Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Official: The Audi RS 4 Avant V8 450 hp

Dear Friends,

i do understand the new Audi RS 4 Avant is not what everyone would like to see. You do have to keep in mind that technology sharing across the same platform is logical from a business point of view.

Personally i would have placed the inline five in the B8 chassis... well not this time (B8) but who says not in the future.

Qisha

I personally prefer the 4.2 (instead of 5L) on that car. Of course, as everyone, the 4.0 T (with 500HP) would have been the good choice, as to bring back each custumer gone for //M or AMG.

A little bit more disapointed with the all package, no surprise, not a single element showing it's a brand new car (new seats, HUD, X large body, etc...). But i never felt in love with the A4 B8, maybe the main reason why i'm not interested in this RS4.

But the 4.2l can be a very good engine....i was very happy with my tuned (+25HP) B7 RS4. Audi has to adjust minor problems (hope it's done with FL RS5/B8 RS4...) to make it more "standart" -no oil leak, no 30HP difference between two engines on same dyno, etc...-

470/480HP on each car and everyone's going to be happy. And the most important, everyone's going to tell it! Important strategy to keep those cars dream machines for everyone.

I also believe it was a missed opportunity to use either the 4.0 TFSI V8 or 2.5 TFSI 5 cylinder. I think either of these engines should be used in the next gen RS4/RS5. Audi also need to focus on weight. They have started to do that with the new A6.
    HKS786

No one could expect anything else but 4.2 in this car, and this is last N/a engine we are going to see from Audi, so in some way I see this car littly bit nostalgily!

When it comes to 4.0 T, I think that option never was disscused for such a small car as RS 4. That engine is reserved for bigger Audis, while next gen' RS 4/5 will be powered with 3.0 T engine...

The 3.0 TFSI would make much more sense, both from a business point of view as well as performance vice?

Quote Originally Posted by S6V10Avant View Post
    The 3.0 TFSI would make much more sense, both from a business point of view as well as performance vice?
    Ofcourse. A 3.0T with 450hp and the bump in torque would outrun this 4.2 NA all week long. BUT this engine and gearbox where already finished and ready to go..

After looking at some more pics I've started to like the looks of it more though, very nice.

But RS4 owners should watch out for tuned S4s I think....

One more world about the engine power, Youry (please correct me if i'm wrong) tested a custumer's RS5 at 455HP on its dyno. That means more than 480HP on a well ventilated dyno, with unleaded 98 (yes, the car was using 95!)

I knew that engine was able to do much more than B7 RS4's....for information, youry's car, before this one, had the best figures, with 436HP. Worse was 390HP. Mine was a bit less than 410HP. All on same dyno.

I do absolutely need that kind of engine on my next RS5 !

Youry, you didn't tell me about torque. Could you post the graph ? Might be interesting for all further RS4 and RS5 custumers.....

I wasn't there physically while that RS5 was on the dyno that day so did not see the torque, bit its in the PC, so i can find out... it was 451 HP with our filters 6000 Km on the clock. but with 95 octan gas, so yes i can exetc that engine to extract about 470 without the filters and 98 octane gas.
    Youry
    RS QUATTRO
    www.rsquattro.com

Should be as an usual power on each RS5, would have surely avoid a lot of disagreements....

Thank you Youry, and of course i guess everyone interested in the datas.

All new Audi RS4 Avant 2012 Trailer

I guess it wont need the engine sound enhancing system which can be found in the diesel models...
    5 Audis so far...currently:
    2007 Audi A4 B7 2.0 TDI Multitronic

Quote Originally Posted by Toto89 View Post
    I guess it wont need the engine sound enhancing system which can be found in the diesel models...
    & the new M5 ))

~~ ~~ ~~

fantastico !

I like! Those wheels are quite nice.

I haven't seen this thread. I like it. It is true that Audi might be considered somewhat conservative on the evolution of new models, I, for one, would have love to see the Quattro project going into production, but there may be some good reasons for that; first of all, by being evolutionary, they avoid planned obsolecense, ensuring your Audi will be recognized as an Audi in years to come, giving continuity to the brand, streghtening it, and improving only on a tested plataform as needed. In trhe case of the engine, the 4.2 has become bullet-proof, in spite of being tested to its limits by tuners, a feature none of us RS6 owners dislike. As for the interior, there's absolutely nothing wrong with it, same quality build we are used to, luxuries galore and inteligent, cutting edge technology mixed with beautiful design, and for all this years, a steady climb to the top of the class. Just compare where was Audi on the global context ten or twenty years ago, and see it now. I only wish there would be in the future an RS4 Sedan. If you think I love Audis, you'll be not far off from the truth.

Good Pixs Ritchy - Thanks