Thread: GIAC flash always included ECU and TCU, not just ECU?

GIAC flash always included ECU and TCU, not just ECU?

I bought my car in June. The owner gave me a GIAC cable/programmer and showed me how to plu it in under the steering wheel and pick the program I prefer. Do you know if GIAC program always included ECU and TCU flash? GIAC web site claims that their current program includes ECU and TCU but I am not sure if that was always the case. Any first hand knowledge from all of you on this as well as the GIAC peformance is much appreciated. I will also contact GIAC and the previous owner once I am back in the country.

I think they were separate. But you can either ask GIAC or pull your TCU and check. If you dont have the TCU chip I have a spare one I will let go of cheap!

I really recommend the MTM TCU chip though.

Search GIAC on here and you will get some interesting info.
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement

How cheap? I might buy it as backup, get plenty of rain up here...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I sure did :-). I cannot complaint too much as it came with the car. The car is plenty fast for me as so I am terribly worried unless the GIAC chip impacts reliability in any way? ir TC, transmission etc. Is there any reason for concern for using any of the GIAC programs?

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    How cheap? I might buy it as backup, get plenty of rain up here...
    Just the chip, not the TCU.

I was actually in your neck of the woods last week in Hillsboro (north of you). Will be there in the next couple weeks as well.

Quote Originally Posted by tantheman View Post
    I sure did :-). I cannot complaint too much as it came with the car. The car is plenty fast for me as so I am terribly worried unless the GIAC chip impacts reliability in any way? ir TC, transmission etc. Is there any reason for concern for using any of the GIAC programs?
    GIAC is known to run the timing and boost a bit aggressive to make power. While fueling is questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by tantheman View Post
    The MTM chip will improve shifting, certainly sportier, and can reduce wear on the trans. Pull your TCU and have it sent to have the chip soldered in...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by marklar182 View Post
    GIAC is know to run the timing and boost a bit aggressive to make power. While fueling is questionable.
    Sounds like REVO...but that can be fixed some...

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    The MTM chip will improve shifting, certainly sportier, and can reduce wear on the trans. Pull your TCU and have it sent to have the chip soldered in...

Or send it to Rich at VIPER!
    2003 RS6//Fully Adjustable Suspension//VIPER ECU&TCU//Daytona Gray-Black
    Fully straight piped from the turbos to tips!
    Apikol Intake and D.O. Dual Nozzle Stage 2 Meth Kit

The GIAC tip chip is not included with flash.....at least not when I had mine done by AWE Racing in PA a few years ago.
    91' NSX Turbo 700whp/550tq
    03' RS6 550ish bhp/tq
    09' R8 :-)