Thread: Nice deal on S5 Sport Wheels/Tires

Nice deal on S5 Sport Wheels/Tires

Along with a few other choice maintainance items, tires are on my short list of needs for my RS 6. I've been looking for a deal on some OEM take offs with good rubber since my OEM wheels could use a refinish anyway.

Came across these on the 'bay, unfortunately local pickup only:

S5 Sport Wheels

Considering the tires will run pretty close to what his asking price is, the wheels are practically free, would just need a 66.5 to 57.1 adapter with a very small spacing (5mm would be perfect).

Anyway... thought I'd post this in case someone close to the guy is looking...

That is a great deal. I am putting the same set of wheels on my car (the Mich Super Sports go on today).

The best deal for the H&R adapter is through ECS at $250. This will adapt the 57.1 to 66.5, and add the 8mm to get to the stock et25. +$50 of longer lug bolts.

Wish this happened a month ago - and that the guy would ship.............
    Daytona/Ebony/Carbon/SEE/RNS-E/19X9 Speedline "Peelers"

No doubt... Thought about emailing him but he seems pretty set on not shipping, perhaps that's reflected in the low price. Hope someone on this board is able to snag them... They will look amazing on our cars. I'm looking forward to seeing pics of yours!!!

Interesting, for some reason I was thinking that stock offset was 30 on the 19's. Misread that somewhere I'm sure, so yes, that puts it at the perfect spot. By the time I look at finding a freight company that will pick up and transport, the deal gets less sweet of course. Something else will come along I'm sure.

How does the weight feel on these? On par with the OEM 18's?

The wheels seemed fairly light for a 19X9, although I really have no reference - these are the biggest wheels I have ever put on a car. I was in Achtuning yesterday, and they sure have a nice selection of Hartmann wheels. Saw the S4 design in a 22" (for Q7). Monster wheel. The Hartmann wheels seem to be excellent quality. The charcoal euromesh would look really nice on our cars.

I pick my car up in a couple of hours, I will post a picture.

Pretty much what I was hoping for.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RS6 poke NO..jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	12487   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RS6 front..jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	12488   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RS6 rear..jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	12489   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C6 RS6 19X9..jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	12490  

that is perfect with that color of car or the Mugello Blue, not 100% sure on the Avus...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Love it - I have the exact set up on my car w/PSS
    SOLD - 2003 RS6 Black on Black / SE / Solar / Carbon / APR ECU + TCU / Wagner Intercoolers / Fog light delete / RNS-E / LED tails / Clear Corners / Sportek Cooling / itg filters /

Gorgeous!

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    that is perfect with that color of car or the Mugello Blue, not 100% sure on the Avus...
    It really does look amazing... and now that I see them on an RS I have to agree, not sure on the Avus either. I'm thinking something with a little contrast may give the best look.
    I may have to continue the search. Or go with plan B, new shoes on the OEM 18's and have them refinished, $80 each.

NSU, thanks for posting the pics... your car looks fantastic!!!

Awesome looking !! Absolutely Love it, even though it sits a little high for me. If it sat a little lower it would look brutal. After seeing your car if I could pick those wheels I Probably would. Keep up the good work.
    03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.

Thanks guys for the positive notes. I knew outright I was going to take this to 19's, looked at many, and just like my 1994 UrS4, I settled on the factory standard upgrade, except for this car it is a model year upgrade. Bottom line for me - this is a really strong car, in every way, and this is a really strong looking wheel, very sporty but very detailed and classy when looked at twice. The spokes reminded me of a Trident, which probably vibed my Norwegian ancestry more than the latest fad in the "Hunger Games".

As for ride height - we will see when the DRC goes. I have always been a coilover guy, but 4.2 CREW's Koni swap has me intrigued. Especially since I have run Koni for the last twenty years on all of my cars - well, except for the Mk1 Scirocco which is H&R Coil/Autotech hollow sways.

Ride height becomes less (or more) of an issue when the local constabulatory keeps throwing up ever higher speed bumps. I swear my youngest daughter's high school student drop off is almost SUV only. Ridiculous.

So I have owned the car for less than three months, and when I bought it, I SWORE I would buy it and drive it for awhile with NO UPGRADING.

I think I have all I need for now.......

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Sawyer View Post
    It really does look amazing... and now that I see them on an RS I have to agree, not sure on the Avus either. I'm thinking something with a little contrast may give the best look.
    I may have to continue the search. Or go with plan B, new shoes on the OEM 18's and have them refinished, $80 each.

NSU, thanks for posting the pics... your car looks fantastic!!!
    With the Avus - the Hartmann Euromesh in graphite would look great - annnnnnnd......would not require cleaning every other day.

Forgestar CF10's

I'm not sure if my car fundage will recoup from the TC and 75k before my tires have to be replaced, but if it does these look like a nice lightweight option:

Forgestar CF10

I've attached a couple pics of the F14's in the titanium color, would look perfect on the Avus IMHO.

Since these are custom made, you specify the desired size. I'm thinking 19x9 in what... et29? What would be the best offset to specify running the stock 255 35 19 tire size with no issues rubbing but giving that perfect 'poke'?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Forgestar-F14-Tit&.jpeg 
Views:	162 
Size:	119.5 KB 
ID:	12507   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Forgestar-F14-Tit&.jpeg 
Views:	129 
Size:	143.7 KB 
ID:	12508  

NSU RS6, those wheels and tires look very good, setup is dead right. Maybe I'll catch sight of you sometime around town.
    2003 RS6, Mugello Blue, Wagner IC's, Hotchkis, MTM Bimoto 19", RNS-E

Another great deal on some S5 wheels/rubber, guess these are the previous generation design...

S5 Wheels + Tires

With et32, these might be good with no spacers and just hubcentric rings/adapters? Seems like a VERY good price.

Sent the seller a PM to see if he has access to any more!
    2003 RS6 - Red/CF/SE Apikol Intercoolers, Conti ECDWS, Coming soon: Eurocharge tune and MTM TCU.