Thread: Red RS6 crash in Tampa Area last night

Red RS6 crash in Tampa Area last night

Guys I was at the dealer this morning looking at an RS6 they just bought and this story came on the TV. A red RS6 in tampa hit a pole last night. Not sure if we know the driver but I hope everything is ok. The car looks pretty bad.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/new...-during-rescue
    RS6 2003 Mugello , silver, carbon, Revo, KW3s, Hotchkis sway bars, Custom exhaust, Hawk HPS pads, RNS-E, Bluetooth, 19" BBS CH(Black)

Damn, thanks for the info...good reason to play it safe...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

possible DUI? hope the guy is ok. accidents aren't fun - I had a major off on my Ducati Sunday night; I hit a patch of mud on an off ramp. The bike slid in grass and after picking out all the sod, isn't even scratched. Lucky me, I hit the road at 60mph-ish, and broke several of my ribs. I'd be dead without the head to toe armor I always wear. But I'm sitting at home on painkillers that, well, feel pretty good :P

Convalescence sucks.
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

Quote Originally Posted by kismetcapitan View Post
    possible DUI? hope the guy is ok. accidents aren't fun - I had a major off on my Ducati Sunday night; I hit a patch of mud on an off ramp. The bike slid in grass and after picking out all the sod, isn't even scratched. Lucky me, I hit the road at 60mph-ish, and broke several of my ribs. I'd be dead without the head to toe armor I always wear. But I'm sitting at home on painkillers that, well, feel pretty good :P

Convalescence sucks.
    Good thing! I swear by my Dianese Full suit, carbon knuckled gloves or the deerskin ones, and boots and full face helmet (Arai Reed RX7-RR)
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

I was literally in Tampa last night on the way home with my new baby! But I was through there around 7pm and made it out safely!

Bmwade sorry I missed your posts about buying an rs6. Reeves in Tampa just bought one back 55k or so miles nice one with some mtm work. Where are you in fla? We are rs6 rich in Tampa. I hope the driver is ok. The aftermath doesn't look good.
    RS6 2003 Mugello , silver, carbon, Revo, KW3s, Hotchkis sway bars, Custom exhaust, Hawk HPS pads, RNS-E, Bluetooth, 19" BBS CH(Black)

Good news this says non life threatening injuries. http://www.hcso.tampa.fl.us/About-HC...ly/12-255.aspx young guy 21

I thought it looked like a A4 in the grainy pic. The lack of Licence plate surround sent alarm bells off in my head!

It is a Ultrasport B6 A4, that's why it has the RS6 wheels. NOT A RS6

Last edited by marklar182; July 11th, 2012 at 15:15.
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement

Quote Originally Posted by stubro View Post
    Bmwade sorry I missed your posts about buying an rs6. Reeves in Tampa just bought one back 55k or so miles nice one with some mtm work. Where are you in fla? We are rs6 rich in Tampa. I hope the driver is ok. The aftermath doesn't look good.
    I'm quite happy with my decision! She is a blast to drive! and I can put some miles on her and still have a low mileage car! I'm in the Destin area. But I'm hoping to get her out to some ACFL events and definitely planning on getting her to the Carribelle speed festival in October!

marklar182 wow good spot even the dealer thought it was an RS.

Quote Originally Posted by bmwade View Post
    I'm quite happy with my decision! She is a blast to drive! and I can put some miles on her and still have a low mileage car! I'm in the Destin area. But I'm hoping to get her out to some ACFL events and definitely planning on getting her to the Carribelle speed festival in October!
    Cool my RS6 broke down in Destin, well Niceville, not long after I got her alternator problem (posted here in the archives). Welcome to the family! I am getting the details from the dealer, actually helping them figure out price etc. You will love this car but get an extended warranty. Hope to see you at an ACFL event.