Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All I want for Christmas = MTM TCU

All I want for Christmas = MTM TCU

I've sent versions of the following e-mail on three seperate occations o all of Hoppen's e-mail addy's mtm.inquires@gmail.com , mtmtuning@gmail.com, hoppen4mtm@aol.com

"Hello I would like to inquire as to the process of getting my TCU reflashed/updated to MTM.
    I understand that I must remove the unit and express mail to :
    Joe Hoppen Motorsport Inc. 6245 Clark Center Avenue - Suite M Sarasota, FL 34238
    I am planning to send the TCU to your shop for tuning on or around 12/27....Please advise what else I need to do to start the process,"

Also tried calling the shop at 941-924-6380 and NO LUCK getting in touch with them.... can anyone advise me what I may try to make this happen....I would really like to get the MTM TCU tune on my Beast!!!

TIA
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, Hotchkiss Front & Rear Sway Bars, Koni Yellow's

I'm guessing they are on holiday break, and Mike is already a busy guy. It took me a few weeks this summer to get through, I would give them until after new years. Not to rub it in, but everyday I love that TCU chip, such nice shifts. Been driving in Tip more recently and if you shift just right it is ultra smooth, plus you can still hit the gears good if needed!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

/me happy as well got the euro MTM chip version

Thumbs up am happy with my apr chip

Quote Originally Posted by SzymekCRX View Post
    /me happy as well got the euro MTM chip version
    4-settings... way too cool

Quote Originally Posted by ntrcptr View Post
    4-settings... way too cool
    They're talking about the transmission chip. The apr engine chip is great though. I have it with the mtm tcu chip and am very happy.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    I'm guessing they are on holiday break, and Mike is already a busy guy. It took me a few weeks this summer to get through, I would give them until after new years. Not to rub it in, but everyday I love that TCU chip, such nice shifts. Been driving in Tip more recently and if you shift just right it is ultra smooth, plus you can still hit the gears good if needed!

Me too

I have called and emailed as well... if anyone can help here, it would be appreciated!

Sure they are out for the holiday. Unfortunately you may have to wait until after the first of the year.
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement

Any one try the Montreal MTM guy? Tried Hoppen 5 days in a row and no response to voicemail, and no answer ever. Emailed the guy in Montreal on a Saturday night and got and immediate response. Why wouldn't/shouldn't I use him instead? Any one have any experience with him?.

Any updates?

New guy here, been lurking on the site for a year or so. Anyone have contact with Hoppen yet this year? I was in touch with them in October about an MTM TCU, but haven't been able to get them to respond via phone or email since. 905084, did you decide to go with the Montreal guy?

Haven't tried the Montreal guy yet, but he was extremely responsive (PM me for if email if interested). I'm not sure I'm Sportec chipped on the TCU but it was suppose to be on the ECU so it might be. Still working out the intercooler and driveablity problems before I move onto chipping the TCU.

Thanks, I'll try Hoppen again this week, and if I hear nothing, may look into the Montreal option.

I would give up on Hoppen.
    I ordered my ECU and TCU from them and paid for back in September. Multiple calls and e-mails first responded with "2 more weeks". Eventually they stopped answering calls and my e-mails.
    I called the credit card company and disputed the charge.
    Very sad that this is the only place that represents MTM in the states, and they do so horribly. Others will sell MTM, but in the end, most other shops will get them from Hoppen as well.

I WOULD STAY AWAY FROM HOPPEN.

I wonder if someone has left the company, Mike, or there are some other issues. When I had dealt with them about 6 months ago they gave me some time on the phone multiple times and a quick turnaround once I sent my TCU in. My story was...

1-ordered TCU chip and fried the TCU with my mechs help
    2-send fried TCU back to Hoppen, broken
    3-send new TCU to Hoppen, Mike put the chip in, sent back worked perfect, even a slight discount due to my loss of the first chip I bought

They must be having some personal issues, too bad to hear about the poor service. Nene, haven't seen you post in a while, how's the beast doing?
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

This doesn't sound promising. I've tried calling a couple times in the last week, but the phone number given on the website rings and eventually goes to a fax. I got a prompt response back in early October, but unfortunately didn't pull the trigger at that time. Has anyone tried MTM USA William Young up in MI (from MTM's website)? I'm reluctant to be the guinea pig on sending the TCU to Montreal, as friends have had trouble with Canada post recently.

Nene, had you sent them your ECU/TCU?

I did not send Hoppen anything. Never really got the chance to.
    I placed the order, and they took the credit card number to handle everything. I was told 2 weeks to get the encryption board from MTM in Europe, at which point they would call me to send my ECU and TCU. Well, 2 weeks turned into 2 months... and plenty of calls and e-mails.... and nothing.
    So I called the credit card company to dispute the charges, as the service I paid for was never provided.

Sticking with stock for now. Still happy with it. Original owner still.

I'm Linkedin with Mike and I checked his profile and he's still active there. Not sure why you're having issues with him.
    2003 Rs6 Mugello/Ebony Eurocharged/APR R1 DV's/RNS-E/KW-v3/Hotchkis/Full Milltek Cat-less/Apikol IC's/D.O. water-meth/ 6 speed SOLD!! Next???

Can someone please provide the POC info for the montreal guy and all other resources aside from Hoppen, I've had no success getting through to Hoppen and want to start looking elsewhere at this point.
    Thanks!
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, Hotchkiss Front & Rear Sway Bars, Koni Yellow's

The company in Montreal ios call Horchaus.

I've emailed them to see what they charge for the MTM TCU update.

Here is a link to what they do for the RS6

http://www.horchaus.com/Price%20List...%20quattro.htm

Here is their home website

http://www.horchaus.com/index.html

In fact, in the time it has taken me to write this reply they have already replied back to my email to them.

Their cost is $150CAD plus shipping and you of course have to send them your TCU and the return time is same day or next day.

Their email is info@horchaus.com
    ECU/TCU chip, Euro Recaro's, KW 3's, Wagners, Venair hoses, Dahlback diverters, Hotchkis sways, Phaeton ducts, lower spoilers, custom vent's in hood