Thread: Did anyone here ever travel with the Concorde?

Did anyone here ever travel with the Concorde?

Anyone here ever travelled with the Concorde?

RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Originally posted by Erik
    Nice story and pics.

http://www.benlovejoy.com/concorde/t...rde/part2.html
    Great story and Pictures.

What a beaut the Concorde is, nothing like that will happen for some time.

I was on a Russain Concorde at a German transport museum back in 2001, but that being previously Russain owned was in a terrible state. The seats were taken out and everything, all what was left was the main shell, windows etc with the cockpit in place. It's sad to see such a beautiful piece of engineering be neglected.

I also had an Uncle who worked on the design of the Concorde but sadly, he's deseased, so I can't really ask him any questions about it.

I never knew the Concorde could travel above 900mph!

That was a great write-up and pictures.
    About ten years ago I got a chance to fly on the Concorde from New York to London. (There were some empty seats on the Concorde so received a free upgrade from Business Class on BA's 747. Just a few points as that story about covers it all. The Concorde lounge was quite something. Very fancy and you could eat a whole meal before even getting on the plane. There were no famous folks on my flight, but many of the people in the lounge seemed to know each other very well. My guess was that they flew the Concorde quite often.
    The take-off was as described in the story. Taking off from JFK airport there is a "slow down" over Long Island for noise abatement, but once over open water you notice a steady, forceful pushback in your seat as the plane "opens up" the engines. And it lasts much longer than on a subsonic jet.
    There is no indication that one has broken the sound barrier other than the Mach Meter you saw in the photos.
    For me it was a once in a lifetime experience.
    ----------------------------------
    '03 BMW E39 M5
    '05 Ford Expedition EB 4WD
    '05 Honda Accord EX-V6

The future's bright. The future's Concordeux

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3231354.stm