Thread: extended warranty for a 113K milage RS6?

extended warranty for a 113K milage RS6?

I bought my RS6 about a month ago. The more I read on this forum the more I feel the need to have coverage for likely high ticket items. I called the usual suspects and they said they would not sell a warranty package for an RS6 if it has more than 100K miles :-(.
    Any guidance as to where to go from here is much apprecuated...

A good independent mechanic can save you thousands, start looking around now before you need one, my 2 cents...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

No one will cover a car over 100k.

It is getting harder and harder to find a company to cover an RS6. They have caught on!
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement

Quote Originally Posted by marklar182 View Post
    It is getting harder and harder to find a company to cover an RS6. They have caught on!
    ^^Yup, because peeps like Marklar and me are getting more than their money's worth ($10K and counting on my car)!
    2003 RS6, Mugello Blue/Ebony - SOLD :-(
    2015 S5 Coupe, Mythos Black w/Black Optics package and an attitude

Who is your warranty company? I can't find a decent one... best I found was $3k for a 36k / 36 month warranty, but what I read about the company was not positive... very slow to get repairs done, declining most claims, partial pays, labor rate problems (customer pays difference). Company was Wheelz (American Auto Guardian). I feel naked not having one on this vehicle, but also don't want to throw my money down the drain.

Just lie. Likely the will never see you car in person, so tell them it has 98K
    www.jsmotorcar.com

I have a zero-deductible platinum policy with National. It was pricey (around $4K) but there's very little it doesn't cover, and I'm about $6K in the black so far.

There was a forum member (SAFE4NOW) who was an expert on aftermarket service contracts. I haven't seen him post anything for a while, but you might try sending him a PM if he's still registered.
    2003 RS6, Mugello Blue/Ebony - SOLD :-(
    2015 S5 Coupe, Mythos Black w/Black Optics package and an attitude

Quote Originally Posted by vitalian View Post
    There was a forum member (SAFE4NOW) who was an expert on aftermarket service contracts. I haven't seen him post anything for a while, but you might try sending him a PM if he's still registered.
    Yup, he is an expert! I believe he used TSP for his RS6. The rates have increased heavily from my discussions with him a while back!
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement

Costco (USA) is selling a product through Century Warranty Services... don't have the contract / specifics yet, but they claim to cover wear and tear, etc., which from what I've seen most don't. Does anyone have any experience with Century?

From what I've learned the vast majority of warranty companies are junk, the key is to find one that will fairly pay its claims, take an RS6, and not cost a small fortune (I was referred to one through Audi - think it was EZ Care or something) that was $9k for 3 years... wow.

I would pass on a warranty for virtually any other car, but would like to secure one for the RS6.... 72k miles and know an unpleasant mechanical surprise is lurking ahead.