Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Padder shifter retrofit? Trying to figure out what this guy did...

I got a buddy local in honolulu, that could prolly check it out. He's fairly car savvy, which is a plus.

What's the dealer addy?
    03 RS6 Daytona Grey - EFI Express - 01e - SRM K24 - Aquamist - 495whp/580ft-lbs

Quote Originally Posted by mdegracia View Post
    I got a buddy local in honolulu, that could prolly check it out. He's fairly car savvy, which is a plus.

What's the dealer addy?
    Thanks. Looks like south of airport area... http://g.co/maps/598u7 I am contemplating having the Audi dealership there check it out but they want $520. I might have to bite the bullet just to have confidence that it was thoroughly inspected. Having your buddy run take a look would also be a further confidence builder if he does not mind. -eric

What's the dealer addy?
    Sorry... forgot to insert dealer name... autoxchangeinc.com

http://www.everycarlisted.com/hi/hon...pv54b93n904996

Auto XChange
    1391 #a Kapiolani Blvd
    Honolulu, HI 96814

Call Dealership 808-593-0599

I thought Spidercat was on HI, unsure of which island though...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Honolulu.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Just emailed the info over to my buddy. Will let ya know!
    Matt
    03 RS6 Daytona Grey - EFI Express - 01e - SRM K24 - Aquamist - 495whp/580ft-lbs

Just emailed the info over to my buddy. Will let ya know!
    Matt
    Thanks. I just got word that a head gasket repair was done recenty by a local indy. Great. Not sure about this car. Whould you guys buy this car (58K miles) knowing it had a recent head gasket repaired and everything else checks out? Assumption is I will low ball the seller due to some major unknowns going forward.

Aloha all! Haven't even trolled in awhile! Too many irons in the fire... but the car's been running great (knock wood, but I'll still probably get a CEL just for that comment alone).

I saw the title and wanted to see if JSRS6 ever got around to making these paddles from the CAD file. Sounds like he's super-busy, too. Nobody seemed to be interested several years ago when I first posted about how much I enjoyed them. Last post I saw (last year maybe?) was when Stephen was interested, so dug up the contact info I had for the vendor, sent it to him, and he made a final group buy and distributed them. Apparently Mad Racing stopped making them.

My car's trim is all there, btw. I just had an extra one lying around in case the grill surgery that I had to perform to get the laser jammer to fit went awry!

Anyway, not sure if the previous owners can chime in (maybe the last owner would be best), but I would just leave that one be (my two cents). Let's just say it's a small island, I've heard things, and leave it at that.
    But, if you are serious, my rec would be to have the Audi dealer check it out prior to buying. It would be money well spent. They only have 1 mechanic certified to work on the car (and he's a really good guy and mechanic), so if he checks it out, I would go with whatever he says. Again, I have never driven or inspected the car, just giving my opinion to your question.

I thought it was at the Audi dealer at first, which is now just down the block from my work since they moved. I was thinking of stopping by, but since it's at that other used car lot I honestly won't be able to make it down there anytime soon. Sorry. Feel free to pm me.

Spidercat, pm sent. Thanks.