Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Selling special sauce.....

Selling special sauce.....

Ok, the headline is an attention grabber, purposefully. I'm at a crossroads of ownership. Since buying my beast, I have- added wagners, BBS-gts, kwv3(came with), snow stage 3 meth, new rotors, brake pads, a complete stage 3 DBR cosworth engine(swapped it has 56k miles), new timing belt kit(et al), new linkage in front, Custom built level 10 trans and TC, milltek cutback from the DBR racing cats, wideband with gauge, and a custom CF spoiler lip. Ok, so I love the RS6, but alas it's getting long in tooth. Spool, I was wondering what about an 08' RS4 with 49k miles, black/black coupe 6 speed with a bumper to bumper platinum coverage aftermkt warranty? Def less power, but updated. Down road maybe do the APR stage supercharger kit, 590hp. The car is mint, and well maintained by Dion, my Audi mechanic. He has stage 1 APR, custom exhaust...he wants $lo $40ks........am I crazy? Our cars are 9 years old! Also, for power I have a stupid fast cts-v wagon that I love, and frankly can spend another $3k to get to make reliable 620/630 rwp.
    Flame on, but any advice at this time of indecision would be helpful. Also I am 6-4", I have driven an RS4 before, I fit, but back seat didn't exist behind me, like my previous 911.
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Damn autocorrect, spool is Soooo
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Long in the tooth?? My RS6 with 100,000 miles is the newest in my 4 car fleet by both age and mileage!

Maybe you should put the RS6 motor in the RS4... it's not impossible.

I feel your pain Stephen...I habitually spend big loot on a cool car, ALWAYS with the intentions of modding it, spend thousands, sometimes tens of thousands modding it, get bored and dump it...only to start again on another POS... gotta stop the bleeding...my advice is just keep it and drive it....good luck with whatever you decide though...M
    2013 Audi S8

Quote Originally Posted by kday View Post
    Long in the tooth?? My RS6 with 100,000 miles is the newest in my 4 car fleet by both age and mileage!

Maybe you should put the RS6 motor in the RS4... it's not impossible.
    I do have an extra cosworth,

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    I feel your pain Stephen...I habitually spend big loot on a cool car, ALWAYS with the intentions of modding it, spend thousands, sometimes tens of thousands modding it, get bored and dump it...only to start again on another POS... gotta stop the bleeding...my advice is just keep it and drive it....good luck with whatever you decide though...M
    no shite, bleeding is spot on. I'm going to drive dion's car for a couple of days just to see if I really want to give up. He is not badgering me, but he wants my car badly, as he did all the work and knows the car better then me, mechanically.

Quote Originally Posted by speedtrapped View Post
    no shite, bleeding is spot on. I'm going to drive dion's car for a couple of days just to see if I really want to give up. He is not badgering me, but he wants my car badly, as he did all the work and knows the car better then me, mechanically.
    Drive it for a while and drive it EVERYWHERE you've driven the RS6. Make your decision wisely my friend...My garage is almost done, so I will finally continue the modding on the RS6. Still need to do engine mounts, downpipes, wastegates, etc.. I will likely go back old school and tt another muscle car...thinking a 66-67 Chevelle...
    2013 Audi S8

Stephen, I don't know what to say...
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Quote Originally Posted by JSRS6 View Post
    Stephen, I don't know what to say...
    I didn't either....I tried to post a few times and didn't know what to say...
    2013 Audi S8

.................................................. .................................

Take example from one forum member -> Fonzie Audi

There are countless times where peeps sell their RS6 and about a month later, they wish they had it back.

Sounds like, to me, you need to find a set of Euro Recaros and be done with it...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

ever stop to think and wonder why your mechanic wants your car so badly?

For better or worse, Audis are so far ahead in their technology that, nine years old, the only "old" aspect I can think of is that there's a cassette deck in the dash. No nav, auto-syncing BT for my phone, no in-car wifi, no finger touch spelling, or voice recognition. But that can all be easily added.

Or how about magnetorheological dampers like on the R8? Or head up display, or night vision? Does one really need that?

The only thing about an RS4 I can think of is that it's a manual. And less powerful. And smaller, but not in a good way.

Nine years on, the only Audis to top the RS6 is, well, the RS6 (C6), and that V10 makes the C6 a poorer handling car than the C5. And the V10 R8.

Long in the tooth, is a phrase I wouldn't use with the RS6. Maybe the styling? When I chose this car, consideration was given to the R8 4.2, and the Nissan GT-R (R35). I just can't give up the practicality however; as you have a wagon, you might be able to. In that case, go two-seater. Lotus Exige. Or if it must be an Audi, I'd wait for the resurrection of the Quattro (the C5 will remain quite relevant until then!) If you're going to have contrasting cars, for god's sake make them contrast!
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

Long in tooth is more of a description of my relationship with cars....I tend not to hold them long. D3 S8, 1 year, CL65 amg 4 months.....I really needed someone to say, he'll ya do it. I do luv my RS6, and it's fast as shite. More then likely you can be assured this is a wasted thread. In order for me to make car fun reliably I would have to drop some big cheese. Also, my S8 was a great car, but ironically when I bought the RS6 I fell in love with forced induction....1st turbo'ed car. Matter of fact I was driving the RS6 so much, the S8 sat.
    Dion knows it's mechanically near perfect, and since I am only 1 of 2 DBR stage 3 in states, unique. Alas, out of pocket for me is $14k, and that's still with a NA engine.
    Thanks guys, I had a moment of insanity. $10k down the road can be used for something useful like manual swap.

I have RS4 and RS6 and...

I think about selling the RS4 every day now that I've owned an RS6 for about a year. I'm sure that will wear off over time but who knows. The RS4 is bone stock except for a milltek exhaust and I recently had the RS6 custom tuned so it is significantly faster than the RS4. (ditched the MTM tune after about 4 months). I bought the RS4 brand new and just turned 30k miles the other day. It's a fantastic car. Totally different than the RS6. I'm 6'4 as well and fit in it just fine. RS6 is my daily driver and the RS4 sits in the garage staying perfect. If I feel like being sporty, getting into the twisties and being loud the RS4 is the way to go. If I just want to cruise, relax and build effortless speed on the highway I drive the RS6. They really are night and day.

Keep the RS6 and update it just a little (other than power goodies obviously since your already there) with and RNS-E & Bluetooth, maybe some LED tails if you don't have them already then if you feel the need for another car just buy another & keep the RS6. I currently have the RS6 & 5 other cars & a truck & a motorcyle. If you need more room just build a shop. I'm still thinking of getting another Viper(GTS (faster than the SRT) this time instead of a RT/10, maybe a used 997 Turbo, selling the tt & getting a newer A3 or Golf Diesel for the usual daily commuter (new 2.0t Diesel is a screamer & there is aftermarket stuff that bumps it up well & over 40mpg).
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Don't forget about the nasty carbon build up issue with RS4's as well.
    ECU/TCU chip, Euro Recaro's, KW 3's, Wagners, Venair hoses, Dahlback diverters, Hotchkis sways, Phaeton ducts, lower spoilers, custom vent's in hood

I just purchase my rs6, I love these car.I want to put the best of the best in this car. So I tollally understand the bleeding concept. Anyway good luck

Quote Originally Posted by kismetcapitan View Post
    For better or worse, Audis are so far ahead in their technology that, nine years old, the only "old" aspect I can think of is that there's a cassette deck in the dash. No nav, auto-syncing BT for my phone, no in-car wifi, no finger touch spelling, or voice recognition.
    I think this is a good point. If my experience with my 1994 S4 is any guide, we have a good 5 years or so before the C5 RS6 starts to feel dated.

The other aspect is the unique engine. That's always going to be pretty exclusive. (Though I was a little disappointed to realize that there were a few other biturbo V8s in my parking lot at work -- a Panamera and a couple Cayennes. And just a matter of time before the BMWs show up.)