Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MAF readings

Quote Originally Posted by mbagge01 View Post
    I get some hesitation at times during acceleration and have been wondering if maybe I am getting some incorrect air fuel readings to the ecu from a leak around the seals or maf slowly going bad. From other posts, people are listing maf values at over 200 on each side at WOT.

You could just have some misfires. Tired plugs or coils...Check your plugs, and make sure they are gapped between .025-.028.

Also, It is very common to have 200+ readings at WOT, with a flash. If you in fact had a leak at the MAF's, you would likely get a CEL and it would go into limp mode. This is the biggest pain with this car (other than the ususal transmission/TC complaints). I unscrewed my MAF's from my airbox, so that I never upset that expensive seal. When I pull my airbox off, my MAF's stay in the intake. I have NEVER had a MAF issue since, and I don't keep moving that delicate MAF connector around either.
    2013 Audi S8

That is my concern then with my eurocharged tune. I am not seeing any maf readings over 200 and wondering if I have a small leak.somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by 905084 View Post
    If Stage 1 has the front O2's coded out and Stage 2 has the rears coded out, what's the point of having a MAF at all? I'm confused. If you don't know how much is coming out of the tailpipe, isn't it just open loop? Unplug your MAF's and see how fast it is.
    You read it wrong, Stage 1 does nothing to front or rear 02's. Stage 2 removes rear 02's which are for emissions only. Front 02's are critical for fueling and letting the ecu know what is happening...

With REVO, I recommend Stage Custom; adding fuel using another program since REVO runs lean, as we know...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

That is my concern then with my eurocharged tune. I am not seeing any maf readings over 200 and wondering if I have a small leak.somewhere
    You are probably in limp mode now. Check your codes, reset everything and go out and log again...If you get the same codes, you have a leak. I am assuming you have bank 1 & 2 lean codes?
    2013 Audi S8

Is there a reason that the right air intake duct has an indentation in it and is not completely round like the left side. Also when I was looking at my MAF's they do not appear to be completely flush with the metal intake tube and I am wondering if the shop that just had my car did not push the MAF's all the way down or they do sit up a little. I am not getting any codes so maybe it is ok?

Not sure what you mean by intake ducts? Do you mean into your airbox? Or fromt eh MAF's to the turbos? Everything is engineered to fit a certain way in the engine bay, to accomodate everything else.
    As far as MAF's, they should fit pretty tight and be very close (pushed down into) the intake. When their not, you suck "unmetered" air past the seals and into the engine, making the ECU crazy.
    The design problem with the Airbox/MAF's is, the tightness of the airbox is directly related to how tight the MAF's will be. The airbox doesn't have any hold down bolts/screws in the back by the MAF's, so if your airbox pops up, your MAF's will pop up.

Use two hands and firmly press down on the back on the airbox over the MAF's. I would do a "redneck" reset anyway and see if there is a difference. Disconnect both battery cables from the battery, touch the cable ends together for a few seconds (you might need a long screw driver or other tool). After you short the two cables together, reconnect both battery cables to the battery, then go drive it. If you have no codes, it should be fine.
    2013 Audi S8

...and regarding your Post #38, your Eurocharged tune could be a high timing, low boost tune (Dave might know) which would not have very high MAF readings. Do a search here, especially for "Dhall1". There are a TON of Eurocharged tune logs people have posted, Comapre yours to them.
    2013 Audi S8

It is the silver plastic intake piece that starts at the front of the hood and connects to the black plastic accordion tube that connects to the air box. In my car atleast the right sided one has an indentation where the black tube attaches.

Don't worry about that. That is just providing the cool air to the airbox...
    2013 Audi S8

So should I not cover it with the black plastic tube. Why is it only present on the right side and not the left.

So should I not cover it with the black plastic tube. Why is it only present on the right side and not the left.
    They should both be round but someone has over tightened the hose clamps and pinched them. They are not as important since the leaks here are just warmer air getting into the system vs an unmetered loss.
    2003 Daytona/Silver RS6

Forgot, here is my eurocharge tune MAF reading with a fault wire issue http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/23...-low-MAF-level Looks like I topped out at 208 and 215. One bank is lower than the other because they are not read at the same time.
    2003 Daytona/Silver RS6

Chung, is your tune a stage one or is it higher.

It was an older stage 1 tune the previous owner had on it. I recently updated to a newer version of their tune but haven't run maf logs.
    2003 Daytona/Silver RS6

Little leaks you won't notice....big failures you will. Don't spend money chasing a 2 percent leak. Spent 6 months....a lot of time chasing "intercooler leaks"..."Apikilol MAF's"....it was all crap....it was a bad MAF sending a signal that was 10% of what it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by 905084 View Post
    Little leaks you won't notice....big failures you will. Don't spend money chasing a 2 percent leak. Spent 6 months....a lot of time chasing "intercooler leaks"..."Apikilol MAF's"....it was all crap....it was a bad MAF sending a signal that was 10% of what it should be.
    I tend to agree. These cars are smart and usually tell you when they are not happy..and where to look...
    2013 Audi S8

Is there anyway to do a check to see if the MAF is functioning properly. Can a voltage check be done on the connectors or something or the sort.

Is there anyway to do a check to see if the MAF is functioning properly. Can a voltage check be done on the connectors or something or the sort.
    Vag left to right is all I know