Thread: Lamborghini Urus premiere in Beijing

Banned

Post Lamborghini Urus premiere in Beijing

Just thought I'd share this teaser video I randomly bumped into today. Seems our friends at Lambo have something new and exciting to share with us in a couple days.

Ok some quick googling came up with this:
    http://www.autoblog.com/2012/04/19/l...ficial-invite/
    Last edited by xotic; April 20th, 2012 at 20:32.

It just looks like a lifted Aventador, FAIL. It should look more like the previous Lambo 4x4...leaving dissapointed.

Yes its a fail, the only small hope is that it will pack around 600hp. I don't know why Lamborghini opted for this instead of the Estoque. I think they should only stick to proper sports cars but if they want to enter new markets then a Panamera rival would be better. A SUV is just not something I want to see Lamborghini build.

What's the interior seats all about? they look like giant paw prints lol.
    HKS786

Lamborghini sales projections for an SUV are higher than for a sedan. The interior is built with Lambo's new compacted carbon fiber technology which is why it looks like that. Same as on the Sesto Elemento interior.

Quote Originally Posted by HKS786 View Post
    Yes its a fail, the only small hope is that it will pack around 600hp. I don't know why Lamborghini opted for this instead of the Estoque. I think they should only stick to proper sports cars but if they want to enter new markets then a Panamera rival would be better. A SUV is just not something I want to see Lamborghini build.

What's the interior seats all about? they look like giant paw prints lol.

Don't get me wrong, perhaps I did not explain my self very well. A Lambo 4X4 like the ones from past decades have WIN! written all over them, they look badass, are italian and V12 powered...I mean, what's not to love about such a motor aberration...but this? this looks mean, but at the same time rather delicate and if it were to be put on the mud I'm afraid it would look worried about the mud in its precious tires and bodywork, this fails because it just looks delicate and fails because desing wise it far far far away from the brutus from the past.

A V12 lambo 4x4 is a badass idea, this is just poorly excecuted looks wise(IMHO)...then again, if the numbers say this will sell better than a rogue, brutus and hulk-ish looks desing I had in mind, then godspeed to Lambo.

Javier - you may have a point.

There might be a market for LM002 succesor now that Hummer is out of the game...

Urus to me looks like a RR Evoque competitor...and it shouldn't.

Although I also like the Estoque, why can't they make both? Does it have to be one or the other? Also, the design of this SUV is not that bad, not sure why it's such a "fail". As for sticking to proper sports cars, Enzo told Lamborghini to stick to tractors.
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan