Thread: does cheap clone always mean cheap clone?

does cheap clone always mean cheap clone?

ok i'm ready to do RNS-E upgrade. and as i was shopping around i found this on the 'bay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330734036122...S:1123&vxp=mtr

the kit includes everything needed. i asked about it and this is the reply i got:

"Its a realy good clone, our factory makes parts for AUDI in China and therefore they can make the unit as close to OEM spec."

so my question is has anyone bought one of these? if so how does it work? and would i be better off spending more for the Zawa unit?
    C5 RS6 - Daytona Grey/Silver, Carbon Fiber, RNS-E, O.CT ECU/TCU--sold :(
    DD: 02 G500 - 35" Nitto Trail Graplers, baja roof rack, 52" LED light bar
    Business Car: Gulf liveried 01 996TT w/ Tial Alpha A28 turbos + supporting mods - 700hp

I had good luck with one in my leased gti. Its had some minor issues but nothing major. That said thou, I considered one but decided not to put it in the rs6.
    -Greg
    2003 RS6

"Don't go cheap on me, Dodgson"

Zawa's RNS-E

/Thread

SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Hardware-wise it's probably pretty decent and will probably look very similar to the OEM unit. However, I can almost guarantee that the software and UI is complete garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdave View Post
    Hardware-wise it's probably pretty decent and will probably look very similar to the OEM unit. However, I can almost guarantee that the software and UI is complete garbage.
    Not sure how these are but the one I had did have a functional but wonky interface. It was just ok. The GPS was actually iGo and that was pretty good.
    -Greg
    2003 RS6

Please, get the real deal from Adam aka 'zawa' .
    SOLD ! 2003 RS6 Mugello/Silver -MTM
    2001 allroad 6-speed (300K+), 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E, 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63, 2010 BMW X3, 1986 16V Scirocco, 2005 Mercedes E55 Wagon

I cannot say enough good things about Adam (Zawa). The RNS-e he sent me is flawless and I wish I had done it earlier.

He is the best source for a really great upgrade for your beast.

Shea

Hey Guys

Thank you for positive feedback. Yes cheap clone will always be cheap clone. Poor interface, lack of full compatibility, soft glitches will drive you crazy with time.

For a reason these show up for sale on A-zine for cheap as buyers quickly realize the mistake they made.
    If it’s too good to be truth, it is.

It’s like getting super sports sedan (RS6) and putting on no name tires made in China. Car will ride for sure but on every corner you would have to listen closely if something is about to blow. It will work, but how and for how long that is different question.
    Does RS6 or Audi in general deserves real OEM unit...current owners please speak out :-)

Than kall you for great feedback and support.

zawa

PS. Jimmy...I have something for you ;-) email me please
    Last edited by zawa; July 18th, 2012 at 02:47.

I bought one and ended up selling it before I even tried installing it because my wife renewed XM. The buyer had a ton of issues with it, from install to software.

Run far away.

Zawa is great to deal with if you want OEM.

Or, get an appradio2 if you have an iPhone or android device.

2003 RS6 - Red/CF/SE Apikol Intercoolers, Conti ECDWS, Coming soon: Eurocharge tune and MTM TCU.

Quote Originally Posted by zawa View Post
    Hey Guys

Thank you for positive feedback. Yes cheap clone will always be cheap clone. Poor interface, lack of full compatibility, soft glitches will drive you crazy with time.

For a reason these show up for sale on A-zine for cheap as buyers quickly realize the mistake they made.
    If it’s too good to be truth, it is.

It’s like getting super sports sedan (RS6) and putting on no name tires made in China. Car will ride for sure but on every corner you would have to listen closely if something is about to blow. It will work, but how and for how long that is different question.
    Does RS6 or Audi in general deserves real OEM unit...current owners please speak out :-)

Than kall you for great feedback and support.

zawa

PS. Jimmy...I have something for you ;-) email me please
    uh oh.... mine are made in Korea....
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
    I bought one and ended up selling it before I even tried installing it because my wife renewed XM. The buyer had a ton of issues with it, from install to software.

Run far away.

Zawa is great to deal with if you want OEM.

Or, get an appradio2 if you have an iPhone or android device.

Whatever that is, the install just looks bad....yikes!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Got it ordered from Zawa!
    C5 RS6 - Daytona Grey/Silver, Carbon Fiber, RNS-E, O.CT ECU/TCU--sold :(
    DD: 02 G500 - 35" Nitto Trail Graplers, baja roof rack, 52" LED light bar
    Business Car: Gulf liveried 01 996TT w/ Tial Alpha A28 turbos + supporting mods - 700hp

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Whatever that is, the install just looks bad....yikes!
    It was in and out while I was diagnosing an issue with the pre-outs on the head unit if you are referring to the fascia. I ended up returning it and switching to a Kenwood DNX6990HD.

The install is clean and the head unit is awesome.
    2003 RS6 - Red/CF/SE Apikol Intercoolers, Conti ECDWS, Coming soon: Eurocharge tune and MTM TCU.