Thread: definitive tire, wheel, and offset thread

Hybrid View

Looking for info as to whether these TTRS/S5/S6 rims will fit my RS6. Any thoughts? Thx!

https://www.hubcaphaven.com/p/16263/...yb54#frame-one
    2003 Avus RS6 01E, nubcake, Hotchkis
    2003 Daytona RS6 01E, nubcake, Hotchkis, rear ended at 50mph, totaled, RIP
    1991 Acura NSX, supercharged, 425rwhp, recently sold

Quote Originally Posted by boca rat View Post
    Looking for info as to whether these TTRS/S5/S6 rims will fit my RS6. Any thoughts? Thx!

https://www.hubcaphaven.com/p/16263/...yb54#frame-one
    You'll have a few fit issues with either of your posted options to consider...
    First is an adapter for the center bore, not an issue as you can get them, but an added expense to a wheel setup.
    Second is you'll most likely need to go to cone seat lugs...most aftermarkets are cones and OEM is ball, so $$ for lugs
    Third is offset, I'd go as close to OEM as possible (29)...one of the wheels that you posted are 45's, that's a pretty fat spacer and long extended lug bolt...
    For me, I'd never run a spacer on the RS6...heavy, powerful car and heavy OEM tire spec (XL load rating) which is hard on bearings

If you really like the Rotor style wheels, find an OEM set...I'm pretty sure there are some versions with the proper offset (about 30), the'll be stronger, better finish, and have the ball seat lugs (without the need for spacers or extended lugs). Only issue would be a center bore adapter which would be the least of all evils above to consider.

Hope this helps...not an expert, just my $.02 since you asked...