Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Removing front seats?

^Mark me down as jealous...;(

Good luck with getting it resolved- That's all I have to offer...;0
    210K miles rolled

Randy^^^ TYVM.....i have read that basically i can buy 4.7 ohm resistor from the shack, and bridge the connector which will resolve issue. There are 4 connectors under seat, 2 of which have multiple connections, 2 with only 2....i of those 2 is all black, power to seat motor.... so is the yellow connector with 2 plugs is the airbag harness?....
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Sounds like a DIY with photos!!!!
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

yah, it sure does
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

I was perusing ebay.de looking for seats and found these. It says they are for A4, S4, RS4, maybe they would fit your harness. The seller has a couple different connector types, maybe if you email him, something could be made.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Airbag-Seite...item43ac6de291

Thank you for the link.

What does the the front seats have to do with the airbags? Front seats have no air bag in them...or do they? I think your problem is the front seats belts. Did you connect the connector for the front seat belts? I have a complete set of EU recaros in my car and when I installed them I forgot one of the connectors under the front chairs ( I think it might have been the seat belt one) because I was too anxious to drive in them. Connected it, cleared code and everything is fine. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by arS6 View Post
    What does the the front seats have to do with the airbags? Front seats have no air bag in them...or do they? ...
    Yes- The side air bag curtains are in the seat. You can see them on the side of the seat
    210K miles rolled

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRS6 View Post
    Yes- The side air bag curtains are in the seat. You can see them on the side of the seat
    Oh right! Totally forgot about those!

I am reviving this thread because what do I do when my seat motor seems to be toast!? So I can't move the seat all the way back. The seat is in about a middle position right now.

You hear it click when you move a button and then nothing, like the control panel is sending signal to a dead motor. Does the motor have a separate fuse? Should I check that?
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.
    RS6 #2 904568, Avus, Ebony, no stuff, stock minus RNS-E.

Any help here?
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.
    RS6 #2 904568, Avus, Ebony, no stuff, stock minus RNS-E.