Thread: Opinions on my boost?

Opinions on my boost?

Last edited by 4everRS; March 18th, 2012 at 02:42.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Stock Intercoolers?
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    Stock Intercoolers?
    Yep, but no traditional "oil patch" signs of leaks. I also don't like the fact that the requested never gets close to 2k.

edit: not that no oil means no leak. Could just mean I clean out the IC pipeing every oil change.
    Last edited by 4everRS; March 18th, 2012 at 04:14.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Very nice and healthy boost

Doesn't look bad but I was wondering why the requested and actual split a little at the higher RPM where a leak might be more noticeable. This is where D. Hall and his log histroy would be valuable to see where other APR users ended up and just in general where other stock and modified users ended up. I'm sure there is no textbook log between requested and actual, I wouldn't mind seeing other data though. Overall it doesn't look bad, just looks like there might be a slight boost leak, but who knows??? My Revo will boost a bit over 2000mb depending on my SPS select setting but without adding fueling through the aftermarket program I use (Lemmiwinks), it will be pulling too much timing for the boost. The only logs I've seen so far that can match both the Revo & Lemmiwinks is the Eurocharged that Speedtrapped posted for the high Dyno day. But the Eurocharged tune alone added the right amount of fueling whereas I had to use the (Lemmiwinks) program to add a comparable amount of fuel. The nice thing about the Lemmiwinks is that it would still add fuel to a APR, Eurovharged, Viper, or Reo tune to correct or improve it slightly. A long rant here but give us some timing logs to go along with the boost please.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

I think it looks good..and it seems normal for the boost to taper off up top, (mine does also) IMO, due to the very weak factory waste gates, if that's what you have. The factory wastegates springs I believe are only 3-4lbs. Most of us are asking them to stop 15psi worth of pressure...tough job...
    2013 Audi S8

So I put together a graph of Max's boost with mine. We are both running APR software, and somewhat similar other engine mods. He has the Miltek DP's with cats, my precats are gutted, and stock cats. I think he may have different DV's than my stockers. What else Mad Max?

I like pretty graphs. inspiring me..
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

More pretty graphs. This one of Max's MAF compared to mine.