Thread: some code help please

some code help please

Hi my car thru a fault code , not long after i had a new APR map installed , would one of you know if this is a wiring issue to the MAF, or perhaps a Faulty MAF, or other

i would love some help many thanks

johnny

Address 01: Engine Labels: 077-907-558-BCY.lbl>>

Part No: 4D1 907 558 B>>

Component: 4.2lV8/5VT G 0002 >>

Coding: 0005752>>

Shop #: WSC 02195 78500200>>

VCID: 2D5B71EDB70A1F1>>

>>

1 Fault Found:>>

17481 - Mass Air Flow Sensor 2(G246) >>

P1073- 002 - Signal too Low>>

Readiness: 0110 0001>>

>>
    2004 RS6
    APR, KW, REMUS

Could be either or none. Swap them (MAF) left to right and see if the code stays or goes to the other one (G70 I believe).

Quote Originally Posted by 905084 View Post
    Could be either or none. Swap them (MAF) left to right and see if the code stays or goes to the other one (G70 I believe).
    thanks mate
    2004 RS6
    APR, KW, REMUS

Do you have a mechanic or doing it yourself? Either way, take the MAF's off the carbon intake to make your life easier and run it that way.

Yea, I believe the G70 is the left and the G246 is the right MAF sensor.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Do you have a mechanic or doing it yourself? Either way, take the MAF's off the carbon intake to make your life easier and run it that way.

its at a work shop has been there for 2 weeks now, i dont really have a good feeling about them...i asked them to swap over the MAF's and see if the code followed....i got this response

Unfortunately late last night’s and mid-morning diagnosticsnetted not good news. We still have a few faults being reported even thoughdevices have either been changed, swapped or disconnected. So John, no MAFsrequired from Audi at this stage.

>>

We have an auto electrician working on the car right nowtesting the wiring harness and ECU, so I will have a more detailed answer in anhour or so time…..

>>
    (me here) the car ran fine has done so for the past 8 years, have not had 1 fault code other than headlight self level (which was after we painted the car..headlights came out!..the car was perfect prior to my cat delete and Apr ecu upgrade?? i dorove it back to the work shop after having it home 1 day as iut ran like a bag of s,,t ..i took the airbox off the passenger maf connector was broken inside, i unplugged both MAfs drove it to the work shop and it was fine then too.idled nice etc...any suggestions..could the issue be in the software update from APR?? or have the fried the ECU somehow....open to thoughts

thanks johnny
    2004 RS6
    APR, KW, REMUS

Bad MAF wiring from what I can tell....and the shop should have had that for an hour or twos worth of work.

Bad MAF wiring from what I can tell....and the shop should have had that for an hour or twos worth of work.
    perhaps when the put the new plugs on? anyhow at this point 6hrs labor at $110 and hr and counting....i want to take the car but dont know who else to give it too, being so rare here no one seems to know them well..
    2004 RS6
    APR, KW, REMUS

Not plugs at all. Do you have a code checker? and basic mechanical ability? I hate to see people pay someone else to learn an RS. $660 and they have no clue?

Not plugs at all. Do you have a code checker? and basic mechanical ability? I hate to see people pay someone else to learn an RS. $660 and they have no clue?
    sorry not spark plugs they wired in new MAF connectors as they broke the passenger side MAf connector (they were $10 bucks from audi) the plastic connector that the pins go into.

i have a friend that always tuned my evo , the build race cars he has no specific Audi diagnostic tool though, but he said he would help me with it.(they have a maineline dyno etc).i have mech ability of a potato ..i can change Maf's air filters oil, but not wiring , thanks mate
    2004 RS6
    APR, KW, REMUS

Have your friend that tuned your Evo help. I would guess he has good diagnostic ability. Logical thinking is not restricted to knowing the RS, you just have to learn the car a bit and the logic will flow. G70 is the right MAF, I believe and G246 is the left (as you are sitting in the car). Dear god I don't want to confuse passenger and driver sides as I think many/most of these live on the left side of the road Get cable from eBay for $1 and download VCDS Lite and it will help immensely.

ok so sitting in the car it was the LHS maf that had the broken (connector) i think i will just go get her, worst case i can drive to my mates workshop with maf's unplugged again! thanks my friend
    2004 RS6
    APR, KW, REMUS

That is G246. 4 wires to the MAF, the signal is shielded and if it is shorted that could be it. Still recommend swapping left to right MAF's to make sure it is the wiring and not the MAF. Good luck!

work shop just called !!! siad yes it was a worn end of the LOOM you know where it bends back on itselft to sort of clear the airbox, they have repaired the wiring , test drove the car..he said its ballistic (and he has a s/c S5 ) so thats good news, no extra $ charge too..he is going to test the car when it cools down again to make sure no more codes..so i am somewhat relieved

fingers crossed my phone doesn't ring in the next 2 hrs....thanks so much for all the advice too!! johnny
    2004 RS6
    APR, KW, REMUS

Sounds to me like they likely wired in the new connector wrong and just cought it now. It's easy to make the mistake when replacing a connector.
    www.jsmotorcar.com

Quote Originally Posted by Justin9212 View Post
    Sounds to me like they likely wired in the new connector wrong and just cought it now. It's easy to make the mistake when replacing a connector.
    car is going epic and beautiful and stonking hard!!, broken corrector fixed and small repair made to loom on passenger MAF (at that silly bendy spot) a wire had frey'd)
    2004 RS6
    APR, KW, REMUS

Sweet as mate, I hear ya, glad it got sorted!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com