Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RS6 - stage 2 and higher

Quote Originally Posted by TozoM8 View Post
    The RS6 TC is 1.5" larger than n/a 4.2 and it is a dual clutch converter. It will hold more power than the trans can take.
    Mine didn't. The new one from ACE is though.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

The plugs he calls the RS2, Bosch F5DPOR are the same plugs that the 1992-1995 UrS4 & UrS6 came with here in N.America. I know in those cars there was no other plug that seemed to work as well, back in the day they were the first plug that I spent over $15 for. I haven't heard of people dropping them in the 4.2 but I've got a set I'm dropping in my 1.8t tt.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by leprs6 View Post
    My boss just beat me in his 2007 BMW 335i chipped. I dont want that to happen anymore.
    You might want to try "My RS has no boost" if you were beat by more than a car length. Best I can tell is stock 335i is 0-60 5.5 (a little bit slower than my blown Vic) and a chipped one is 4.8.....RS should be right there.

If you weren't close, you aren't making boost. I've had it happen with mine. Sometimes she is there, sometimes not. 5150

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    The plugs he calls the RS2, Bosch F5DPOR are the same plugs that the 1992-1995 UrS4 & UrS6 came with here in N.America. I know in those cars there was no other plug that seemed to work as well, back in the day they were the first plug that I spent over $15 for. I haven't heard of people dropping them in the 4.2 but I've got a set I'm dropping in my 1.8t tt.
    Soooo, are these plugs better than NGK?
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Excuse me buting into this thread. I just found this intersting. I AM NOT RICH but just bought an RS6 with 88K miles. Seems to be in great shape with no noticble problems. I checked it out based on some DIY from this forum (THANKS). I would like to go to the next stage, but I cant get a clear idea of where to go and what I am going to spend. I want a little more poop and and tranny flash. Where and How much. My boss just beat me in his 2007 BMW 335i chipped. I dont want that to happen anymore.
    Hmmmm, I call driver error, or your new ride may not be putting out the right power..sorry my brother has a chipped 335 as well...before my rs6 died last september, I would repeatedly flog him.....from a standing start, or from anywhere after that..

Good luck, lots of great tunes out there.

Stephen

Thanks for all the ideas. He had me by a car length out of the hole and it definately had to do with my poor driving. I had the car for about an hour and 5 miles. After reading all the posts on here I see that the power band is about 2-5 K and I will work on my driving habits. He is chipped and I will get him next time, after a tune. I just need to find a good nearby shop that can do one at a reasonable cost.

So much to know about this car. If it makes 450 you will know, if the boost is down and it is making 375 you will know. Wife brought mine home and I drove it and went...."Meh, this is all there is?" Turns out one MAF was bad costing me about 100hp. When mine (Sportec chipped) is running right and making 505.....holy s#!t hang on and I love it. So get it running right first, then move to chipping, stage 2/3/4 etc. Have a blast with your ride!

Excuse me buting into this thread. I just found this intersting. I AM NOT RICH but just bought an RS6 with 88K miles. Seems to be in great shape with no noticble problems. I checked it out based on some DIY from this forum (THANKS). I would like to go to the next stage, but I cant get a clear idea of where to go and what I am going to spend. I want a little more poop and and tranny flash. Where and How much. My boss just beat me in his 2007 BMW 335i chipped. I dont want that to happen anymore.
    Add Rain...

Edit: Also heat soak will rob you of power so don't be a fool and rev your engine... also search for rat-foot-duck technic...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by 905084 View Post
    You might want to try "My RS has no boost" if you were beat by more than a car length. Best I can tell is stock 335i is 0-60 5.5 (a little bit slower than my blown Vic) and a chipped one is 4.8.....RS should be right there.

If you weren't close, you aren't making boost. I've had it happen with mine. Sometimes she is there, sometimes not. 5150
    How did you fix that then, did something need replacing/renewing?
    Current: V10 RS 6 Saloon, 420mm Ceramics, MRC, Milltek, MTM bits, Audi exclusive bits - 757BHP/967NM
    Past: V8 RS 6 plus, Sprint Blue, 126 of 999

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    Add Rain...
    +1 LMAO......or 6 inches of slush!

Quote Originally Posted by 905084 View Post
    So much to know about this car. If it makes 450 you will know, if the boost is down and it is making 375 you will know. Wife brought mine home and I drove it and went...."Meh, this is all there is?" Turns out one MAF was bad costing me about 100hp. When mine (Sportec chipped) is running right and making 505.....holy s#!t hang on and I love it. So get it running right first, then move to chipping, stage 2/3/4 etc. Have a blast with your ride!
    how did you know the MAF was bad - VAGCOM scan?
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

Had a MAF implausible code along with sometimes a bank 1/2 lean code. Only had a handheld scanner so went through a lot of things I didn't need to do looking for a leak (redo the I/C's, vacuum leaks, etc) Finally got VCDS lite from VagCom and a 99cent USB-ODBII from eBay. Spent 4 hours getting the laptop to talk to the car and was able to look at the flow values at idle. One was reading 4, the other was zero. Swapped to make sure it wasn't wiring. Replaced it for the time being with a MAF from an Audi TT and the car has been great ever since (most of the time).