Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am f^*cking done with EBC

Exclamation I am f^*cking done with EBC

Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Sucks....cracked pad=trashed rotor? Yikes!

By the way, thanks for the tuning help this week...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Wow, that's awful! Thank you for posting this as a warning for those of us who will be replacing our pads in the near future. Between your issues and Brav's, I'm not touching any EBCs with the proverbial 10-foot pole.
    2003 RS6, Mugello Blue/Ebony - SOLD :-(
    2015 S5 Coupe, Mythos Black w/Black Optics package and an attitude

Yikes- that is fugly! I'm a Hawk guy and they have been good to me thus far
    210K miles rolled

FYI, a few months ago I got this quote from raceshopper.com:

Street Use: 2003 AUDI RS6 4.2L Twin Turbo

(front) SP STREET PLUS BRAKE PADS $185.00/set (Includes Electronic Sensor)
    (rear) SP STREET PLUS BRAKE PADS $70.00/set

(front) HAWK HPS BRAKE PADS $219.00/set
    (rear) HAWK HPS BRAKE PADS $64.00/set

(front) HAWK CERAMIC BRAKE PADS $233.00/set
    (rear) HAWK CERAMIC BRAKE PADS $72.00/set

(front) PORTERFIELD R4S BRAKE PADS $320.00/set
    (rear) PORTERFIELD R4S BRAKE PADS $84.00/set

(front) HAWK HP PLUS BRAKE PADS $274.00/set
    (rear) HAWK HP PLUS BRAKE PADS $95.00/set

(front) FERODO DS2500 BRAKE PADS $178.00/set (4 Pad set (1 caliper) - Requires 2 sets per axle.)

I used both the DS2500s and Hawk HPS pads in 993tt calipers on my old S4. Both were solid but the DS2500s were remarkably good.

Yes.. I will go Hawk HPS next time, or Stoptec. If I ever tracked it, Ferrodo DS2500/3000 (I use them for my Noble). I don't know what the deal is with EBC - they overtemp VERY easily.

Were you at the track? looks impossible to achieve that heat on the street..
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

Brav, I thought you had stoptech's now?

Not at the track. Happened as I was bombing down the highway. Did a couple 90 to 60 braking instances. Next thing I know I get a terrible noise coming from the front left.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    Brav, I thought you had stoptech's now?

Not at the track. Happened as I was bombing down the highway. Did a couple 90 to 60 braking instances. Next thing I know I get a terrible noise coming from the front left.
    posi quiet
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..

Been running the hps for a few years, good all around, not a ton of grab, but solid. Might try the plus or ceramic one day, but I do love my quiet brakes...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

EBC just seems absurd to me; give me traditional 2-way LSDs any day! Or even the full lockup that I had on my '86 Turbo Quattro Coupe!

when I had my Konis installed, I made a point of personally inspecting each brake assembly and pads. Lots of meat left....for now.
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

I had the same problem w EBC.. 120 to 20 and smoking.. one stop. let alone warping rotors and the source of my huge vibration issue. i think the shuttering is what ruined all of my bushings etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Brav View Post
    I had the same problem w EBC.. 120 to 20 and smoking.. one stop. let alone warping rotors and the source of my huge vibration issue. i think the shuttering is what ruined all of my bushings etc.
    Matt @ RavenMS had mine smoking and totally discolored the front rotors with the uber braking "knocking off the glazing"
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

LOL, I'm confused by your post...you seem to be referencing EBC as the braking system, and as the pad company. You also have EBC reds...maybe its the time difference...

Quote Originally Posted by kismetcapitan View Post
    EBC just seems absurd to me; give me traditional 2-way LSDs any day! Or even the full lockup that I had on my '86 Turbo Quattro Coupe!

when I had my Konis installed, I made a point of personally inspecting each brake assembly and pads. Lots of meat left....for now.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Yikes... Doesn't give me a good feeling about the yellows I have in a box waiting
    -Greg
    2003 RS6

true. I'm pretty sleep deprived these days. I haven't really strained my brake system yet; when I start running track days I'll be switching out the pads before I hit the track.
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

Hawk HPS... Best pads for daily driving, no noise, no dust, end of story.

I don't know why you'd want any more "grab" for a street pad on a 4000lb cruiser.

I noticed on another thread you could get EBC reds and OEM rotors for all 4 corners for $1300. After reading this I was thinking about the HPS and OEM rotors. What is a good source for rotors?

Thanks
    Doug -Newbie

Genuineaudi.com tends to be solid...