Thread: Bye, Bye .....

Bye, Bye .....

So no pictures of the new buyer taking my beast yesterday...I am trying not to be sentimental. I was excited for the buyer, he will have a blast in the car. I was def sad to see her go......I did pick up my 996TT Saturday, and she put a wide smile on my face, and a cramp in my arse...the GT3 race seats, dont fit like a glove, more like hold my hips like a vice....but man, 3200lbs, 650hp at crank, 1.3bar is fassttt and I love have a 6mt again.

So thanks to all my friends here, not leaving the site as I stated in another post- I still have a complete RS6 engine and brand new rebuilt trans....as soon as V lease is up, last 12 months of lease I will likely do a franken build....unless someone buys the engine off me, lol.
    btw, Alan...the guy who sold me TT, has a beautiful B5 S4 Avant(RS4 body), with a completely built engine, huge turbos(640 at wheel)...its black, Euro Recaro interior, sick interior-audophile guy($$$kkk's on stereo, amps, speakers, monitors)...black/black, HRE's...its drool worthy.....and its 4 sale
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Sniff, sniff, ..... tear.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Hey tell me more about that 996TT, is it modified? I thought it had 450 hp from the factory with the factory upgrade of larger turbos....what else was done?

Mike

it is an 01', 3 rd owner. Seal Grey with fullbody techart(actually pic posted on the selling special sauce thread)...the engine was molested by protosport, NJ(protomotive dealer)...650HP k24/18's, bailey diverters, EVOM IC's, EVOM CAI, custom IC Hard piping, Greddy boost controller,1 bar springs,LWFW, stage 3 clutch and protomotive tune(1.3 bar). I can add a larger Y pipe and bigger TB, hitachi MAF, bigger injectors, meth and tune and get 720hp+, but honestly its so much lighter then the RS6 so 650hp is plenty fast, for now......
    the guy did so much to this car, 19x12 rear and 19x9 HRE's, 1/2 body clear bra wrap, GT# race seats, 5 point harness, LUX installed $9k audio system(thats just nuts, but car has speakers everywhere inlaid in custom CF panels everywhere, dual amps, Pioneer head unit, GT short throw kit, valentine built into the rearview mirror(these are $3500.00, nuts) its flawless...TTboost will likely laugh about the fast enough 4 now comment.....
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Quote Originally Posted by speedtrapped View Post
    it is an 01', 3 rd owner. Seal Grey with fullbody techart(actually pic posted on the selling special sauce thread)...the engine was molested by protosport, NJ(protomotive dealer)...650HP k24/18's, bailey diverters, EVOM IC's, EVOM CAI, custom IC Hard piping, Greddy boost controller,1 bar springs,LWFW, stage 3 clutch and protomotive tune(1.3 bar). I can add a larger Y pipe and bigger TB, hitachi MAF, bigger injectors, meth and tune and get 720hp+, but honestly its so much lighter then the RS6 so 650hp is plenty fast, for now......
    the guy did so much to this car, 19x12 rear and 19x9 HRE's, 1/2 body clear bra wrap, GT# race seats, 5 point harness, LUX installed $9k audio system(thats just nuts, but car has speakers everywhere inlaid in custom CF panels everywhere, dual amps, Pioneer head unit, GT short throw kit, valentine built into the rearview mirror(these are $3500.00, nuts) its flawless...TTboost will likely laugh about the fast enough 4 now comment.....
    Yeah..my mom has the same mods on her 996 Turbo.....
    2013 Audi S8

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    Yeah..my mom has the same mods on her 996 Turbo.....
    ROFL
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Bye, bye see you soon
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Thanks Erik for running a great site, seriously out of all the forums, I love this one best. I will always be here lurking....

Great, thanks.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

while losing one of the finest tuned RS6s is a sad day...I feel fairly certain that a twin turbo 911 will be a very good place in which to mourn your "loss" :P

The recent 911TTs have been immensely impressive. I love the simplistic interiors of the 80s 911s, and I've driven a 959 (in Korea, helping my mechanic try to sort out problems with the AWD modes). While the 959 was so far ahead of its time that it's still very much a supercar (just don't look at the Bosch computers under the seats - early 1980s vintage, they are hilariously HUGE!), a modestly tuned 996 is superior in every way (except exclusivity).

owning the RS6 is a "one-car" choice. Future plans include owning a focused no-compromise sports car again, preferably a two-seater - exactly where you're at now.
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

Sad to see.

Hope the new owner enjoys the beast.

Its funny, I am sad as I put alot of time and $$ into her. I had a blast driving the car, a sleeper was the best part. My 996 is def pimped, as I have had 2 cars in last 3 days want to test...not my thing during rush hour commute.
    The salve was I still have a piece of the car, the important piece....

The new owner, who owns a B5 S4 wrote me an email, he is stoked, loves the power, and the handling....I was happy to hear that.

So the 911 has 200 HP per liter!

Yikes.

yep, and i can extract another 100 at crank for about $3k more....but before I look like a total noob, the car has a lwfw and a stage 3 clutch, I have not driven a manual in over 4 years....I want to get very comfortable before I start cranking up power

Please, for the love of god, post pics of the 996........

He did, other thread.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth