A few questions have come up with the searching and reading I have done:
1. I have done a LOT of reading and it seems as though staying away from the chip and launches from a stop will generally keep you out of trans/TC trouble. Is my assumption about being boring correct?
2. I have read mixed opinions on this but it seems that the TC is the weakest link between the trans and TC. When the TC fails it does however make the trans fail which leads me to #3
3. Is replacing the TC a good "preventative maintenance" item? Seems the most expensive part of this is the labor. Doing it yourself could save on this cost but its time intensive.
4. Are Level 10, 517 Trans and ACE (for TC's) the gold standards for transmission and TC's for RS6's?
5. Since we are asking questions I cant seem to find a foremost authority (as pertained to shops) for RS6's. I assume this is due to supply/demand. Is there anyone that is considered a specialist and is a good resource for parts (at a good price) and knowledge?
Hopefully this thread will result in some good information that we can add to the FAQ section.