Thread: Solar Sun Roof ventilation broke

Solar Sun Roof ventilation broke

I know some people make this a mod or pay to have this done, but my solar sun roof no longer seems to run the ventilation. It worked about a week ago, but then I had the AC compressor replaced and now it doesn't work.

Any pointers on where to look? Is there a vagcom channel or something I can check?

Think the AC repair could have caused this or the tech could have missed a connection or something?

Thanks!

I bet the connection from the solar roof got disconnected..
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Where might this connection be?

I don't have my ETKA computer hooked up since I re-located 1300 miles... I am sure that someone will have a diagram to post...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Anyone know where the plug might be?

Is there a vagcom channel that would show the voltage from the sunroof?

Anyone know where a plug or something I can put a multimeter on is?

I took my car to Audi today and paid them $95 for diagnostics. They indicated the panel was bad. I had a hard time believing that, so I did a bunch more reading and found how to get to the panel plugs by sliding the cover back. I unplugged those and measured the voltage and it was 5.44 volts even in my garage. So I think it would be fine in bright light and prove the panel isn't bad. I'm going back tomorrow to get my money back if I can.

I cleaned the contacts for the panel and on the car. They were fairly dirty. I'm hoping that will get it working again. If it doesn't, where can I check down the line for voltage?

Thanks

let me know if you sort it out...i have the same problem, mine doesn't work and i bought it like this, however it doesn't really bother me as i don't think it can be much of a difference when outside is 120F, i keep it anyway parked underground, but it would be great to have everything working , it doesn't show up on Vagcom as a fault...
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

The panel produces 13.6 volts in bright sun. It seems like the connection is broken somewhere, the light sensor that controls it isn't working or is obscured, or the relay is bad. I don't know where that light sensor is. Does someone know or can point me to a resource to find it?

Would a Bentley manual have this wiring diagram and locations in it?