Thread: RS3 UK deliveries

RS3 UK deliveries

On January 19th 2011, I ordered a Misano Red RS3. Local Audi dealer estimated 12 week delivery.

March came and he called me in and advised delayed until June.

June came and he called me in and advised maybe delivery before end of year.

By June, it was clear to me internet rumours were more reliable than my dealers info. My order was 281 of the 500 RHD cars.

Dec 2011, dealers advises my car has a confirmed build date wk1 2012.

Jan 2011, dealer advises end Jan / begining Feb delivery

Beginning of Feb 2012, dealer advises car was cleared for shipping 22/1/12

2nd week of Feb, dealer advises "quality control checks" vehicle needs further checks before it can be shipped - quite normal for RS vehicles, nothing to worry about. Kirsty from UK RS team confirmed Feb delivery.

3rd week of Feb, dealer advises probably March delivery.

Waiting for the next Audi installment of BS.

Anyone currently with similar stories?

Just wondering what is the latest order number that has been delivered - mine was number 281.

Thanks

Same story with me:

1. Ordered week before christmas 2011, advised of May 2012 delivery
    2. Then advised build date back to week 47
    3. Then advised build date back to week 48]
    4. Then build date week 50 when the car was in fact built
    5. Advised that car would be ready mid January 2012
    6. Told that it was at European port on 6th Jan 2012
    7. Then told that it was sent back to the factory?
    8. Then advise it would ship end of January
    9. Finally shipped on 11th Feb
    10. Then told that it had been moved from the dock to the compound?
    11. Advised that it will be delivered to local dealer today and that I can pick up on Saturday, though I will be calling again tomorrow to make sure it has arrived!

Not withstanding how long it took to build the car, what has really cheesed me off is that I have had to phone and harass the dealer all the time to get progress reports and hurry up the delivery at the UK end. I get the feeling that if I had not kicked up a bit of a row then it would still be lying at a dock somewhere.

Really not been impressed with Audi in general or my local dealer in particular on this one!

Cheers

Same old Audi BS i ordered mine back jan 2011 number 100 of 500, i could give a list longer than the car of BS i have been fed over the last 12 months,i did managed to get an A5 cab 3.2fsi back in july untill mine arrives, which is looking late may 2012.
    what i cant understand is yours are both misano red (mine suzuka) and audi have 6 of these for sale on there main site so what happened with no demos !!??
    why could they not have allocated one of these !!??.
    Its all total BS there is something none of us are being told why our cars are taking so long from day of order to delivery date.

s3dbw

Looks like Audi have a standard script they are using to feed us all the same BS. I guess you are as fed up as me watching you tube rs3 launch control videos. So your order was Dec 2010 and you are still waiting for yours? Do you know what build number of the 500 yours was?
    Hope Audi come true and you get yours this weekend.

RS3Jack
    More similar stories even with their "keep the customer happy plan". In June 2011, when I spoke to the dealer about cancelling, he agreed to loan me a new A5 sportback until the rs3 arrived (of course at a reasonable per month rate). As good as this car is, I wanted a rs3, not an A5. If you are 100 of 500, with a May delivery, I really wonder how many UK cars have been delivered?

I am sorry you guys have had such long waits. I bought my car through Mayfair Audi in Central London. They have been impeccable from start to finish. Kept me informed when there were delays.

My understanding is that RS3s are built in batches based on colour and RHD versus LHD. And, of course, they're built in Hungary not Germany. I know that various factors have impacted production schedules including unexpectedly high demand for the car. They've even upped the total to meet demand. The bottom line is that you're buying one of the hottest, most sought-after vehicles in the world. Your patience will be rewarded.

Having driven an RS5 (which I think will be representative for the newer RS4 too), I am confident that the RS3 is the better choice. The engine gearbox combination is unbeatable. The whole package is simply dynamite. The more I drive my RS3, the more I love it. I never felt this way about my M3.

I mean, even Qisha has hinted that the next RS4 might get the 5-cylinder treatment. Why wait for the next RS4 when you can have it now with an RS3?

Well, finally picked it up on Monday after just under 15 months of waiting. The 120 mile drive home had me grinning all the way! A test drive is one thing, but after a decent run like this, this sure is a great piece of machinery and I am well pleased. Mind you I had to get into the management system with VCDS as I didnt discover till I got home that some idiot had not only installed the Eastern Europe DVD disc for the Sat Nav, but had also set it up such that it disabled the eject button as a so called anti theft measure. While I can see the issue re theft, this unit can also be used to play CD's should you wish and therefore being able to eject the DVD is essentially, not withstanding if I should ever wish to travel between regions on different discs

Congratulations! Trust me, it only gets better.

Looking forward to reading your impressions as you become more familiar with the car.

My experience has been more akin to Tailpipe’s. I ordered my car quite late, towards the end of January. The dealer told me I should have the car by December. Everything then went ominously quiet but sure enough, I was eventually given an (initially unconfirmed) build date in November. I tweaked the spec a bit, changing from red to white and adding a few extra features but, I was assured, with no impact on my "build slot". Sure enough, the dealer got me the car before the turn of the year. There was an 8 week period between build and delivery, which I was told was for (more intensive) RS testing. A long wait for sure but, still, my dealer delivered as promised. No idea what number I was in the queue and no idea why some people who ordered earlier still seem to be waiting…maybe it is a colour thing? One thing I will say, is that it is most definitely worth waiting for!>>

Personally I think the car looks really good in white, especially with darkened rear windows, but I’m sure it’ll look fantastic in red as well. My decision on colour was based purely on the fact that my previous car was red and I decided, belatedly, that I wanted a change...well, there was also the fact that the saving paid for a Bose music system upgrade!
    >>

I ordered in jan but my dealer was fantastic and changed their showroom car to my excact spec.

It was delayed a few times but I knew I would get it as early as possible as originally they were going to deliver the showroom cars early. It was then a bonus that Audi said they could forget about the showroom and demo cars due to the sellout and so I was able to lift mine as soon as it arrived which was August.

I've almost 7k on the clock now and still loving it :-)

Steve

Boys,

I started this thread in despairation. Now, the wait is over and I after 14 months, I have a RS3.

It is, as tailpipe said, unbelievable. The A+ points are

Exhaust noise, sound, music or whatever you want to call it. The tune from the exhaust witht the flap open is ace.
    Acceleration, once turbo has enough boost - mental
    Handling - doesn't need magnetic suspension, the RS springs and dampers are amazing.
    Cornering - not pushed it much so far but when I did, on a roundabout, there was oversteer, not understeer. If it's the bigger tyres on the front doing this, good call.

The A+++++++ point is
    Launch control - I defy anyone to do this for the first time without laughing with amazement!

For those still waiting, hang on in there for the ride of your life!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow. I'm not jealous at all. No sir. Not a little bit

Congrats. Just take it easy first wxyz miles.

And post pics for us who can't afford that beauty!

Congratulations!

Pics?
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Quote Originally Posted by MGS01 View Post
    Boys,

I started this thread in desperation. Now, the wait is over and I after 14 months, I have a RS3.

It is, as tailpipe said, unbelievable.
    Glad you're happy. I don't think there is any better car at the moment, including the new RS4.

One bonus is that despite embarrassing file economy for town driving, on long motorway hauls at very high speed, I still get 30 mpg. Great!

Here's the pics

On my drive in front of the northern lights, in front of the snow covered hills, on the beach at Redcar.

Low 20's round town, 34mpg on a M62 pennine run.

Best part is launch control with guest drivers. They are already concerned when you tell them to left foot brake and floor the throttle then all hell breaks loose when they let go of the brakes. 0 to 60 is awesome but 0 to 20, nobody can comprehend how this accelaration is possible.

When I ordered the car, I wasn't sure about the Halfords wheels as they looked dodgy in photos. In real life, they are the dogs balls. I expected a love hate ratio of 20:80 but actually, its more like 80:20 with most people thumbs up.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3366-1..jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	63.1 KB 
ID:	12454Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3333-002..jpg 
Views:	319 
Size:	63.4 KB 
ID:	12455Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3341-1..jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	99.7 KB 
ID:	12456

Please, give us some proper pic's...!!!