Thread: Drive a Focus, love your RS6

Drive a Focus, love your RS6

So I was in San Diego last week, driving a rented focus, which did pretty good all things considered. I knew I was missing the power and handling from my rs6, but what surprised me the most was the suspension. I've been bitching about my rebuilt DRC being rough, damn, it's amazing now after driving that focus around. Too often we get so familiar with our cars and don't realize just how amazing they are, although anything can be made better.

Speaking of better, saw and heard a sweet silver R8 with black side panels in La Jolla, beautiful car and the roar from the engine sounded sweet! Also got to view a beautiful F430, and a few nice Audi's.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

um, thanks for the heads up.... just kidding!

Driving my wife's SUV (2012 Honda CR-V FWD and just dumped the 2010 Acura MDX SH-AWD) - big difference between RS6 and, well, everything else
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

You know what I meant...now go buy some damn brake pads
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

yesssss......after swallowing my meds and driving my rs6 in the snow this weekend, I realized I almost screwed the pooch....thank god I didnt...btw, save your pennies and buy some KWv3's...u will be glad u did
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

I've been driving my UrS4 while I do the timing belt on my RS6, and the thing that has struck me the most is how effortless the power of the RS6 is. The 5 cylinder turbo can be pretty fast, but it takes constant attention to be in the right gear at all times. If you floor it at 1500 RPM you go nowhere. This is similar (but not as dramatic) in my turbo Miata. I was completely used to driving like that until I got the RS6 and developed bad habits

The other thing I realized is that I really do in fact dislike automatic transmissions, even if I do acclimate.

Doing exactly like in the topic Got a Focus 2009 edition outside (for daily) and RS6 in my garage. Love both for different reasons

Quote Originally Posted by SzymekCRX View Post
    Doing exactly like in the topic Got a Focus 2009 edition outside (for daily) and RS6 in my garage. Love both for different reasons
    Are you gonna Ken Block it?
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

a bit of a different experience for me - I spent three weeks over the holidays in Korea, driving my Skyline. The RS6 w/DRC is actually a bit harsher over road imperfections, and lacks the visceral power of 700bhp hitting all at once, screaming to 9000rpm. But to be honest, after a week, I began to miss the comfort of the RS6, and like any big-turbo car, you have to drive the Skyline in anger to get the goods - flooring the throttle in 5th on the highway yields no movement whatsoever!

I do love that car, and it is insanely fast. But it does so with a lot of drama and effort, and while the RS6 might be a second or two slower to 100mph, it's so smooth in hitting very extra-legal speeds. One needs both...

back on topic, for a Ford hatchback, I want that thing Tanner Faust is driving...
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo