Thread: 2650 miles & finally a chance to play (a little)

2650 miles & finally a chance to play (a little)

Given the amount traffic around and my cautious nature while in traffic, my beast (aka the hot rod) has really not yet been put to the test. While not as exciting as Ferrari baiting, here's what happened:

1 am heading up the Henry Hudson out of NYC alone, hit construction and 3 lanes go down to 2, hear a familiar rumble coming up behind in the other lane. An older Porsche turbo (maybe '90) with what look like racing tires - real wide, almost no tread. As 2 lanes merge into 1, I tuck in behind him. When the highway opens up, I expect him to go but he doesn't. I go left around him and quickly get to about 60 mph. He comes flying past and I pull out and follow. I catch up with only a gentle press on the accelerator (NO downshift) don't know the speed, watching the road, didn't glance at the speedo, maybe 90mph. He pulls onto the exit for the bridge with me right behind. The exit is a series of inclining curves. He takes them quick, I stay close. The thing that impressed me was that the Porsche was driving the lines into the curves while I stayed in my lane and yet I stayed right with him. I felt completely glued to the road. Hit traffic on the bridge so of course I had to zip around in front of him so he could see what was tailing him.
    Just gotta say WOW once again. This car is most impressive.

Re: 2650 miles & finally a chance to play (a little)

Originally posted by btumble
    Given the amount traffic around and my cautious nature while in traffic, my beast (aka the hot rod) has really not yet been put to the test. While not as exciting as Ferrari baiting,
    Just gotta say WOW once again. This car is most impressive.
    WOW is right. I think all the ignorance at audiworld was just that. Ignorance. They failed to realize this wasn't just some suped up A6 2.7t. It's a whole different Beast! The steering, the brakes, the suspension (love that DRC!), the engine (i think that goes without saying!), the handling, all just so much more. And that it's in a package that the average person will mistake for a regular A6 is just the icing on the cake. Keep the stories coming and ENJOY!!!

loads of WOW

Boston Globe has an article on Dream Cars and a show of them going on in Boston right now.

The Audi RS6 is dead center, with the largest picture of them all. Also included is a Yellow Carrera GT, but the RS6 has larger picture.

He says and I quote:
    "You cannot walk around this car and not say 'WOW'!"

But again, what do I care what others have to say? Everytime I see her, sit in her, ride her, drive her....I SAY WOWWWWWW!