Thread: 2003 RS6 For sale in Connecticut

2003 RS6 For sale in Connecticut

www.goodguysautohouse.com

97K, dark grey with black interior and carbon, no nav, no mods, 2 local owners....exterior is in nice shape; no paintwork from what I can see, missing front drivers bumper grill and lower silver trim pieces (not cheap to replace I bet). A few deep scratches in rear bumper from loading/unloading(won't buff out). Inside is pretty nice too, new OE winter rubber mats (no carperted ones) but the up/down buttons on the HVAC are worn white and the usual rubber wearing off the door handles, knobs etc. Built in V1 with rear view mirror display. Michelin Pilot Sports have good life on them, rims pretty clean and rash free for the most part. Engine very clean but passenger side valve covers are weeping. Car was smoked in, but detailed and no visible burn holes/marks...looks good and clean but smells like a perfumed old lady inside. A few nice days with the windows open, or a day or 2 of more smoking to get rid of that smell.

I didn't drive it, it was buried behind other cars in a tiny lot but it's like 20 minutes from me and can help someone out if need be. He 'SAID' it had no codes when I asked him (had my scanner with me actually)...sounds odd b/c most every Audi at 100K has some sort of code. I doubted him and he said it again...no codes. Which makes me believe they were just recently cleared by him. He did say it needed some drivers door lock work that he was going to do...certainly that has to throw a code everytime you drive it (?) The Audi dealer in Hartford where it was sold has most of the service records, but none were in the car...I have no idea if TB, TC or DRC has been done or needs to be. Neither did he...in fact , he admitted he knew next to nothing about this model and its service requirements.

He has room to move on the price some he said...he was asking for high 18s on Tuesday.

One more thing, the dealer said the guy traded this Rs6 for a Z06....I'm not sure how to re-act to that or what it implies, if anything.

VIN is: WUAPV54B73N904821 not sure if its on the records here....
    SOLD ! 2003 RS6 Mugello/Silver -MTM
    2001 allroad 6-speed (300K+), 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E, 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63, 2010 BMW X3, 1986 16V Scirocco, 2005 Mercedes E55 Wagon

I have it on the list but listed as EBONY not Daytona. And no other details on the list. It is difficult to tell with the glare in the photos but it looks like it is Black? smoke smell = yetch!!!!
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Yes, its it Ebony I guess, i should have checked to be correct...it's just that Audi's color looks more like 'dark grey' to me. Was one of the POs posting here in the past for the VIN to be in the collection?

Its has the SE exhausts too...I forgot to mention that nice option.

It actually didn't smell of smoke (anymore), it smells of detailer 'smoke away' ; I'm not sure which is worse ?! Certain 'smoke' smells I can dig tho... you dig?
    2001 allroad 6-speed (300K+), 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E, 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63, 2010 BMW X3, 1986 16V Scirocco, 2005 Mercedes E55 Wagon

He lives in Cali, of course he digs...
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    Yes, its it Ebony I guess, i should have checked to be correct...it's just that Audi's color looks more like 'dark grey' to me. Was one of the POs posting here in the past for the VIN to be in the collection?

Its has the SE exhausts too...I forgot to mention that nice option.

It actually didn't smell of smoke (anymore), it smells of detailer 'smoke away' ; I'm not sure which is worse ?! Certain 'smoke' smells I can dig tho... you dig?
    There was nothing, just the VIN and the color and nothing else...
    Well there could be Rastafari smoke or Cigar/Cigarette smoke or Burn Marshmellow smoke...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Makes 2 for sale in CT...and mine hasn't been smoked in...
    2013 Audi S8

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    Makes 2 for sale in CT...and mine hasn't been smoked in...
    Mine makes 3.

Mike's is a super nice car...well done man. I kinda want to sell mine and go over to the dark (interior) side with yours.

Chris...got a link to yours? I'm over on Porchuk Road enough...where are you at? Does yours have an OCT sticker on the rear trunk?

So funny alluding to the herbs. I was in Westport a few weeks ago, at a stop light. Some high schooler must have gotten dad's old Rs6 as his first car. On the rear trunk was a 'shocker' sticker and a sticker of a big green shade leaf ! He was gone by the time my iphone camera was ready tho.

Jimmy,

I didn't want to hijack this thread... until I realized it was your thread! I live in Riverside (Greenwich), CT, near Exit 5 on I-95. The only sticker on the back is a GPD Silver Shield Association 2012 Membership. Member RobertV took it out and shook it down a few weeks ago; his review is at the bottom.

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/23902-904952-for-sale

Not a problem Chris . It's all good information/discussion.

Hmmm, pretty cool to have 2 black/black cars for sale so close to me !

I can also speak to the ebony metallic (Audi paint code LZ9W) color. When clean it looks black; looks dark grey when it gets a little "durty."