Thread: First S6 review

First S6 review

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carrevi...5/audi_s6.html

Rating: 3/5

"its ability to carry speed through corners is remarkable, but you always feel its weight shifting around which doesn’t inspire confidence. Add in steering that lacks feel, whether in its light or weightier setting, and a spongy brake pedal, and it’s not a particularly rewarding car on country lanes."

"As a rapid, refined and luxurious way to travel, the S6 is undeniably impressive. The problem is that it’s not different enough to drive next to cheaper models in the range. If you have your heart set on a sporty S6, we’d dig a little deeper and wait untilr the RS6 arrives next year."

HKS786

Wouldn't really call this a proper review. Was hoping to hear more about that new V8. Anyway, should start to see more reviews coming through now. I want to see a comparison between this and the 550.
    HKS786

people expect these S models to be RS or M like- the name is misleading. they are nothing more than A models with a sport package and more powerful engines. they are not significantly dynamically better than their base model counterparts execpt in acceleration- a la C550 and E550. now the RS models on the other hand- a lot more can and should be expected of them. and i think that the next RS6 will have its work cut out for it. the new M5 seems to be a damned good car.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

FWIW Last week I emailed the head of Audi USA asking when we'd see the S7 & RS7. Here's his reply:

Probably Q4 this year for S7.
    RS7 is not yet on the horizon.

Regards

Johan de Nysschen
    President
    Audi of America, Inc
    2200 Ferdinand Porsche Dr
    Herndon VA 20171

HATE overboosted brakes.. wish they all could be like older Ferraris.
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."