects are closer than they appear" - the car originated in Dubai and then the owner returned to Korea and brought the car with him. Yes, it did have the solar panel and hot weather kit...:P
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

Quote Originally Posted by papadoc View Post
    Bought new March 2004 for $83k, now at 123k miles, and can't think of any car under $100k I'd rather drive. Chip it and pour in some ACES IV and you'll never have a moment of buyer's remorse.
    That's a lot of fun miles papadoc, well done! Are you still on original trans and tc?
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    That's a lot of fun miles papadoc, well done! Are you still on original trans and tc?
    Amazingly yes. I bought an extended warranty and never used it. Alternator died not that long ago, otherwise have had extremely good luck. I installed the APR TCU very early on, don't know if that has made the difference in the life of the trans and TC, but it certainly didn't hurt it!
    First RS6 totaled at 142K. Now donor for S6 Avant project. Daily driver: Sepang Blue 2016 S6. Black optics, sport package. #2 Black on Black, Level 10 and Koni, Eclipse Nav + Sirius, 034 Motorsports ECU and TCU tune.

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    Don't even talk to those of us that have owned their cars for 5~9 years and mention paying too much

Baaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaahaaaaa

what he said.

LOL

I paid WAY TOO MUCH for mine also, but loved every minute of driving... Therapy on Wheels.

Mike

See too much is a relative term, if you're talking about a joyless ecobox then $5000 is to much, but for a car like ours it's priceless. Smiles per mile is the only rational way to compare price!
    C5 RS6 - Daytona Grey/Silver, Carbon Fiber, RNS-E, O.CT ECU/TCU--sold :(
    DD: 02 G500 - 35" Nitto Trail Graplers, baja roof rack, 52" LED light bar
    Business Car: Gulf liveried 01 996TT w/ Tial Alpha A28 turbos + supporting mods - 700hp

I bought my first RS6 2 months ago and paid infinitely too much as I can't drive it. The previous owner was a smoker and although the smoke smell is gone it still bothers me. I can't drive it for more than 5 minutes without feeling sick.

So yeah! You could say I paid too much.

But, I just got another one. Paid $27,000 US to the 2nd owner of this car. It had 37500 miles on it when it was picked up in Chicago. Of course, I had to pay a few thousand dollars to get it shipped to Calgary, and a few more for duty and taxes, but it was worth it. This new car is spotless. I cannot find a scratch, chip, or dent on it. The previous owner was meticulous. He drove it for only 10,000 miles. He bought it from the original owner who was, get this, an 80 year old lady.! Apparently, her rich son bought it for her. This car has been pampered. It's like it was in a time capsule. So despite taking a bath on the first RS6, it was worth it. I just drove it through some twisties near my house. Oh yeah! It was worth it!

Attached is a photo of my "fleet" before I liquidate. Although I love the S6, it's got 190,000 km on it and it just doesn't generate the excitement that it used to. The "new" RS6 is closest to the camera.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8978..jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	66.1 KB 
ID:	12819  

nice fleet you have there , show us some more pictures of the new one...is it the one the right side i presume!?
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

Got mine for 18k in march of 2010. 101k on the odo and PDI'd, serviced by me it's whole life. 132k on it now and still rocking original TC and trans.

Quote Originally Posted by cgyrs6 View Post
    I bought my first RS6 2 months ago and paid infinitely too much as I can't drive it. The previous owner was a smoker and although the smoke smell is gone it still bothers me. I can't drive it for more than 5 minutes without feeling sick.

But, I just got another one. Paid $27,000 US to the 2nd owner of this car. It had 37500 miles on it when it was picked up in Chicago. Of course, I had to pay a few thousand dollars to get it shipped to Calgary, and a few more for duty and taxes, but it was worth it. This new car is spotless. I cannot find a scratch, chip, or dent on it. The previous owner was meticulous. He drove it for only 10,000 miles. He bought it from the original owner who was, get this, an 80 year old lady.! Apparently, her rich son bought it for her. This car has been pampered. It's like it was in a time capsule. So despite taking a bath on the first RS6, it was worth it. I just drove it through some twisties near my house. Oh yeah! It was worth it!

Attached is a photo of my "fleet" before I liquidate. Although I love the S6, it's got 190,000 km on it and it just doesn't generate the excitement that it used to. The "new" RS6 is closest to the camera.
    We are distributing our ozone machine to dealers in Canada soon.. 30 bucks and in 30 minutes it will remove all cigarette smells and most any other smell. You can probably find a high end detail shop which may have a generic ozone machine. Depending on the brand, they can work very well. Some may require more time then others but worth a shot if its driving you crazy.
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

I bought my RS6 two weeks ago. I flew to Ft. Lauderdale FL to pick it up and then drove home to SLC in 2.5 days. What a wonderful drive...only wish it was longer. I paid just under 25K for a two owner car complete with all service documents, MTM tune for the ECU and TCU plus Miltek exhaust. Every leading edge is covered in 3M clear-bra and there isn't a scratch anywhere and the interior is just as pristine. It has 70K on the clock and I couldn't be happier. Its at the dealership right now (which sucks)...leaky output shaft seal and bad wheel bearing. ALL covered under the included Fidelity Platinum extended warranty that came with it. The way I see it, the cost really isn't the point. Its the catharsis of driving in a vehicle you go back out to the garage just to look at two minutes after you've parked it. You can't put a price on that. Life is often sh!t. So I feel quite lucky and I very much appreciate being able to have a car that makes me feel like that.
    2004 RS 6 Misano Red, MTM ECU/TCU, Milltek

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    The way I see it, the cost really isn't the point. Its the catharsis of driving in a vehicle you go back out to the garage just to look at two minutes after you've parked it. You can't put a price on that. Life is often sh!t. So I feel quite lucky and I very much appreciate being able to have a car that makes me feel like that.
    Very well said!... And welcome to the board!
    2003 RS6 l SE Exhaust l Koni Yellow Sports w/stock springs l Lowered 1"F 1.25"R l EPL Tuned l 19 x 9.5 VMR V713 & 265 PSS's l 50% window tint l Protective film on entire hood, bumper and front quarter panels l

Quote Originally Posted by Brav View Post
    We are distributing our ozone machine to dealers in Canada soon.. 30 bucks and in 30 minutes it will remove all cigarette smells and most any other smell. You can probably find a high end detail shop which may have a generic ozone machine. Depending on the brand, they can work very well. Some may require more time then others but worth a shot if its driving you crazy.
    Thanks Brav. I've tried that already but unfortunately it didn't work for me. The smells gone but there's something left that just kills me. Others have driven it without any issues, but all I have to do is open the door on a warm sunny day and I just about fall over. My health's not worth it, so that's why I found the second one. And it is so worth it. The first one and the S6 are up for sale.

I drove a grey one with white interior, wood trim, pretty sure somebody died in it, smelled bad....although my brother though it could have just been a really stinky person who drove it a lot...bad...good luck there!

Thor, you got a great deal on a sweet looking example, have fun!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

These posts have been great! I have enjoyed reading all of them. Each of you have added words to how I feel about my machine. To me, its an engineering marvel. Like fine art, its difficult to assess an accurate value.

It will be interesting to see how the 2013 RS6 effects the US market value of the 2003 RS6.
    03 RS6 Ebony Pearl Effect on Ebony / Carbon Fiber / MTM TCU / Sportec Cooling / KWV3 Coilovers / Hotchkis Sway Bars / Stern Control Arms / HRE P40SC Wheels / Hawk HPS pads / RNS-E / + pedals / Rear Window Spoiler / Cleared Corners

Quote Originally Posted by cgyrs6 View Post

So landed cost for you was around 33-34K if my math is correct (accounts for all import fees, transport, duties, taxes, inspections, and assumes an even rate exchange rate although you probably lost 3 points there with the bank). Too bad you didn't take the time to look locally first as I'm selling one of my two RS6's here for over 12K less, and if you aren't one of those people that automatically things a car with 100K on it is detrimental to the lifespan of the car, could have driven it home the same day....
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down