Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MAF readings

I agree, there is a problem with that low bank. Check for leaks in boost tract.. intercoolers? can you post a good pic of both sides? grill pulls out easy for picture. Could be a number of other things, but boost leak somewhere is likely.
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

That wouldn't cause the difference. If your waste gate is open, you would never reach full boost.
    05 Cayenne turbo

I sealed the ICs last weekend and the passenger side was leak free. I still proactively sealed that one too.

I will double check my hose clamps, any other spots to check?

Thanks everyone for your help so far!
    03 RS6 Daytona Grey - EFI Express - 01e - SRM K24 - Aquamist - 495whp/580ft-lbs

Could be diverters. Have they been replaced?

Edit: for the boost issue. Not the MAF issue.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

After the ICs were sealed, I pressure tested the system without the airbox in place and was able to maintain 16+ psi.

The diverters are stock and possibly original. I did swap the two around and still the same readings.

Quote Originally Posted by mdegracia View Post
    The diverters are stock and possibly original. I did swap the two around and still the same readings.
    Swapping dv's won't help with the boost. All the air through one throttle body. I.e. it could leak on either side and it will read the same.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Ok, makes sense.
    I'll give that a shot tomorrow, thanks!

Any updates?
    2013 Audi S8

Yup, solved the problem last week!

Back when I pulled the engine to change the transmission out, I recalled loosening the wategate actuator on the passenger side. Well, it was the only potential thing left on that bank left to check. Needless to say, after dropping the subframe and engine to the point that I could see actuator, lo and behold there was the actuator rod just hanging out with the flapper disconnected! Oopsey....Lowered the motor down enough to manage to reconnect and tighten everything down! All set now!

Now, if the Revo Stage 2 tune would only flash propoerly to my ecu. I get "Revo present, but disabled"...I've gone back and forth from stock and tune and can manipulate the Revo settings but no change in performance. As a last attempt, I threw the 5 hr demo on, and that worked! WTF! Anyone ever have this issue before? Dealer has called Revo and they won't be able to check the flash until April...really starting to consider Eurocharged.

BTW, now that my 5 hr demo is over, I feel like a crack addict...that extra power was definitely amazing!

Matt

Thanks for the update.. we can remember to use your symptoms in tracing similar problems. Good luck!
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

Yes, thanks for the update. It's always something,.. just not always obvious...that's why we all come here..to learn from others mishaps...
    2013 Audi S8

Yup, just further the labor of love experience!

Does anyone know what the MAF's should max out at with a eurocharged tune. I am hitting about 195 on one side and 178 on the other. Should I be getting over 200 on each side? I am not getting any codes. Should I get the apikol seals or clean the MAF's?

Quote Originally Posted by mbagge01 View Post
    Does anyone know what the MAF's should max out at with a eurocharged tune. I am hitting about 195 on one side and 178 on the other. Should I be getting over 200 on each side? I am not getting any codes. Should I get the apikol seals or clean the MAF's?
    Symptoms are?
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    The only difference in what Revo calls the Stage 1 & Stage 2 is that the Stage 2 has the "REAR" O2 sensors coded out. Revo software is adjustable with the SPS Select tool for Boost & Timing but the basic Boost & Timing for both versions is the same.
    If Stage 1 has the front O2's coded out and Stage 2 has the rears coded out, what's the point of having a MAF at all? I'm confused. If you don't know how much is coming out of the tailpipe, isn't it just open loop? Unplug your MAF's and see how fast it is.

1. Do NOT unplug your MAF's and see how fast it is.
    2. If you log block 2 you will get bank 1 & 2 readings separately. I have seen as high as 245 on each bank.
    3. If you log block 3, you will get bank 1 & 2 together, which will max out at 364.
    4. Do NOT unplug yor MAF's amd see how fast it is.

You NEVER code out front O2's only rear O2's. Front O2's do all the work, rear O2's are for emissions. Front O2's do the correction for the MAF.
    2013 Audi S8

I get some hesitation at times during acceleration and have been wondering if maybe I am getting some incorrect air fuel readings to the ecu from a leak around the seals or maf slowly going bad. From other posts, people are listing maf values at over 200 on each side at WOT.