Thread: WTB: stock, black interior.

WTB: stock, black interior.

Gents,

After doing some research, I'm certain that I want to purchase an RS6. I've started doing my reading, had a chat with my Audi mechanic, and have sorted out the options that I think I want.

What I know is:

A1. It must be Mechanically Stock.
    1. I want a black interior.
    2. There are cars with 65k on them that have been pampered so well and have an extended warantee that they are probably a better buy than a 40k car that will still need services done and don't have an extended warantee. (i know only 40k is rare at this point... just making a point)
    3. I'm ok with interior mods, like NAV, bluetooth, etc.

Which brings me to a couple questions.

I've never used the weird nav system that came in some. What's it like?
    Was there any manner of bluetooth available from the factory?

I'm all ears for any kind of information you guys can impart. I've read a lot around here and am continuing my search for info. I can't wait to have one of these beasts. It's about time I put my big boy pants on and get a car that'll be satisfying without modding the bejesus out of it.

TIA.
    -bill

The OEM RS6 text based Nav system STINKS!!!! And is WAAAAYYY off....
    *queue up a Geico MAYHEM commercial - "recalculating... turn now!!!"

Seriously, I did a test comparison between the OEM Text based Nav in Greg's car -> now Speedtrapped's Car -> now someone else's car?!?!
    I have a Garmin Nuvi 265wt and we were going from the end point of the Julian Run back to Temecula.
    We synched up the Car Nav - Check
    We synched the Nuvi up - Check

The Garmin was giving visual directions on a turn by turn and mile/mile basis.
    The OEM wasn't.

The KEY point was this:
    The Garmin gave notice to turn right on XXXX road in 1/4 mile, 200 yards, 100 yards, turn right now onto XXXX road...
    The OEM did nothing until we were already on XXXX road already for 200 yards and THEN it piped in, turn right on to XXXX road.

No Bluetooth except with the RNS-E headunit, you add it onto the system yourself.
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Good Luck on finding your car. MANY nice examples here for sale.
    2013 Audi S8

Hey PWM, let's update your location so others can help, cuz if you are in the UK and here asking to search for a US car, kinda defeats the purpose... Not to say that ONLY US RS6 are on RS6.com...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Ok guys, updated my location. I'm in LA, but willing to come pick up the right car if I need. Or come see it and ship it. Logistics to be determined later.

Thanks for the info about the NAV setup. sounds like I'll have to get myself an RNS-E later on.

Good info gents. Thank you, and if you know anyone selling, feel free to send an email or PM as heads up.

Much appreciated,
    -bill