Thread: Water/Meth Kit installed and running!

Water/Meth Kit installed and running!

Finally got it connected and set, feels smoother already. Did a nice custom box over the tank, pump, and small Optima battery. Guys added a window for the w/m level, and even a few nice LED's to light it up, although tough to see in the pics.

If you've seen my log posts the last few days, I'm running too much boost thanks to the previous owners shop, and won't log the w/m until I drop it down a few pounds. Will get the SPS Select tool and get that taken care of.

Running two D05's drilled into the y-pipe about midway up each side. Starts spray at 3 psi and gets to full by 12. Certainly smoother already, but I don't really want to flog the car in 3rd gear pulls until the boost is better.

Thanks for all the input, this forum is excellent!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo..jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	12551Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo(1)..jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	12552
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Totaled up the cost, $1,200 for kit, install, custom work. Well worth it! Improved throttle response and feel through the power band, would highly recommend!!!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

What system did you end up going with, Snow or Devils' Own?
    03 RS6 Daytona Grey - EFI Express - 01e - SRM K24 - Aquamist - 495whp/580ft-lbs

Quote Originally Posted by mdegracia View Post
    What system did you end up going with, Snow or Devils' Own?
    Check my sig DO seems good, plenty to mess around with, but seems like a good system, pump looks strong...

what blend are you injecting? I've read a lot of debates over what to inject. For pure knock reduction, nothing reduces cylinder heat like water. With alcohols, it gets more complex as there's a fuel value and stoich for methanol, for example, is 6:1. Because a boosted engine always injects rich under boost, all available oxygen is being used anyways. I can't remember exactly, but I think the use of alcohol in water injection blends is to act as an antifreeze - the technology was developed in WWII and hasn't changed since, other than the addition of optional variable spray maps controlled by a standalone ECU.

if only nitromethane was cheap...
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

Injecting DO's mix, it's 49 meth, 51 water, nice and clean....hoping to add the fuel for the lean condition, and water to cool....still lots of logging to be done....any input is great!