Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: X-post: Project Judas -- SBC swapped into RS 6 shell

X-post: Project Judas -- SBC swapped into RS 6 shell

Just stumbled across this, and his build is nearing completion... jealous of this guy's time and skills if nothing else...

http://www.motorgeek.com/viewtopic.p...01&hilit=judas

Wow, that is amazing. I can't decide whether he's a brain surgeon or Dr. Frankenstein, but you gotta admire the skills and moxie.
    2003 RS6, Mugello Blue/Ebony - SOLD :-(
    2015 S5 Coupe, Mythos Black w/Black Optics package and an attitude

Hi All,

Someone pointed me to the X-post on here (thankyou) so I figured I would say hello as this is my project.

There is still a bit of stuff to wrap up, including making the front bumper (I took a mold from a friends RS6 bumper and will lay up a carbon one and a front splitter some time over the next month or so). I am also still working on resolving an issue with the MAF so the tune is not complete yet and hence the car wants to stall when coming to a stop and requires heel/toe to keep it running. It is also about 50-70AWHP down on what it will be as we cannot do the power tune until the MAF issue is resolved. It put down 320AWHP/330TQ last week on the initial tune pass, so when complete it should be around 380AWHP/360TQ so about the same or slightly more HP than a stock RS6 but slightly less torque, although the throttle response and off the line TQ is better than a stock RS6.

The Motorgeek thread has all the information on the swap so please take a look if you like. I would also like to point out that the car was in the process of being parted out when I came across it, the engine/trans, front bumper and fenders, steering wheel and a few other things had already been sold. I rescued the car with no real plan of what to do with it, however I had been planning the LS into S8 swap for a while so switched gears to the RS6. LS3+TT into S8 is coming up next I think.

Here's a little video of some test driving about.

Cheers

Timmmy
    www.motorsport-ht.com

Thanks for sharing and I look forward to seeing the continued progress- Good luck you crazy guy!
    210K miles rolled

Crazy. I saw this a while back, before you had the engine in. I havent checked it since. Great work.

If my cosworth lump ever goes to hell, I'll be calling.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

I guess if you can't find a spare engine to drop in, this is certainly an alternative. Seems like a tonne of work to get near the same amount of stock RS motor, but on the other hand it does over some benefits over the ZF tranny for sure. Have always loved the sound of a lumpy engine with lots of overlap on cams. Reminds me of the days as a young kid hot rodding cars and dropping different engine combinations into various rides. Sometime back I wanted to put the 4.2TT RS motor in to an NSX chassis. It proved to be too much work for the end result and ended up instead just going FI on the 3.0 Honda engine which works just fine. Best of success with your continued project.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Personally, I love it, and clearly you are a wrench to be reckoned with.

Hilarious to see an RS 6 idling like a pro-stocker, and good on you man, you saved those beautiful lines from oblivion...

Crazy HP potential in a turbo SBC. Of course, you'll explode your diff and 01E and twist your axles into twizzlers if you went there.

Thanks for dropping in to share!

Initially, the purist side in me loathes it... but at the same time it saves a VIN and the keeps it alive.
    After seeing this, the creative side in me LOVES it.... it shows imagination, drive, creativity and a goal!

To me, it sounds wicked!!!!

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the CI of the LS6? 350?
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Lol so funny I was just joking about throwing an LS7 I in if my engine ever blew. Then someone pointed me to your thread, very impressive. Too much work for me to consider. But maybe you can make a kit out of it. What are you going to do about the check engine codes and light for lack of a trans signal?
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

The beauty of those engines are the huge aftermkt support, cheap, and those blocks can be tweaked to make huge power. Rock on, awesome project!
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Thanks, Im glad you all like it as I have received some harsh purist responses too.

I intentionally tried really hard not to make any cuts or mods to the shell so I could go back to the RS6 lump at some point if I felt like it.

With regards to the CI of the motor, it is actually an LS1 with an LS2 intake, which effectively is an LS6. The engine is 5.7L so its a 350 (348 actually).

The Check engine light is only on because of a small error and just needs clearing so no issues there and it already passed the state inspection and OBD check

The Airbag light is on as the RS6 wheel was sold and the ecu apparently doesnt like the A4 sport wheel so I need to find a replacement RS6 wheel, if anyone knows of one FS please LMK.

The traction control and ABS lights I am still working on, currently I have the TCU detached, if I pug it back in the ABS light goes away and the ABS works fine, however then the dash displays the PNDRL as it thinks it is an automatic. I am working to see if I can reflash the Audi ECU with modified Euro S6 code which should allow me to then flash the TCU with manual trans info and hopefully cure the issue. Time will tell.

Cheers

H

I know the guys at Raven MS have removed the PNDRL on their car. There is no issues really with lights, etc on the dash, except a check engine light that stays on, but no code.. lingering in the background, from no trans signal. Maybe you guys can work together on it?
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..

Quote Originally Posted by HT MOtorsport View Post
    The Airbag light is on as the RS6 wheel was sold and the ecu apparently doesnt like the A4 sport wheel so I need to find a replacement RS6 wheel, if anyone knows of one FS please LMK.

The traction control and ABS lights I am still working on, currently I have the TCU detached, if I pug it back in the ABS light goes away and the ABS works fine, however then the dash displays the PNDRL as it thinks it is an automatic. I am working to see if I can reflash the Audi ECU with modified Euro S6 code which should allow me to then flash the TCU with manual trans info and hopefully cure the issue. Time will tell.

H
    The steering wheel might be pricey to find. I know there was a victimed car in Arizona that was being scrapped as car vs tree = tree wins. DHall1 received a majority of the bits that are challenging to find. Not sure of the Steering wheel. The owner planned on moving back to NY and didn't want to ship the wreck back there. Search might help but it was only about 3 weeks ago and a fairly new forum user.

EDIT:
    1. http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/23...y-this-weekend
    2. http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/23...6-4.2-parts%29

Quote Originally Posted by Brav View Post
    I know the guys at Raven MS have removed the PNDRL on their car. There is no issues really with lights, etc on the dash, except a check engine light that stays on, but no code.. lingering in the background, from no trans signal. Maybe you guys can work together on it?
    Ok, this PRNDS issue had to be handled by MTM, Sportec and Champion Racing as they all have C5 RS6 6 Speeds. MTM has the Clubsport. Sportec has the RS600 - in the states if I am not mistaken. Champion Racing is no longer in existence but there has to be away to get this going. Yeah, race cars don't care about ABS or airbags or check engine. etc... But then how the hell did MTM and Sportec do it?
    Last edited by ben916; February 16th, 2012 at 06:50. Reason: links
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Fwiw the Raven manual swap has functioning ABS and traction control. All workserfect but just the CEL.

If this is the same project, wait til you see where the RS6 motor is going.

ok share.....is it the redline project?
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Quote Originally Posted by UrS6 View Post
    If this is the same project, wait til you see where the RS6 motor is going.
    I think the one you are referring to is another of my projects.

How much does the small block Chevy decked out weight?
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA