Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 2012: Update

Quote Originally Posted by Benman View Post
    Yes, thank you for posting. Those were the first I've seen.
    I am sure by now many of you have also seen the video posted showing the rolling race between the C6 RS6 and the F10 M5. Granted the C6 RS6 was a very heavy car, probably more so than the new M5, I still contend that Audi will have to come very good to match, and more importantly beat the performance of the new M5.

I have owned nothing but Audi since 1993, but it has to be said that the automotive press all appear to be very impressed with the new M5 (as unattractive as it is).

The new RS6 will win the looks battle without much effort, I just hope that the performance puts it in a league of it's own. I've already seen enough posts of the RS5 being walked by the existing M3. I am hopeful this will not be the case with the new RS6.

I remain hopeful.

Any updates

when is 2013 model being released and any confirmation of US spec model

another video from Ring

http://tv.quattroruote.it/spy-video/video/audi-rs6/

Hey,where is the sound of engine??? seems electric.... only tyres screech

like typical RS6 sounds are lousy, you hear nothing....

by the way guys we've measure a new M5 on the dyno, we better hope we measured a very unique engine as the latest M5 engine is incredible. we measured close to 600 HP and above 800Nm (when its announces at 560 HP end 680Nm. too early to do statistical anaylyses... but the latest RS6 engien better be a beast....

and to be honest I doubt it.... as always audi wil relaese somethign that is at best close to the M btu not superior...... unless you consider the rainy conditions where the quattro will then be first....

I've slowly had it with latest AUDI philosophy with its RS cars.... and the mroe I think of it the more I think I will go with an R8 V10 for my next car.. its in the same price range then RS6 anyway.... but true sportcar...
    Youry
    RS QUATTRO
    www.rsquattro.com

^Producing more than per quota seems to a common thing with turbo/supercharged engines, I believe I read somewhere that the S4 produces between 380-400hp so the M5 actually having an extra 35-40hp sounds about right and of the examples that have been dyno-ed by the press have shown anything from 560hp upto 612hp yet the funny thing is this huge difference isn't yielding any difference in performance.

Does the RS6 need to be quicker, is that the only goal that's important or does handling, refinement, build, traction, brakes, looks have equal or even more importance? As long as its got similar levels of performance then surely that's all that's needed?
    Hanging the tail out is Vanity
    but choosing AWD is Sanity

I think the bigger question to be answered is how much more should Audifiles like ourselves be made to pay for a car that is "at best" equivalent to an M5.

I agree performance and speed is not everything, but it definitely has bearing in the decision, especially if the RS6 comes in at a significantly higher price.

All of what I just typed is null if the RS6 comes in with more power than the M5 on top of it's other aesthetic advantages.

I honestly hope that Audi follows the trend of the C5 and C6 RS6, both of which were quicker than their M5 counterparts of the same time frame.

^Well that all depends on what value you put on having the added traction of quattro, the superior build of an Audi and it's looks if it's performance is already similar. If weather changes where you are aren't huge and little or no snow then maybe the M5 or E63 is all you need but if some weeks of the year you suffer snow then the added traction of the RS6 might be invaluable.

I would honestly be happy to be given any of them but if it were my own money I would be willing to pay a modest premium for an RS6.
    Hanging the tail out is Vanity
    but choosing AWD is Sanity

Qisha, any news on the new RS6 and RS7 ??

Just heard from my Audi dealership that they have received the listing for future product. RS7 listed for North American market. No RS6 on the list. Can someone with a better source confirm or deny this?

If true I am pulling the trigger on something else. I've never been a big fan of the A7 body style.

In this day and age, issues with emissions regulations (which was supposedly the reason for the C6 RS6 not making it to NA) seem stupid when other manufacturers like Mercedes and BMW do not appear to have these problems. It's a real shame that Audi chooses to keep it's loyal NA customers guessing on whether their RS6 platform product will be made available or not. Mercedes and BMW NA customers never seem to have to wonder if the latest AMG or M based products will come.

The RS4 never made it. The RS5 did. I wonder if Audi will keep the RS6 avant only to promote RS7 sales as reported on some automotive sites? A real shame if correct.

The C6 platform offered nothing for the true enthusiast in NA. The S6 in that generation was a disappointment, and as a result I kept my C5 RS6. While that car is still in great shape, it is 8 years old. On this go around however, if there is no C7 RS6 destined for NA, Audi has one less customer.

Hi Qisha,

Very Unfortunate as not to have a Sedan version...and it seems harder for the RS6 to beat this now...See link below:

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11210194...-hp-and-4matic

Buzz
    Current ;-)
    Ferrari 458 Italia '12, SLS AMG '11, 997.2 Turbo '11, RS6 exclusive '09 MTM'd, RR Autobiography SC '11, Maserati GranCabrio S '12, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3 1971

Quote Originally Posted by TOAvusRS6 View Post
    Just heard from my Audi dealership that they have received the listing for future product. RS7 listed for North American market. No RS6 on the list. Can someone with a better source confirm or deny this?

If true I am pulling the trigger on something else. I've never been a big fan of the A7 body style.

In this day and age, issues with emissions regulations (which was supposedly the reason for the C6 RS6 not making it to NA) seem stupid when other manufacturers like Mercedes and BMW do not appear to have these problems. It's a real shame that Audi chooses to keep it's loyal NA customers guessing on whether their RS6 platform product will be made available or not. Mercedes and BMW NA customers never seem to have to wonder if the latest AMG or M based products will come.

The RS4 never made it. The RS5 did. I wonder if Audi will keep the RS6 avant only to promote RS7 sales as reported on some automotive sites? A real shame if correct.

The C6 platform offered nothing for the true enthusiast in NA. The S6 in that generation was a disappointment, and as a result I kept my C5 RS6. While that car is still in great shape, it is 8 years old. On this go around however, if there is no C7 RS6 destined for NA, Audi has one less customer.
    C7 RS7 only in US and presumably Canada. RS6 Avant only for this generation worldwide. I don't like this direction completely either but BMW and MB sell about double the units in the US and thus can afford more RS models. I have listed quite a few explanations in the 2013/2014 thread. Basically it boils down to the fact that Europeans prefer Avants which wouldn't sell in the US, but the US wouldn't quite yet handle both the RS6 sedan and RS7 so RS6 sedan wasn't developed. So only 1 version will come to the US.

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/24...-RS6-(2013-14)

I really don't understand this. The s series cars are kicking ass. S8 is fast than panamera turbo and M5.

It doesn't make sense but I have a feeling Audi can't compete for some other reason.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    I really don't understand this. The s series cars are kicking ass. S8 is fast than panamera turbo and M5.

It doesn't make sense but I have a feeling Audi can't compete for some other reason.
    Only Quisha can give you the real answer but here is what I think. There are couple of things in play.

1. Worldwide issue. As far as I know Audi will only make a certain amount of an RS models per year. Perhaps they can do 5,000 RS6 and 5,000 RS7 and 5,000 RS4 at a time. It looks like this is planned in advance for the entire generation. On the other hand I think BMW and Mercedes can and try to make as many M and AMG models as they can sell. For this reason Audi probably works with the different regions to give them exactly what they can sell as profitably as they can with as little discounts as possible.

2. US issue. While Audi is gaining momentum on BMW and MB it is still far behind on volume. Even if Audi says they could sell more with BMW/MB style incentives the gap is particularly wider in the A6/A8 and higher price brackets. Same with performance models as I would guess BMW sells more M3s than Audi does S5. AMG is on pace to sell 7,000+ units in the US alone while Audi likely sells fewer RS worldwide. In the end US dealers probably can't just yet sell both RS6 and RS7 at once.

However with the way autosales are in Europe vs. the US the logic might be reversing and perhaps Audi regrets its decision but it's too late now for this generation?