Thread: Anyone on here live in Miami, FL?

Anyone on here live in Miami, FL?

I'm flying into Sanford airport and then driving down and spending a week or two in Miami next month. I want to take some Hotchkiss ARBs back to the UK with me, as they are the equivalent of $807 here in the UK! I'm sure I can take them out the box and shove them in my suitcase, I travel light and will be travelling with my company on a free flight so it should be okay. Anyway, the hotel through work were a bit funny about accepting a delivery on my behalf, would a local member be okay for me to ship to their address and then I collect from your place? I understand it is a strange request, but worth a try! I will of course grab you a drink/lunch in return.
    Current: V10 RS 6 Saloon, 420mm Ceramics, MRC, Milltek, MTM bits, Audi exclusive bits - 757BHP/967NM
    Past: V8 RS 6 plus, Sprint Blue, 126 of 999

I think you can ship to a UPS shipping center, or FedEx, then just pick it up in person...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

That sounds perfect, let me Google that now. Thanks.
    Current: V10 RS 6 Saloon, 420mm Ceramics, MRC, Milltek, MTM bits, Audi exclusive bits - 757BHP/967NM

I had to Google it too, here ya go, have a good trip! We were down in South Beach a few months back, fun and $$...

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/shi...ld_pickup.html
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Thanks, lswing. Any must do things whilst in Miami? I will be staying in the South Beach area but will have my own hire car so can get about fairly easily. I go to Vegas and LA and New York every year, thought I would explore Miami for a change.

I always liked the Abbey. http://abbeybrewinginc.com/
    2003 Daytona/Silver RS6

The nearest UPS 'customer centre' is 45.7 miles from my hotel in South Beach. I cannot have these ARBS delivered to my hotel. Is there any other solution guys? I really want to take them back with me. Thanks.

Try shipping Fed Ex Hold for Pick up

http://local.van.fedex.com/fl/south-beach/
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement

Quote Originally Posted by marklar182 View Post
    Try shipping Fed Ex Hold for Pick up

http://local.van.fedex.com/fl/south-beach/
    FedEx has a huge ad campaign on the golf channel about shipping your golf clubs directly to your vacation hotel. There's got to be a simple solution to your problem. http://emails.fedex.com/m/p/fdx/fxcu...ping/ship.html

When I used to travel for work I would ship stuff to myself at my destination hotel all the time. Most of the times I didn't even ask the hotel, I just addressed the package like this:

Holiday Inn
    ATTN: Firstname Lastname (Hotel Guest)
    1234 Main St
    Miami, FL 12345

The package would always be waiting for me in the back room when I checked in.

Thanks guys, I'm renting a condo and am afraid I will be too hungover or not around to sign for it! The Fedex drop and collect thing sounds like just what I need, I'll be ordering the Hotchkiss tomorrow and then taking them back to England with me, I work for the airline so have managed to pull some strings to allow the Hotchkiss through
    I am looking forward to getting these fitted, wanted them for ages.

Ordered. Now my next question, will the box fit in a Mustang convertible? Or do I need to change my rental car?
    The things we do for our babies, eh?

Don't know the size of what you bought, but I had a Mustang as rental and they are small inside...
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Thanks, Erik. Yep, Mustang was too small. Got myself a Passat, fit fine in the back seats. Now to get these babies from Miami to England and fitted on my plus ASAP!

Thanks for all your help guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Amar View Post
    Now to get these babies from Miami to England and fitted on my plus ASAP!
    Good luck with that. Last I heard you need a passport to enter the UK.

Yep, hit a minor snag and lost my passport. Check in opens in five and a half hours, I'll let you guys know if I manage to make it on the flight.

Have you still not found it? Muppet!

If you can get them to let you on the plane, you *might* make it through passport control in the UK if you've got your UK driving license. Trick is getting them to let you on the plane... But since it's your plane (in a manner of speaking) then that might be an option.