Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Where do I buy Phaeton backing plates and ducts?

Installed mine yesterday, bit of dissapointment with the fitment..

From the pictures that I remember seeing on an Audiworld tech article website, there was a lot less metal removed to clear the bottom of the "upright". TellClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Phaeton brake ducts 002.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	70.0 KB 
ID:	12893 me what you think. (and check your fitment as well)

Here's the pic that I was talking about. Maybe I'm being a bit too anal, but this is how I would have done it as well...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Phaeton brake ducts.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	62.3 KB 
ID:	12894

^ good lord! I guess so! I have yet to inspect mine, but I would hope they could be a lil tighter than that!
    03 RS6 Daytona Grey - EFI Express - 01e - SRM K24 - Aquamist - 495whp/580ft-lbs

Quote Originally Posted by wpod View Post
    Here's the pic that I was talking about. Maybe I'm being a bit too anal, but this is how I would have done it as well...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Phaeton brake ducts.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	62.3 KB 
ID:	12894
    This is how mine is, as this is the part that takes the time to make it right and tight but not rubbing...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Maybe the original parts that I ordered 4 months ago will show up soon and they will have been done correctly ! I am the eternal optimist ? This batch that was shipped out on the 16th of this month was probably done/altered in great haste. Good commuinication would have prevented this. bummer.........
    2002 Audi S6, 2000 VW Passat , 1978 Porsche 911 SC, 1993 Alfa Romeo 164

This batch that was shipped out on the 16th of this month was probably done/altered in great haste. Good commuinication would have prevented this. bummer.........
    I totally agree... Given the circumstances leading to this point, anything less than near perfect fit, finish and fabrication will be a let down.
    2003 RS6 l SE Exhaust l Koni Yellow Sports w/stock springs l Lowered 1"F 1.25"R l EPL Tuned l 19 x 9.5 VMR V713 & 265 PSS's l 50% window tint l Protective film on entire hood, bumper and front quarter panels l

Question It's been a week since I got my Phaeton backing plates. Anyone else get their's yet?>

And if so, what is the fitment like? Curious to find out if anyone else got the crappy metal work like I did, or am I the only "lucky" one? Replies will be greatly appreciated. Thanx, Paul, Providence, RI
    2002 Audi S6, 2000 VW Passat , 1978 Porsche 911 SC, 1993 Alfa Romeo 164

And if so, what is the fitment like? Curious to find out if anyone else got the crappy metal work like I did, or am I the only "lucky" one? Replies will be greatly appreciated. Thanx, Paul, Providence, RI

I'm still waiting.... Haven't recieved'em yet.
    2003 RS6 l SE Exhaust l Koni Yellow Sports w/stock springs l Lowered 1"F 1.25"R l EPL Tuned l 19 x 9.5 VMR V713 & 265 PSS's l 50% window tint l Protective film on entire hood, bumper and front quarter panels l

Quote Originally Posted by 4.2Crew View Post
    I'm still waiting.... Haven't recieved'em yet.
    Me too.....
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Still waiting here too.
    Daytona/Ebony/Carbon/SEE/RNS-E/19X9 Speedline "Peelers"

Waiting here as well.
    03 RS6 :: 01 allroad

Same here, still waiting
    -Greg
    2003 RS6

a mess

This group buy has turned into a real mess.

For some reason I had a funny feeling and although I committed to buy early on, I never sent any money.

How many have got their kits and how many have not? And Grizz, can you give an update on your end (transparency is probably the best policy at this point).

What percentage of the cost of the kits is the backing plates? If they are all machined like wpod's, I'm sure some buyers will want to find replacements they can machine themselves.

If any get two packages (the original and replacement) I would be interested in buying the extra one from grizz and have it direct shipped to me... Anyone????

Has anyone heard from Martin/grizz? I have emailed him directly several times in the last 2 months but have not had a reply back.

Quote Originally Posted by alrightroad View Post
    Has anyone heard from Martin/grizz? I have emailed him directly several times in the last 2 months but have not had a reply back.
    He responded to an email of mine back in early Aug... Still have received nothing. I'm ok if he simply refunds my $200+ and sells'em to someone more patient.

Quote Originally Posted by 4.2Crew View Post
    He responded to an email of mine back in early Aug... Still have received nothing. I'm ok if he simply refunds my $200+ and sells'em to someone more patient.
    Same here; emails in early August... Which was necessary since I was moving mid August. That wasn't suppose to be an issue when I ordered them! He told me he would send them to the new address
    -Greg
    2003 RS6

I just got an email from Martin. He is on holiday for another week or so. FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by alrightroad View Post
    I just got an email from Martin. He is on holiday for another week or so. FML.
    ^^^fixed...

Sorry, couldn't resist
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared