Thread: What's a Nurburgring trackday like?

What's a Nurburgring trackday like?

Hello,

Here are the videos of July's Destination Nurburgring event:

Eat. Breathe. Drive.

Damn inF, I really enjoyed vicariously your brother's ride on the 'Ring with what I assume is a professional racing driver, it's the next best thing at being there. I could'nt see the vid where you are driving the VW, got stuck at 4.36, but I can only imagine the overwhelming experience that can be driving on the 'Ring. I have raced locally here in Mexico, and your videos makes us realize the enourmous difference on driving skills, and the experience needed to tackle the 'Ring at a half decent level. Nevertheless, a truly joyful experience. Thank you very much !

Thank you Jimmy!

Yes, Radical driver was Michael Vergers who currently holds Ring record with streel legal cars and is an ex-LeMans driver. He's a great guy and an awesome pilot I think.

As for the Ring itself, it's simply an extreme track. You will feel mostly safe in a foolproof car as Scirocco but you only realize how things went already out of your control when you notice %50 of the time ESP light flashes. And believe me that number is not an exaggeration. Despite all the electronic systems and my relative experience on the Ring, you really should watch 06:57 on second video to see what I mean.

All in all, it's definitively unforgettable but unforgiving all the same.
    Eat. Breathe. Drive.

Quote Originally Posted by inF View Post
    As for the Ring itself, it's simply an extreme track. You will feel mostly safe in a foolproof car as Scirocco...

All in all, it's definitively unforgettable but unforgiving all the same.
    Can't believe I missed these videos, excellent! Yep, The Ring is one of the special places... I miss it and can't wait to go back! Thanks for sharing!

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan