Thread: looking for super low mile rs6

looking for super low mile rs6

If anybody knows of an unusually low mile mint conditions rs6 for sale not listed in the normal places, ebay, cars.com etc, please send me a pm. very open to color combos.

thanks in advance for any leads

A super low mile car (less than about 25k miles) is going to be a nightmare - with every piece of rubber, and every oil seal ready to go - dried out from non-use. Start putting miles on a car that sits, and you'll invariably spend a lot of money on it. If you're looking for a good daily driver, I think it is safer to go with a car in the 80-120k mile range - something that you know has been taken care of, with maintenance records to prove it. Further, a car of that age is likely to have the DRC and Torque Converter either replaced or refreshed, again saving you on headache and cost...

If this is for a private collection, and it will be sitting in a warehouse in perpetuity, then a low mile car may be perfect for that role...
    Daily Drivers: 2002 Mercedes E55 AMG, Brilliant Silver, Autoadapt Menox control, hard-wired Valentine 1 | Ki Tsunami Titanium w/ Spinergy SPOX, Jay J2 Seatback, Jay J3 cushion, 2.5 degree camber

Pixie, I couldn't agree more. An RS6 with 75K on it with service records to prove it has been maintained properly is a much better bet, IMO, than one that has been sitting around for 8 or 9 years without being driven much. My car had 81K on it when I bought it, all service records were available, and I could see from those records that the previous owner had done all required maintenance at the proper intervals, plus the DRC recall, and I could see that there were no recurring issues with the transmission and torque converter or any other chronic problems that would serve as red flags. In short, a car that's been driven regularly and properly cared for is less likely to have bugaboos. Plus, some of the recommended service intervals are VERY expensive if you're not doing it yourself (e.g. 75K service), so you'll save yourself some $$$ as well.
    2003 RS6, Mugello Blue/Ebony - SOLD :-(
    2015 S5 Coupe, Mythos Black w/Black Optics package and an attitude

^ +2 I have a friend that "got" a low miles RS6 from his uncle that had been sitting for 18 months. The car ate money for months, seals, bearings, bushings etc.

if ya don't flex those MUSCLES, it turns into flab... so to say...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Agree w above sentiment... its not really opinion, but more fact. Much more true for the exotics out there. Less miles means less love.. unless they went around the block everyday. but there was just someone posting 45k mile car on the boards. I would say thats the lowest you'd want to go. Right at 5K + miles a year. Or 15k for 3 years and zero for 6. who knows..
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."