Thread: How many times in the Shop for warranty repairs?

Lightbulb How many times in the Shop for warranty repairs?

Please list your problems so far....
    Peace All

Marcin
    RS6 Avant Daytona Grey - MTM stage 2 - 508HP/700Nm

1. wiring short between water temp sensor and gage.
    2. mass air flow sensors replaced (may have been misdiagnosed -- see 3).
    3. missfire on cold start and warm, hard accelleration (may be vacuum problem in inlet, not yet resolved.)
    GoFastKindaGuy
    '18 McLaren 720S, '18 Audi R8 V10 Plus, '18 Porsche Turismo Sport Turbo, '12 Cayenne Turbo, '04 Carrera GT

some gremlins

Sometimes the unlock button won't unlock my doors. Since I took delivery in late August, this has happened three times. Two tugs on the door handle still get me out, but it odd how the button doesn't respond sometimes. I've also gotten two 5th to 4th gear "clunks" that were loud enough for my wife to say, "What the heck was that?!" and enough for me to be happy that I wasn't wear white underwear each time. Oh yeah, and another time my side mirrors wouldn't fold. Twirling the knob several times seems to have "fixed" the problem.
    '01.5 Stg3 S4 (Dahlback Racing software)
    '01 X5 3.0
    '04 Mini Cooper

'03 RS 6 (Avus/Silver/NAV/Rear Side Airbags) --gone but not forgotten

Originally posted by GoFastKindaGuy
    1. wiring short between water temp sensor and gage.
    2. mass air flow sensors replaced (may have been misdiagnosed -- see 3).
    3. missfire on cold start and warm, hard accelleration (may be vacuum problem in inlet, not yet resolved.)
    Can you please elaborate on #3. I had several incidents where the car was still cold and I accelerated hard and no turbos spooled and car felt like a 4 Cylinder car up to about 5500RPM and the gear would not shift....I then let go of the gas and gear shifted, I puched it again and then the turbos came alive.

I was told this was a boost leak.

Re: How many times in the Shop for warranty repairs?

Originally posted by TaTaPiRaTa
    Please list your problems so far....
    So far the only thing i took my Beast in for (besides his first 5K service) was for some squeaky brakes. They would get louder the harder you worked them (but never came close to quitting ). The noise seems to be fixed now.

Ben

I'll post more on the misfire once the problem is successfully resolved. For now, I can only relate the symptoms -- misfire on hard accelleration and hesitation, stalling and running on 5 or 6 cylinders for 10 seconds or so when cold.
    :vsad2:
    GoFastKindaGuy
    '18 McLaren 720S, '18 Audi R8 V10 Plus, '18 Porsche Turismo Sport Turbo, '12 Cayenne Turbo, '04 Carrera GT

No problems at all, except a sweak once and a while from the breaks but nothing that bothers me.
    Bauer

07 A4 2.0T quattro STaSIS Challenge Package
    03 RS6 She will be missed
    01 S8
    01 S4 Stage 3 with KO4 turbos, RS4 intercoolers, Revolver cams, STaSIS close ratio gearbox, STaSIS rear LSD, STaSIS 4:1 center diff, STaSIS Motorsports, STaSIS front and rear race control arms, STaSIS motor mounts, Alcon 6 piston, Clutch Master stage 4 6 puck clutch, AWE fueling kit, RS4 bumperRecaro's.... etc, etc, etc

Cracked brake discs and shot pads at about 11k miles, apart from that regular services at around 9000 mile intervals.
    +=====================================+
    ChrisB aka TheBrit, as named by Clout & SantorinSteve over on AW.

Now
    +-------
    Daytona Grey C6 RS 6 Avant
    Meteor Grey S5 Tip

History
    +-------
    Lava Grey C6 allroad 3.0 TDI
    Daytona Grey D3 S8 (twice)
    Ebony Black D3 W12 SWB
    Ebony Black C5 allroad 2.5 TDI Tip Limited Edition
    Silver A2 1.6 FSI SE
    Silver C5 A6 Avant 2.7T Sport
    Volcano Black B5 A4 2.8 qm Sport

Just...

The always red OnStar LED discussed in another thread.

Thnks for your input.

I'm following the Cayenne and X5 forum and I must say you guys are lucky of so little number of problems or shy in showing problems
    Peace All

Marcin
    RS6 Avant Daytona Grey - MTM stage 2 - 508HP/700Nm

2500 miles and no problems. The only thing that I notice is under full acceleration to 160 M.P.H., that in 3 gear and up I can feel the Boost increase and then decrease. It can really be felt after a shift. It takes 3 or 4 seconds for the boost to come on hard and then it seems like it backs off again, then on again. I think this might have something to do with the High Alitude of 7500 feet. Comments?????

Originally posted by MileHighRS6
    2500 miles and no problems. The only thing that I notice is under full acceleration to 160 M.P.H., that in 3 gear and up I can feel the Boost increase and then decrease. It can really be felt after a shift. It takes 3 or 4 seconds for the boost to come on hard and then it seems like it backs off again, then on again. I think this might have something to do with the High Alitude of 7500 feet. Comments?????
    160? I guess i'm not the only one who drive's over 75 As for the boost cut off i do remember the press release stating that the boost would be dialed back the higher alttitude you go. Perhaps this is the cause. What did your dealer tell you?

Ben

They said they would look into it and get back to me.

I have a coolant leak into the heater core...besides that 5000 trouble free miles.

On another note, what kind of car do you guys get from your dealer when it is in for service? Mine is renting me a taurus from Enterprise, and it kind of bugs me....
    ----
    Jordan Conley
    03 RS6
    01 TT Roadster
    95 A6Q 2.8
    [IMG]http://www.rs6.com/gfx/racing/001a.jpg[/IMG]

At 7975 miles...

(responding to initial post)

1. Remote/locks reprogrammed
    2. Inspect factory paint flaw on hood, get AoA OK to proceed under warranty
    3. Take to body shop for estimate on #2
    4. Take to body shop for work
    5. Pick up from body shop
    6. Inspect radiator leak (small, top of driver's side) -- new radiator arrived in 2 days, will put in next week.

Six visits but only three issues; i.e. the paint blemish required four of the visits to dealer & body shop. The locks are a chronic Audi issue, so the only thing mechanical that's unexpected is the radiator problem. Coolant tank levels are OK; the leak was so small I didn't notice it until a couple of guys at the Belle Isle (Detroit) VW/Audi meet pointed it out last weekend. Thank you, Motor City enthusiasts! (BTW I was greeted there like royalty, almost -- it was quite an experience!)

Originally posted by jconley
    I have a coolant leak into the heater core...besides that 5000 trouble free miles.

On another note, what kind of car do you guys get from your dealer when it is in for service? Mine is renting me a taurus from Enterprise, and it kind of bugs me....
    I got a loaner A6.