Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Open dumps!!!!

Open dumps!!!!

So I took the exhaust off last night at my friends shop after the converter and before the resonators. Wow did it sound nice! Open dumps might be the route I go taking off the resonators keeping both pieces to easily convert back to stock. Replacing with new 63mm piping and open dumps. Anyone done this? Or can recommend good ones? My friends pretty good at wiring so I may use the extra button next to the esp one and put the switch there. I'll pull another esp switch off an A6 and make it look like a stock option.

Thoughts!?

Haydn has done this on similar cars and has done exhausts on RS6's; I was actually talking about this with him already. Reach out to him through HT Motorsports.
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.
    RS6 #2 904568, Avus, Ebony, no stuff, stock minus RNS-E.

Interesting
    Current: 08 Mercedes CLK63 AMG Black Series, 08 Mercedes E63 AMG, 99 Mercedes C43 AMG, 02 Porsche 911 Turbo, 91 BMW 318IC (E30)
    Past: 03 Audi RS6, 01 Audi S4, 13 Audi S6, 99 BMW M3, 07 Audi RS4, 06 BMW M5, +

SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

I like the sound of that as well. too loud inside the cabin. I went with fully straight piped to the tips. No mufflers, cats, or resonators. Sounds loud and mean. People try making fun and saying I sound like a dyno truck (because of the constant turbo whistling) or like a turbo diesel lol. But inside the cab it's nice and quiet.
    2003 RS6//Fully Adjustable Suspension//VIPER ECU&TCU//Daytona Gray-Black
    Fully straight piped from the turbos to tips!
    Apikol Intake and D.O. Dual Nozzle Stage 2 Meth Kit

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli42 View Post
    I like the sound of that as well. too loud inside the cabin. I went with fully straight piped to the tips. No mufflers, cats, or resonators. Sounds loud and mean. People try making fun and saying I sound like a dyno truck (because of the constant turbo whistling) or like a turbo diesel lol. But inside the cab it's nice and quiet.

The cab in these things are very quiet even compared to many brand new cars.

I would really like to hear your car. Do you have any videos?
    Current: 08 Mercedes CLK63 AMG Black Series, 08 Mercedes E63 AMG, 99 Mercedes C43 AMG, 02 Porsche 911 Turbo, 91 BMW 318IC (E30)

I went with straight pipes from the cats on back, and gutted the precats but left the main ones intact for now. I personally love the sound, there's surprisingly little drone throughout the rpm range. It's definitely a little louder inside the car, no getting around that, but I have nothing against it. And it's a LOT meaner sounding from outside.
    RS6 #1, 01E, 2.5" straight pipes, AMD Stage 1 6MT tune, 460awhp/530awtq on AMD's Mustang dyno. TOTALLED.. RS6 #2, Ebony Black Pearl on black/silver combination with carbon, up and running with 6 gears and AMD tune.

I am going with DMH performance. The reviews are great, warranty unbeatable and I am excited to install in March. I am picking them up this weekend. Website if anyone is interested: http://www.dmhperformance.com/

Has anyone taken off their resonators and left the mufflers? Not sure what my car will sound like with the dumps closed and no resonators. Should be interesting... Pictures to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by giles.dec View Post
    I am going with DMH performance. The reviews are great, warranty unbeatable and I am excited to install in March. I am picking them up this weekend. Website if anyone is interested: http://www.dmhperformance.com/

Has anyone taken off their resonators and left the mufflers? Not sure what my car will sound like with the dumps closed and no resonators. Should be interesting... Pictures to follow.
    Can't wait to see more on this!

Everyone needs to remember that aside from noise, the other main reason for mufflers and resonators is to eliminate back firing which you will get a host of without either when you decelerate or let your foot off the gas... Car sounds like a jalopy when it backfires.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by TMAC View Post
    I would really like to hear your car. Do you have any videos?
    Yes a short one tho..just start up and idel as of now. If I can figure how to post from an iPhone video I will lolAlso, mine only backfires if it's in neutral and I rev the crap out of it

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	open.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	16086Bought the dumps today. Mid March is when I will most likely install. Dave the owner of DMH was a super nice guy, stood behind his product, and possibly could of been the person to invent the open dump system...? (Not sure if true, but the quality is un-real) Some of the Volkswagen mechanics I know who work on the CC were going wild over the quality. I will follow up later with install pics and a video...

If you're curious how quickly the dumps open check this video out of them installed on a SRT 6.1 (I KNOW... not an Audi, but one is on the way!) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSAvuc67dY0
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona Grey
    2011 Volkswagen CC Deep Black Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by giles.dec View Post

Name:	open.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	16086Bought the dumps today. Mid March is when I will most likely install. Dave the owner of DMH was a super nice guy, stood behind his product, and possibly could of been the person to invent the open dump system...? (Not sure if true, but the quality is un-real) Some of the Volkswagen mechanics I know who work on the CC were going wild over the quality. I will follow up later with install pics and a video...

If you're curious how quickly the dumps open check this video out of them installed on a SRT 6.1 (I KNOW... not an Audi, but one is on the way!) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSAvuc67dY0
    Nice, looking forward to seeing this done.

Thanks for posting the video.

Name:	open 1.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	16144Click image for larger version. 

Name:	open2.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	43.9 KB 
ID:	16145Click image for larger version. 

Name:	open3.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	16146Click image for larger version. 

Name:	open 4.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	16147 Last night around midnight we finished the wiring and let the beast breathe (with the touch of a button). I will upload a video at some point and take a picture of the dump switch next to the esp button in the available empty square. Still has a stock look in the interior. The sound is unreal! Inside and out. Even with the dumps closed and the resonators deleted, it still has a similar stock sound, so when the dumps open so does your smile.... Let me know what you think. Had to put the turn downs because of the fuel tank, but they look legit underneath.
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona Grey
    2011 Volkswagen CC Deep Black Pearl

Love it!!!!

Not sure what your switch looks like, but you should do a Funk or Mystery Switch!

Funk- 4B0 035 775 5PR
    Mystery- 4B0 035 775 A 5PR

Name:	IMG_7229.JPG 
Views:	186 
Size:	72.2 KB 
ID:	16148

Name:	IMG_7224.JPG 
Views:	162 
Size:	61.6 KB 
ID:	16149