Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012: Update

No way we will see RS 6 or RS 7 on '12 Geneva...
    Maybe Paris, but no RS 6 or RS 7 on road before '13...
    I stii naven't see S6, S7 or S8 on road! :/

Everything is being delayed even the normal models. The S6/7 were due in Nov/Dec and still aren't here, the A3 originally was to be release Apr/May and it was pushed back till Sept, RS4 will be shown at Geneva but don't expect it before the new year by this reckoning so I seriously doubt you'll see an RS6/7 before the middle of next year. Audi really need to pull their finger out.
    Hanging the tail out is Vanity
    but choosing AWD is Sanity

the A3 was delayed? No way...the A3 8P was also presented in Geneva 2003 and was available for orders...I ordered one in June 2003 and got it in August 2003 ... so nothing unusual with the A3 here...

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroCool View Post
    the A3 was delayed? No way...the A3 8P was also presented in Geneva 2003 and was available for orders...I ordered one in June 2003 and got it in August 2003 ... so nothing unusual with the A3 here...
    I'm talking about the new A3 not the last one.

Yeah mee too...there is nothing unusual...the new A3 is going to be in Geneva - as it was always

Yeah Audi are very slow with their models. BMW have M5, M6 and the M6GC is coming soon. Mercedes already have the E63 and CLS63. Now that I think about it, there aren't even any reviews of the new S6/S7/S8 yet. I've only seen one review of the S5 facelift.
    HKS786

Quote Originally Posted by HKS786 View Post
    Yeah Audi are very slow with their models. BMW have M5, M6 and the M6GC is coming soon. Mercedes already have the E63 and CLS63. Now that I think about it, there aren't even any reviews of the new S6/S7/S8 yet. I've only seen one review of the S5 facelift.
    Yeah, Audi has become one of those companies that always wait to see what opposition do, probably buy those models, take a good look and then apply The Audi Beauty Enhancement Technologies and build s ''sort-of'' their own car! But, by the time they've gone through all of that - The World has already moved on and applied even newer solutions...

darpok do you really feel what BMW gives us is better than what Audi do?

BMW might bring new niches and ideas to market ahead of the rest but I find them flawed and when Audi put their stamp on it the whole concept just works so much better. Take the 550i, good car and engine but compared to the S6 Audi add cylinder deactivation, dual clutch and quattro turning a good car into a great one and I'm convinced the same thing will happen when the RS6 arrives.

In my opinion, I think Audi certainly has ability to stay ahead of the competition in some ways but sometimes they fall behind. For example, the B7 RS4 truly redefined that segment and the new M3/C63 now have high-output V8s. The R8 is a masterpiece with 4 variants and now the upcoming facelift models. The new S4 has lost the V8 but gained a FI V6 and sport differential which has really transformed performance.

However, in recent times I feel Audi are slow to move ahead. Only recently the S5 coupe has gained the V6S from the S4. Also, while the next M3/C63 are set to move to FI, Audi are still producing the RS4/RS5 with V8s. They could have used the 2.5 from the RS3 or even the V6S with ~400bhp from the Q5 concept. Also, no RS4 sedan. While we are waiting for the new S6/RS6 to come, the 550i/M5/E63/CLS63 are already selling and the new M6/M6GC are on the way too. BMW are also making the M-performance models (400bhp tri-turbo diesels with AWD). I was reading up on the new 328i saloon (4 cylinder turbo) and it's now putting out around 280bhp!

Bottom line: Audi are going to have to bring something new and exciting with their upcoming models, otherwise they are just playing catch-up.
    HKS786

Simple example, Audi C5 A6, produced from '97-'04, was available with 1.8 T engine, developing 150 hp, both FWD and quattro. In that time, BMW 5 series and Mercedes E class were unthinkable with something like that under the hood and AWD!
    Today...
    C7 A6 is offered with 2.0 T producing 180 hp and no quattro option! While, both BMW and Merc' are offered with small forced induction engines and AWD option, and thing to be worse, Merc's E 250 petrol version has 1.8 kompresor engine developing 204 hp, and BMWs 528i has 2.0 T with 245 hp!

So, can some one explain me why Audi vas modern 15 years ago, while it has so many things on offer that are today best selling features in its opponents!? (forced induction engines, diesel engines, all wheel drive, etc...)

Hey Qisha,

Thanks for posting this. I like the styling very much, even the boxed wheel arches that pay homage to the original Quattro.

What I am less keen on is the engine bay, which seems to be a mess of pipes and wires. I hope Audi calls a plumber before before it is launched.

Anyway, this car seems like a genuine alternative to a Porsche 911 - especially if it costs 15%-20% less for comparable performance.

Quote Originally Posted by tailpipe View Post
    Anyway, this car seems like a genuine alternative to a Porsche 911 - especially if it costs 15%-20% less for comparable performance.
    Did you just compare a two-ton Audi Avant with a 911?

Quote Originally Posted by The RS6 View Post
    Did you just compare a two-ton Audi Avant with a 911?
    Yes, I did. Sorry.

Both are true all-weather, year round sports cars. Of course, the 911 is lighter, more agile and ultimately quicker along a challenging mountain road. But have you seen how much bigger it has become? Yes, the RS6 is considerably larger, but it has room for a family of five plus my wife's dogs. And when they're not travelling with me, in theory I can throw it around a bit. Besides, won't the new RS6 shed 200 kg?

Lightbulb Short Update

Dear Friends,

figures are set and the new RS 6 will be on the market sooner as every other RS car before.

Qisha

Always nice to hear updates on progress - thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Qisha View Post
    Dear Friends,

figures are set and the new RS 6 will be on the market sooner as every other RS car before.

Qisha
    The U.S. market?
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Quote Originally Posted by Qisha View Post
    Dear Friends,

Qisha
    Figures are set, does this mean power, price or both?

Great news
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail