Thread: My S6 is feeling a little sluggish these days...

My S6 is feeling a little sluggish these days...

...it must be the "new" car that I'm comparing it to. The new car is on the right.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7477..jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	108.5 KB 
ID:	12707

I've had my S6 for the past 9 years and there's over 185,000 km on it now. I absolutely love the car but I figured it was time to get something else. I just imported the RS6 from the US. It has only 69,000 km on it. The exterior is in beautiful condition. The interior is a little rougher. I've got some things to do to get it back to a condition that it deserves.

First things first though. I've got to replace the suspension. Right now it wallows in the bumps and it feels like a chair that has one leg slightly shorter than the rest. It seems to teeter. Definitely not as good as my well loved S6 with it's original OEM suspension. I'm going to replace the suspension in the RS6 with Konis as per 4.2crew's recent forum posting.

Next is to replace the brakes. The rotors are in a sad shape. I sure appreciate all the info going around on the forums.

A few issues with the interior. I've already fixed the broken glove box and a few other issues, but the rear driver's window doesn't open, and there's a rattle when the sunroof is open. There is a plastic carriage that secures the bottom of the aluminum wind deflector at the rear of the sunroof. The plastic is broken. Anyone know how to remove the sunroof? I'd also like to replace the instrument cluster to get one that has km/hr as the main dial. I have to squint to read them now.

While I was cleaning out the car I found the insurance papers from the original owner, the original window sticker, and all the owner's manual and assorted inserts.

More to come....

Congrats on the new whip ! Doesn't most every car feel sluggish next to an RS6? 8-)

I'm with you on the suspension....even though my DRC has been 'warrantied' a few years ago...I think it's time to ditch the 'experiment' and go conventional with the Koni's. It never really impressed me; which isn't to say the dealer that serviced it did it correctly.

Having the original windown sticker is nice...I wish I had mine.
    SOLD ! 2003 RS6 Mugello/Silver -MTM
    2001 allroad 6-speed (300K+), 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E, 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63, 2010 BMW X3, 1986 16V Scirocco, 2005 Mercedes E55 Wagon

Nice combo of cars! For a while I had a C4 sedan and C4 avant. Nice to be able to share some parts between them.

I'm curious to hear what people have to say about the sunroof problem -- I have the same issue.
    Bummer about the suspension. I am really happy with my (recall-fixed) DRC and hope it lasts. The car often surprises me with its oddly flat composure when cornering.

welcome a board! where are you from?
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

Congrats! You'll like that most of the C5 knowledge transfers easily.

Thanks guys. I'm actually going to have to sell the RS6. It's a love/hate relationship. The car was great at one point. Unfortunately, the previous owner smoked in it. I have a real strong allergy to cigarette smoke. Since I was buying the car sight unseen and was importing it into Canada, I hired a local inspector to check it out. He stated that it had been smoked in, but he couldn't smell it. Knowing my allergies, I should've walked away and waited for another RS6. My mistake! I got it into Canada and as soon as I opened the door, I knew it was going to be an issue. I had it shampooed and completely detailed but I could still smell it. I replaced the cabin filter with a new charcoal filter. I had the car "ozoned" by a professional and it was better, but still not good for me. Others have been in the car and they can't even smell it, but for me, I can only last about 10 minutes (and that's with all the windows open). After 10 minutes, my eyes are sore and my throat has closed up. It takes me an entire day to recover from that 10 minute drive. My friends say that I'm the canary in the coal mine. Personally I think anyone who smokes in a car should be beaten with a large stick.

So I'm on the lookout for another RS6. My specs are, low mileage <40,000 miles, dark grey or Mugello blue, black leather and NON-SMOKED. Anyone looking for a low mileage, Dark Grey RS6 that's imported into Canada?