Thread: not sure, need advice on fluids on y stored engine

not sure, need advice on fluids on y stored engine

Ok....as some know, I am in possession of an extra RS6 engine(which is technically sold, albeit NO deposit) and frankly maybe its worth keeping for a project(buyer offerred decent $, so I was inclined to let go)...Ok the engine is on a hoist. But, it still has oil, and residual coolant in it. It has been stored in a non climate controlled storage unit...can I empty oil, and drain coolant...or rather should I?
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Probably couldn't hurt to remove the plugs and fog the cylinders, plus maybe drain the anti freeze and refill with new
    91' NSX Turbo 700whp/550tq
    03' RS6 550ish bhp/tq
    09' R8 :-)

I concur with na1mt on oiling the cilynders, but I wouln't put antifreeze on it, just in case it has sodium silicates that settle on the bottom, and might do some damage. also, be shure to plug any openings.

The plugs and dropping oil into each cylinder I did about 6 months ago, that I understood. Thank you guys
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)