Thread: MTM 1/4 mile

Question MTM 1/4 mile

Hi!

Anybody has a timing comparison of chipped RS6?

It would be nice to see the MTM, ABT, APR and so on, comparing 1/4 mile, 0-100km/h times.
    Peace All

Marcin
    RS6 Avant Daytona Grey - MTM stage 2 - 508HP/700Nm

Re: MTM 1/4 mile

Originally posted by TaTaPiRaTa
    Hi!

Anybody has a timing comparison of chipped RS6?

It would be nice to see the MTM, ABT, APR and so on, comparing 1/4 mile, 0-100km/h times.
    Yeah, that would be great, but it's probably months away -- if then. Some tuners are just now entering the market (e.g. APR), for one thing. For another, who would do this? I can't think of any car magazines, at least in the U.S., that would go to such an expense for such a limited market.

The expense, I'm guessing, would mount from having to either a) gather several RS6s with different chips at the same site, or b) modifying one or two RS6s several times -- once for each chip. Who would pay for this, for such a limited audience?

Alternatively, maybe someone would gather data from each tuner & assemble a comparison chart, table, or whatever. That would be interesting, but wouldn't relying on claims by aftermarket tuners be risky business? Even if all of them are honest, other variables -- temperature, humidity, altitude, testing equipment, driver skills -- seemingly could taint any attempt at direct comparisons.

Of course, as already stated I'm just guessing, so... maybe I'm wrong!

There has been a comparative review of the MTM and Sportec chipped cars in Audi Driver. Also, these two cars ran head to head on the 1/4 mile at the GTI International meeting in the UK in May.
    03 RS6 Avant - Daytona Grey, Silver Leather/Alcantara :)

sport auto is the best! guys, never forget the search function!

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread....ght=sport+auto

RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail