Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Selling special sauce.....

Quote Originally Posted by speedtrapped View Post
    Thanks guys, I had a moment of insanity...
    Stephen, so are you still thinking of parting w/ special sauce or did you reconsider....seems that Dion has dibs...put me down as next in line on the interested parties list ...

BTW Dion did my 75k Timing /Water pump etc. in Dec 2011 while I was in NJ for a friends wedding....Def. Reccomend Drive Autoworks in Lyndhurst NJ to all on this forum, Dion has a team of RS6 Experienced & Qualified staff who are also super cool, the service was A+++++ thanks for putting me in touch w/ Drive they are great!
    Last edited by nistah; January 18th, 2012 at 17:07. Reason: corrected omission
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, Hotchkiss Front & Rear Sway Bars, Koni Yellow's

I recently saw an RS4 and had a discussion with the owner. He was unfamiliar with the RS6, but the more I described it to him, the less interesting his car was to me. 8 yrs/108k .. I remain very happy with it. In a way, it's a curse - I have the bug to get something new, but it has spoiled me so much that there is nothing else that really interests me to any great extent.
    GBNF: Mugello, silver, carbon, RNS-E, H&R coilovers, Hotchkiss
    '14 GL550
    '79 911SC Targa

Well, sense has come.....I'm going to keep her. Again, everyone's advice appreciated. As suggested, I still have the black leather recaros to install, so interior will be freshened up a bit. the more I thought about it the more I realized she is awesome. Can't match speed, handling AWD for the price. Egg on face....
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Welcome back...glad you came to your senses...
    2013 Audi S8

Quote Originally Posted by speedtrapped View Post
    Thanks guys, I had a moment of insanity. $10k down the road can be used for something useful like manual swap.
    ... done by a mechanic that knows/wants the car. I'm still 'new' with the RS6 (7 months) but every day I look at it - even just sitting in the parking lot - I am happy. Nearly everyone who sees it gives me the "omg, that car looks great" then I tell them 100k and its an '03 and they are floored. They don't even really know what the RS6 is and all about, just that there is "something" about it even parked.
    -Greg
    2003 RS6

Phewwwww- Glad my reality is back into focus....;0
    210K miles rolled

I tell you speed After seeing this Video A few years ago I was almost tempted to go the RS4 route. But they were way to expensive and that's without the Supercharger. So I went the RS6 route and never looked back. Glad you decided to stay with us..........................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBkX8GS5FoY
    03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.

Thanks fellas, glad this community rocks! Ya, APR $15k is nuts, albeit reliable. That said I think if I decide to jack up ludicrous speed, I will continue to molest the V, it's way cheaper to do so. I might do the the straight pipe route on the beast, I need her louder! And it. Should be cheap enough to do.
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Glad to see you're not a quitter....hehe
    91' NSX Turbo 700whp/550tq
    03' RS6 550ish bhp/tq
    09' R8 :-)

Speedtrapped, I have had my "6" for about 7 weeks now and the ways she feels is still fresh in my mind. I just arrived back in France for work and a friend picked me up at the airport in his recently acquired 2007 RS4 Avant. Blacked out model, sport suspension, with very nice Recaros (Euro spec). My impressions were of a great car, a little basic in the interior (read sporty), and it seems to handle very well. The torque that you are used to is not there, you've got to rev this engine to get the power and the engine note is a higher pitched snarl as opposed to the RS6's throaty, bassy roar. Interior space is less, as to be expected.

The ride quallity is good for stock but I think that coilover set-ups that some RS6 users have here would perform better. Engine start button and sport buttons are nice but my lasting impression was how much more I enjoy the cockpit and interior of my 6. It's more exec. Better Recaro seats would be an excellent option, I would like to do this because the seats in the RS4 car are amazingly supportive and comfortable. Flat bottomed steering wheel looks good but the bottom section in grey is actually plastic, perhaps alu or carbon are an option but the plastic is not nice. I know the US spec is different but just pointing out what I see.

We are going up to the Alps this weekend and will see what she is made of, more to report back on Monday..................

DC

Ty for that...enjoy the alps! That's awesome.

Now that I think of it, I recall going for a ride in a RS4 when they first came out. I bought some turbos from a guy for my 996 turbo. I seem to remember thinking, wow.. revs so high, but doesn't really go anywhere?
    2013 Audi S8

Holy crap gone for a few days...

I think the RNS-E is a good idea if it keeps you off the ledge. Get the 2010 version and you will think you have a new car (I am not speaking from experience since I am too cheap for that upgrade).

Hahnmgh, if you get a Viper I get a ride.
    2003 Daytona/Silver RS6

Count me in for that ride also, hahn and Chung!

Speed, I'm so glad you came back from the ledge! Let's just call it temporary insanity and move on!
    2003 RS6, Mugello Blue/Ebony - SOLD :-(
    2015 S5 Coupe, Mythos Black w/Black Optics package and an attitude

Reading through this thread makes me even happier that I own an rs6. There are not many cars that are timeless. Don't get me wrong, it's no f40 or ford GT. But it is something special. Glad to see you sticking with it Stephen.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    Reading through this thread makes me even happier that I own an rs6. There are not many cars that are timeless. Don't get me wrong, it's no f40 or ford GT. But it is something special. Glad to see you sticking with it Stephen.
    Dittos!!
    2003 Rs6 Mugello/Ebony Eurocharged/APR R1 DV's/RNS-E/KW-v3/Hotchkis/Full Milltek Cat-less/Apikol IC's/D.O. water-meth/ 6 speed SOLD!! Next???

I totally agree with friend Hahn. Get something else but don't sell the Beast. The C 5 is destined to become a classic.