Thread: Low cost insurance option?

Low cost insurance option?

Long story short, I attemted to insure my car with hagerty. They first set they could and then they came back and said they could not. It would have been a very low rate with hagerty versus what my current insurance for my other cars had quoted me. Is there s unique way to insure our rare and special RS6s other than going with the run-of-the-mill insurance carriers at a significant premium? Thank you for the input in advance.
    Tantheman

I found Progressive pretty reasonable - only a nominal increase to my '05 TL when I switched rides... was surprised frankly.

Quote Originally Posted by eanders View Post
    I found Progressive pretty reasonable - only a nominal increase to my '05 TL when I switched rides... was surprised frankly.
    The insurance on my RS6 is same as my 2011 Grand Cherokee and same as my old 4 Runner

Hagerty won't insure your car as a primary. Or any car. They require you have an existing policy on your primary daily driver with someone else, and will insure your other "collectible" cars. I tried to do the same, after I quoted it out with them.. but then I learned about how they operate. Was with USAA, but now moving to State Farm. RS6 costs more to insure than any car I've had (even a 360).
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

Quote Originally Posted by Brav View Post
    Hagerty won't insure your car as a primary. Or any car. They require you have an existing policy on your primary daily driver with someone else, and will insure your other "collectible" cars. I tried to do the same, after I quoted it out with them.. but then I learned about how they operate. Was with USAA, but now moving to State Farm. RS6 costs more to insure than any car I've had (even a 360).

Same here, I am with USAA and the monthly premium doubled when I went from a 2004 Honda Accord to the 2003 RS6...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Twinsteve - Would you mind sharing your insurance company name? I will call Progressive. Thanks all for your responses. I cannot wait to get my RS6 insured at a reasonable rate, which will be a bit of challenge. Thanks to all for your responses.

My RS6 is about the same to insure as my newer Edge, neither of which are very expensive. I'm with Progressive.

Quote Originally Posted by tantheman View Post
    Twinsteve - Would you mind sharing your insurance company name? I will call Progressive. Thanks all for your responses. I cannot wait to get my RS6 insured at a reasonable rate, which will be a bit of challenge. Thanks to all for your responses.
    I use Allmerica Financial....switched from Geico...insurance is as much a function of part of the country you live in and driving record vs. the actual car

I am with USAA. I probably should shop around especially hearing that State Farm was cheaper for someone else.

My insurance definitely went up with the RS6, but then, my prior daily driver was a 1995 Toyota Camry with 225K miles on it. That was a beast in a whole 'nother sense of the word. Not even a need for full coverage on that wreck.
    03 RS6 Ebony Pearl Effect on Ebony / Carbon Fiber / MTM TCU / Sportec Cooling / KWV3 Coilovers / Hotchkis Sway Bars / Stern Control Arms / HRE P40SC Wheels / Hawk HPS pads / RNS-E / + pedals / Rear Window Spoiler / Cleared Corners

Quote Originally Posted by eanders View Post
    I'll give another thumbs up to Progressive. Rate on my RS is within $25 of my wifes '04 Lexus RX330. I also had an experience last year with progressive (before becoming a customer in January) when I was hit by a car while cycling. The whole process was smooth and they were great to deal with. I realize that may vary by region, but I was quite impressed. FWIW, I was previously with Allstate and my agents quote for the RS was almost twice what I got at Progressive.

Thank you for all the follow-up responses. I ended up going with allstate, where I have my home and other cars. It appears, from the responses, Progressive may be be lower cost when you do not have your home with them and allstate maybe be lower when you do. It sure costs to insure our RS6s..."cost of having fun" I guess...:-)

Join Audi Club North America and you get a substantial discount through Liberty Mutual!
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement