Thread: '12 Le Mans Audi R18 TDI Hybrid!

'12 Le Mans Audi R18 TDI Hybrid!

Audi, also, will be bringing hybrid car to the LeMans...

http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publi...cle_7462.shtml

Interesting to say the least, but I don't believe the Audi hybrid will be any good against the TOYOTA, they clearly have much more experience in that field, unless of course Porsche is helping Audi on the hybrid thing, they have already raced with that configuration and they did quite well.

Audi also never raced with a Diesel engine, but still managed it to win the first race

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroCool View Post
    Audi also never raced with a Diesel engine, but still managed it to win the first race
    True, but as I said, Audi has little experience in the whole "Hybrid" stuff when it comes to passenger cars, let alone racing. Toyota has a long experience in passenger cars. Don't missunderstand me passenger cars Vs Racing are two complete different animals, all I'm saying is that Toyota has a little edge over Audi in the Hybrid arena.

I believe this is the first year we'll see hybrids in Le Mans, they will most certainly gives us quite a show, I love Audi and I really want them to win...but Toyota has a very strong racing heritage, they will surely put a good fight.

Peugeot is out, but Toyota is definetely in. This years battle will be immense. I like Audis move with the Hybrids but I think (At least among the Audi cars.) the diesels will be going stronger.

Bring it on!

More info about Audis hybrid LeMans car... It will be quattro!!!

http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publi...cle_7527.shtml

Neither one comment!? :/

hahah I even opened a new topic before you posted pics, and noone comented on that one either )

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/24...ro-i-R18-ultra

One word: awesome!

yep, just awesome!!

The skidmarks coming out of the corner at 1:10 are just INSANE!!...man, I would have loved to see those races live.

Supposedly the R18 E-tron quattro is 2.5 seconds quicker in testing than the R18 than won Sebring.

Quote Originally Posted by JavierNuvolari View Post
    Interesting to say the least, but I don't believe the Audi hybrid will be any good against the TOYOTA, they clearly have much more experience in that field...
    I believe it will do VERY well against the Toyota, but you do make a great point: Toyota's hybrid experience is MUCH greater than Audi's. Especially considering Audi has next to ZERO experience with a DIESEL Hybrid system (the Audi concpet cars the exception). In the real world, Toyota's experience dominates, but in racing, all bets are off. After all, ware talking about a manufacture that has NEVER won Le Mans... YET!
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Benman View Post
    I believe it will do VERY well against the Toyota, but you do make a great point: Toyota's hybrid experience is MUCH greater than Audi's. Especially considering Audi has next to ZERO experience with a DIESEL Hybrid system (the Audi concpet cars the exception). In the real world, Toyota's experience dominates, but in racing, all bets are off. After all, ware talking about a manufacture that has NEVER won Le Mans... YET!
    The Le Mans hybrids and what Audi and Toyota sell as road going hybrids have little to nothing in common. I agree that Audi's Le Mans experience is more important.

Can't wait for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Benman View Post
    Hey Seņor Benman, long time no post! I know exactly what you mean, but after watching the testing of the Hybrid Audi and the lap time difference between the "regular" version, I think we're in for a treat for this years Le Mans.

Saludos!

Quote Originally Posted by JavierNuvolari View Post
    Hey Seņor Benman, long time no post!

Saludos!
    No kidding! My time has become much more limited lately. As for Le Mans, I'm looking forward to the treat!
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan