Thread: More RS6 Wheel questions

More RS6 Wheel questions

I've looked thru what seems to be all the posts on wheels but didn't see what I was after.

The question is: What wheels brands and models do you like or have bought for the C5-RS6?

This would include some specific information such as dimensions, weight and cost.

Personally, I'm not finding much in the way of affordable 19x9.5" wheels (about $1K for a set) with an ET that seems appropriate (30-35mm). There are a couple like TSW or Breyton, Petrol...

Want to use 275/30-19 tires w/o rolling fender lips, or at least 265/35-19. The tire issue, seems to me, is finding the correct load rating. I've noticed 'XL' rated tires can still have a low Load Index-- which doesn't make sense to me. The current OE sized Bridgestone RE760's are a 95W (not XL rated) and even with higher pressure (40psi), still flat spot from sitting over night. Car vibrates until the tire warms up. My V8S4 with XL rated Conti's never did this even in the winter.

Main issue is sourcing the wheels. I'm going thru the normal channels, but hope for some specific wheel brand and model recommendations.

Open to any input.
    Cheers, G2/Gary
    C5-RS6/KWV3/Revo/H20 Inj./Custom BBK/Custom cooling/CNC arms \ VW Touareg V10 \ B7A4 2.0T Avant \ Mk1 Callaway Scirocco \ audirs6parts@gmail.com / www.oilpro.myamsoil.com

I will be interested in what feedback you get.

I need to get a second set of wheels for my RS6 as well. The previous owner of mine swapped out tires each winter, and I am more inclined to have both sets mounted. For me the question becomes do I use the 8 spoke OEM wheels as primary and get winter wheels (decent ones obviously), or make the OEM (18's) wheels the winter wheels and get new wheels (19's perhaps).

I'm looking forward to wheel brand and model recommendations, too.

VMR and Hartmann wheels seems to have good reputation at lower price points...on the higher end (which is money well spent IMO), BBS, HRE, Rotiform (forged) are all well regarded..I just ordered some custom forged wheels from CCW which came out to be just a bit more than the cast BBS ones I was about to get (CH-Rs)

High end wheels are, of course, are preferred. But there are some other concerns that were not addressed in the first post-- in attempt to keep the topic simple.

My other car gets to enjoy 3pc forged German wheels, while this one waits it's turn.

For the time being it's going to be cheap wheels, as a stop-gap measure.
    Cheers, G2/Gary
    C5-RS6/KWV3/Revo/H20 Inj./Custom BBK/Custom cooling/CNC arms \ VW Touareg V10 \ B7A4 2.0T Avant \ Mk1 Callaway Scirocco \ audirs6parts@gmail.com / www.oilpro.myamsoil.com

I've been trying some wheel and tire options since then. The wheels are 19x9.5" 41ET. Supposedly a "slam dunk" fit per my tire store and TSW, however that's not the case. They won't allow spacers to be installed at their store or service the tires for balancing later, unless brought to them off the car.

I bought 8mm Eibach spacers, but even the 265/35-19 and 275/30-19 tires don't clear the suspension upright/hub carrier. The "nub" has been removed, but is not the point of contact. It will take at least 10mm (still might rub even with 265/35-19) or 15mm spacers to clear. This will put the outter edge of the wheel near or past the fender lip.

Anyone have rubbing issues with the fender lip? Any issues with vibration if using hub-centric spacers?

I
    Cheers, G2/Gary

Quote Originally Posted by G2 View Post
    I've been trying some wheel and tire options since then. The wheels are 19x9.5" 41ET. Supposedly a "slam dunk" fit per my tire store and TSW, however that's not the case. They won't allow spacers to be installed at their store or service the tires for balancing later, unless brought to them off the car.

I bought 8mm Eibach spacers, but even the 265/35-19 and 275/30-19 tires don't clear the suspension upright/hub carrier. The "nub" has been removed, but is not the point of contact. It will take at least 10mm (still might rub even with 265/35-19) or 15mm spacers to clear. This will put the outter edge of the wheel near or past the fender lip.

Anyone have rubbing issues with the fender lip? Any issues with vibration if using hub-centric spacers?

I
    mate here is my ride, thought i may chime in

19x9.5 ET 30 , the way my suspension (ride height) is set nothing else will fit (i run NO spacers i will never personal thing) the rear could not take 1 more mm 255/35/19 (wheels well under 1k each) PM me for details if you liek custom stuff)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0043.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	102.3 KB 
ID:	12908Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0049.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	103.7 KB 
ID:	12909
    2004 RS6
    APR, KW, REMUS

Quote Originally Posted by G2 View Post
    High end wheels are, of course, are preferred. But there are some other concerns that were not addressed in the first post-- in attempt to keep the topic simple.

My other car gets to enjoy 3pc forged German wheels, while this one waits it's turn.

For the time being it's going to be cheap wheels, as a stop-gap measure.

What are you going to be doing with your stock rims? I might be interested in those, depending on what kind of shape they're in.

-bill

The new look

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Audi, TSW, Close.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	77.2 KB 
ID:	12949Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RS6 with TSW, driveway.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	12950
    Cheers, G2/Gary

I could never understand why anyone would want to buy cheap wheels for this type of expensive car.
    You should look into using 89 octane, since that is cheaper too.
    $1K for a set of wheels? Maybe used and in bad shape. Stick with stock and you'll be happier.

Quote Originally Posted by nene View Post
    I could never understand why anyone would want to buy cheap wheels for this type of expensive car.
    You should look into using 89 octane, since that is cheaper too.
    $1K for a set of wheels? Maybe used and in bad shape. Stick with stock and you'll be happier.
    agree...
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement

You have to keep your eyes open and be aggressive. I just stumbled on some 19x9.5, ET29, Volk VR G2's with 275-30-19's. Wheels are very subjective and not everyone likes every wheel and color, but I love these wheels and I also love the way they look on my car, and I saved 10lbs per corner from the stock RS6 wheels and stock size tires. RS4 wheels do fit perfectly on our cars, and these wheels were bought for a RS4. Perfect fit and no rubbing.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RS6 with Volk VR G2 - 2.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	12953Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RS6 with Volk VR G2.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	12954
    2013 Audi S8